Overview of 1 Night 2 Days Cherai Beach & Athirapally Package:
Those who want to relax during a weekend in any of the beach destinations in Kerala, that too without any much travel on the road, we recommend Cherai beach. Since Athirappilly waterfalls, which is the biggest waterfall in Kerala is located close to Cherai beach. Below are the more details about the Cherai beach Athirapally package.
this package is being designed to visit both the beautiful places in Kerala. More details about arrival and departure, daily schedule, package price, etc are given below.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival and Departure by Flight-
Kochi (Cochin) Airport is the most suitable and nearest airport.
2) Arrival by Train or Bus-
The most suitable and nearest railway station or Bus stand is Aluva.
3) Departure by Train or Bus-
The most suitable and nearest railway station or bus stand is Chalakudi. In case your train does not stop at Chalakudi, you can also depart from the Aluva railway station.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Hotel check-in time is 12 noon and you can reach before noon.
- If you are coming by an early morning flight or train, since the check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up can be arranged and will be charged extra. In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 5 pm.
Day 1: Cherai beach
On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Cherai beach. Check-in Hotel.
Leisure at the resort. Below are the activities or tour options available in Cherai beach.
Activities to do in Cherai Beach:
If you want to do any beach activities during the trip to Cherai, below are the details.
1) Adventure and fun rides –
- There is a water sports center available in Cherai.
- Since this center is having many activities, we recommend you only fun rides or activities which include banana ride, lay low ride, kneeboard, kayaking single or double, bumper ride, speed boat ride, etc.
- They also have catamaran ride, windsurfing, water ski, and scuba diving which required pre-training.
2) Swimming on the beach-
- you can go up to 50 meters inside in selected places.
3) Munambam –
- If you would like to go fishing, this place is very famous. You need to bring the fishing gear and bite.
Cherai backwater has a country boat or peddles boat rides available.
4) Ayurveda treatment –
- Authentic ayurvedic centers are available for treatment.
Note: Overnight stay in Cherai beach.
Important Beach Tips:
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hours.
- During season or rush time, all the activities need to be booked in advance in case interested.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- NO washroom or bathing arrangement available on the beach.
- It will be crowded with local tourists during holidays and weekends.
Day 2: Cherai Beach to Athirappilly Water
Today is the last day of your trip. Today’s schedule includes visit Athirappilly waterfalls, nearby places and then drop at railway station/ bus stand or Kochi airport. Check out from Cherai beach hotel and proceed to Athirappilly. Below are the sightseeing options planned at Athirappilly.
Pick up from your place of stay at Kochi by our driver cum guide, proceed to Athirapally. It takes 1.5 hours drive from Ernakulam and 1hr drive from Kochi airport. Below is the best sightseeing options planned for this trip
1) Thumboormuzhi Dam and Garden – Famous Tourist Spot of Thrissur:
About Thumboormuzhi dam-
- Thumboormuzhi dam and garden are part of the Ezattumugham Prakrithi Gramam project.
- The project includes a hanging bridge, which is the main attraction, a butterfly garden, kids play area, a watchtower to see the river, etc are the main attraction of this place.
- Hanging bridge is the main attraction as when you walk on this bridge, you can see Chalakudi river flows under your feet, view from the middle of the river, and one of the best places for photography.
- The butterfly park is another attraction.
- This place is located before Athirapally waterfalls from Kochi to the Athirapally route.
- This is one of the best places for photography and family outing.
Travel Tips to Visit Thumboormuzhi –
- Entry fee of Rs 40 per adult and Children Rs 10.
- Parking available inside the park.
- Visit this before or after the Athirapally visit. Park and butterfly garden close at 16:30 hours.
2) Athirapally falls-Biggest Waterfalls in Kerala:
About athirapally fall-
- Commonly called as Nayagra of Kerala is one of the beautiful places where you can see the biggest waterfall called Athirapally waterfalls.
- There are two more waterfalls called Chapra and Vazachal is also close by. Go here for more details About Athirapally fall.
Travel tips to Visit Athirapally fall-
- Open at 08:00 hours and entry close at 16:30 hours. The entry fee is Rs 40 per adult, Rs 10 for Children, and 150 for foreigners.
- Best time and season to visit. The best season to visit is after monsoon ie from Aug to Feb and the best time to visit is till 11 am or after 15:0o hrs.
- You can see the waterfall from two different places. One is from the top and the other is bottom.
- Since the pathway to the bottom is too steep, climbing back for persons with heart disease, breathing problems and handicapped may face difficulty.
- Bathing in the river is possible in selected places. So keep your changing clothes with you before entering.
- Plastic bottles or water bottles are allowed to carry subject to a security deposit. You will lose the security deposit in case these are not taken back.
- Eateries are not allowed inside the forest.
- A wheelchair is accessible at the top of the falls.
- The total time to visit the top of the falls is a minimum of 1 hour and the bottom is 1.5 hours. In case you visit Athirapally falls along with Charpa and Vazachal, you may need a half day.
- Close to entrance, restaurants and coffee shops are available.
3) Charpa Waterfalls- Beautiful waterfall of Thrissur:
About Charpa waterfall-
- Charpa waterfall is located 3 kms from Athirapally waterfalls towards Vazachal on the way to Sholayar Dam.
- This is relatively a small fall, but best to see during monsoon.
- This is located left side of the road and there is no entry ticket required.
- During monsoon, when the fall is full-blown, even you cannot stand on the bridge or chances of wetting. There will not be any water or dry during summertime.
4) Vazhachal falls:
About Vazhachal falls-
- Vazachal waterfall is located 5 kms from Athirapally towards the Sholayar Dam route.
- This is a different kind of waterfall which is laid back and gently cascading on the rocks which is not that much of slop.
- With the backdrop of the lush green forest, the scenic beauty is very good and a good place for a memorable photo.
- You can go very close to the fall until the fencing and watch closely the milky water.
- This is one of the best places to relax and enjoy as there are a park and coffee shop that is also available.
- The entry ticket purchased at Athirapally waterfall is valid here also, therefore, we should keep this with you.
Travel Tips to Visit Vazhachal falls-
- Located on the right side of the Athirappilly – sholayar route.
- The entry fee paid at Athirappilly waterfall is valid here also.
- During summer, there may not be any water and not worth a visit.
- Best time to visit from Jun to Sep.
- A small park is attached to this where you can sit and watch. A small cafeteria is also available.
- Better to carry an umbrella during monsoon time.
After sightseeing at Athirappilly, depart for railway station/ bus stand or Airport, drop at the appropriate time and tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- The normal check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm. Early check-in available subject to room availability and depend on hotel policy.
- Cherai and Munambam basically a local fishing village and the beach is being used by local fishermen also.
- There is NO veg food available in and around Cherai restaurants. You need to depend on the hotel where you are staying for this.
- Holiday on any beach in Kerala is not idle during monsoon from Jun to Aug.
- Taxi given is just for transfers and sightseeing as per the program mentioned only and not available at disposal.
- The best time to visit Athirappilly is from Jun to Sep.
- This waterfall was closed for a week due to the overflowing of the Chalakudi river. Therefore, it’s advisable not to visit this place during floods in Kerala.
How to reduce the package cost?
Below are the few tips as to how you can reduce this package price.
- Travel as a group. Try to travel as a group like two couples or three couples; this will reduce the price considerably.
- Reduce the taxi costs. As per the above program, your approximate taxi charges will be Rs 4300 considering your arrival at Kochi airport. You can reduce the taxi charges by traveling on public buses. But due to the non-availability of proper buses, we do not recommend traveling on a public bus and recommend having a private taxi for this trip.
- Use similar hotels. Srees Tours choose hotels in a good location. When this is changed, the price will reduce.
Tour Package Cost:
|Cherai beach 1 night||Blue waters Cherai||Cherai beach resort|
|Cost for 2 adults valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec & 15 Jan to 31 Mar||Rs 8200||Rs 9200|
|Child Charges Up to 5 years free 5 – 10 years without bed||Rs 500||Rs 500|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 750||Rs 1000|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC sedan car for transfers.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 10 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.