Overview of 1 Night 2 Days Athirapally Tour Package:
Athirappilly is famous for its biggest waterfall in Kerala. Since this place is located in the Vazhachal forest division, this place is also famous for greenery due to the thick sholayar forest, beautiful countryside due to Chalakudi river, a couple of water theme parks – all these make Athirapally tour a memorable trip for tourists. Due to all these reasons, this place is idle for a weekend vacation.
We have designed this weekend trip in such a way that you enjoy every bit of time you spend here. Other details about arrival, itinerary, etc are below.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival and Departure by Flight:
- Kochi (Cochin) Airport is the most suitable and nearest airport to Athirappilly.
2) Arrival and Departure by Train:
- The most suitable and nearest railway station is the Chalakudi. In case your train does not stop there, Aluva is another nearby railway station.
3) Arrival & departure by Bus:
- The most suitable and nearest Bus stand is Chalakudi.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Hotel check-in time is 12 noon. Therefore, you can plan your arrival accordingly.
- But if you are coming by an early morning bus, since the check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up can be arranged and will be charged additionally.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 12 pm.
Day 1: Athirappilly
Your arrival at Kochi airport or railway station, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Athirappilly. It takes a 1-hour drive from the airport or Aluva railway station. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Leisure at the hotel and enjoy the Athirappilly riverside. After lunch, we have arranged a sightseeing trip for you.
1) Athirapally falls – Biggest Waterfall in Kerala:
About Athiapally falls-
- This fall is called Niagara of Kerala is
- A beautiful place to visit where you can see the biggest waterfall called Athirapally waterfalls.
- There are two nearby waterfalls called Charpa and Vazhachal fall to see. Get more details about Athirappilly waterfalls.
Travel Tips to Visit Athirapally waterfalls:
- Open at 08:00 hours and entry close at 16:30 hours. The entry fee is Rs 40 per adult, Rs 10 for Children, and 150 for foreigners.
- Best time and season to visit. The best season to visit is after monsoon ie from Aug to Feb and the best time to visit is till 11 am or after 15:00 hours.
- You can see the waterfall from two different places. One is from the top and the other is bottom.
- Since the pathway to the bottom is too steep, climbing back for persons with heart disease, breathing problems and handicapped may face difficulty.
- Bathing in the river is possible in selected places. So keep your changing clothes with you before entering.
- Plastic bottles or water bottles are allowed to carry subject to a security deposit. You will lose the security deposit in case these are not taken back.
- Eateries are not allowed inside the forest.
- The wheelchair is accessible at the top of the falls.
- The total time to visit the top of the falls is a minimum of 1 hour and the bottom is 1.5 hours. In case you visit Athirapally falls along with Charpa and Vazachal, you may need a half day.
- Close to entrance, restaurants and coffee shops are available.
2) Charpa Waterfalls:
About Charpa falls:
- Charpa waterfall is located 3 km from Athirapally waterfalls towards Vazachal on the way to Sholayar Dam. This is a small fall, still best to see during monsoon and no entry ticket is required to visit.
- During monsoon, when the fall is full-blown, even you cannot stand on the bridge or chances of wetting. There will not be any water or dry during summertime.
3) Vazhachal falls:
About Vazhachal falls:
- Located 5 kms from Athirapally towards the Sholayar Dam route.
- This is a different kind of waterfall which is laid back and gently cascading on the rocks which is not that much of slop.
- With the backdrop of the lush green forest, the scenic beauty is very good and a good place for a memorable photo.
- You can go very close to the fall until the fencing and watch closely the milky water.
- This is one of the best places to relax and enjoy as there is a park and coffee shop is also available.
- The entry ticket purchased at Athirapally waterfall is valid here also, therefore, we should keep this with you.
Travel Tips to Visit Vazhachal Falls:
- Located on the right side of the Athirappilly – sholayar route.
- The entry fee paid at Athirappilly waterfall is valid here also.
- During summer, there may not be any water and not worth a visit.
- Best time to visit from Jun to Sep.
- A small park is attached to this where you can sit and watch. A small cafeteria is also available.
- Better to carry an umbrella during monsoon time.
Athirapally Sightseeing Travel Tips:
Athirappilly is having two water theme parks called the Dream Land and Silver Storm. If you are interested in these water theme parks and a bath in the river, you can do this today afternoon and tomorrow you can visit the Athirappilly and nearby waterfalls.
Note: Overnight stay in the Athirappilly hotel.
Day 2: Athirappilly
Today is the last day of your tour. You can enjoy the river and even go for an open bath. We have not planned any sightseeing today. Check out at 12:00 hours from the hotel and start moving to Kochi or to your departure destination. In case you have time, Thumboormuzhi is on the way and you can visit this hanging bridge.
1) Thumboormuzhi Dam and Garden:
About Thumboormuzhi dam-
- Thumboormuzhi dam and garden are part of the Ezattumugham Prakrithi Gramam project.
- It includes a hanging bridge, which is the main attraction. when you walk on this bridge, you can see Chalakudi river flows under your feet, view from the middle of the river, and one of the best places for photography.
- The other attractions of this place are a butterfly garden, kids play area, a watchtower to see the river.
- This place is located before Athirapally waterfalls from Kochi to the Athirapally route.
- This is one of the best places for photography and family outing.
Travel Tips to Visit Thumboormuzhi-
- Entry fee of Rs 40 per adult and Children Rs 10.
- Parking available inside the park.
- Visit this before or after the Athirapally visit. Park and butterfly garden close at 16:30 hours.
Your trip is ending in a few hours. We will drop you at the appropriate place as per the program. Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- In case you reach early morning before 6 am, it is advisable to have a Non-ac fresh up room for an hr or two for which charges will be charged extra.
- If your arrival is in the afternoon or evening, its advisable to stay at Kochi and start your trip the next day morning. We can help you to book a discounted hotel.
- It’s possible to customize the package according to your choice with regard to the itinerary, hotels, etc..
- We have mentioned different sightseeing options. In case you are not interested in visiting any particular sightseeing point or temple, we can modify this itinerary to suit your requirement.
- In case you want to add any other sightseeing places or destinations or temples, we can do the same for you. Please contact us.
- In case if you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service.
- This program is inclusive of a private houseboat.
- This is a private trip for the booking guest and not shared with any other guest.
- Athirappilly – your check out should be at 12:00 hours. In case of delayed checkout, hotels will charge for retention which needs to pay directly at the hotel.
Things to Buy in this Trip:
Kerala is a consumer state and we do not recommend shopping clothing, electronics items. Below some of the unique items, you can buy from here.
- Visit echo shop called “Vanasree” just in front of the entry gate of Athirapilly waterfall. You can buy some unique products from the forest especially the honey. There are many more items and this is the best shopping when you are in Athirappilly.
- Kerala Saree – this is famous here and you can buy from any textile shop.
- All types of species – you can go to a spice market at Athirappilly to buy this.
- Handicrafts/souvenir/ artifacts – you can buy these from Athirappilly
Cost for Given Packages:
|Athirappilly 1 night||Bethania Resorts||Green Trees|
|Cost for 2 adults 1 room with sedan ac car||Rs 6800||Rs 8700|
|Cost for 4 adults/ 2 rooms with AC Tavera or Ertica car||Rs 9400||Rs 14300|
|Child Charges Up to 5 years free 5-10 years without bed||Rs 500||Rs 500|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 750||Rs 1000|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast(Only 1 B/F).
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- The driver is only available as per the program given above.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fee, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.
- Check out from the hotel is at 12 pm. Extension of check out is at hotel discretion and in case it's not available, you can keep your luggage at hotel safe custody and roam around Munnar city till your departure.