Overview of 4 Nights 5 Days Kerala Tour Package:
One of the best monsoon packages – we can narrate this package simply like this. In Kerala, during monsoon all waterfalls extremely good, as well as a journey in a thrilling rain, is a must experience in Kerala Backwaters. During this trip, you will visit the biggest waterfall in Kerala – Athirappilly and around 4 other small waterfalls in Munnar, the second-most attraction is visiting Kerala backwaters in a houseboat. All these make a memorable experience. Other details about 4 nights 5 days Kerala package like destination, daily schedule, or itinerary price of the package, etc are all given below:
Munnar is one of the best hill stations in Kerala which tourists cannot avoid visiting. It stood first in the domestic tourism due to its greenery, tea plantations, waterfalls, viewpoints, cool-climate – the combination of these entries make Munnar a No 1 destination. Know more about Munnar.
Alleppey is a beautiful tourist place in Kerala. It is popular for its houseboat stay and backwaters view. Get more details about Alleppey backwaters.
Fort Kochi is a sightseeing place located in Kochi city. This is the perfect place for a half-day sightseeing trip. The main attractions of this place are colonial heritage buildings, the Dutch palace, Jewish synagogue, Chinese fishing nets, etc.
Athirappilly is located in Chalakudi taluka of Kerala state. This place is famous for the biggest waterfalls of Kerala – Athirappilly waterfalls. Apart from these waterfalls, this place is famous for the Sholayar forest, Chalakudy river, and a couple of water theme parks for a family outing. These are the things that make Athirappilly a must-visit tourist destination.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival and Departure by Flight-
Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival and departure destination for those who are coming by Flight.
2) Arrival Train/Bus-
- The best suitable railway station/bus stand is Aluva. It is easy to go to Munnar than from Ernakulam railway station.
- You can also come to Ernakulam Railway station (ERS or ERN) but in that case, you need to come out of the city which takes considerable time.
- You can also come directly to Munnar by bus.
3) Departure by Train/Bus-
- The best suitable railway station is Chalakudi. You can also go back to the Aluva railway station.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Earliest and best arrival time are prior to 09:00 hours. Since our cab service is available from 06:00 hours onwards, you can reach Kochi earlier also.
- In case you are reaching early morning, we need to arrange a fresh up room which costs you extra.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- You can depart from Kochi airport any time after 4 pm.
3 Highlights of 4 Nights 5 Days Kerala Package:
- Well experienced, English/Hindi knowing, well-behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- Entry to one shows each of Kathakali (Kerala Art form) and Kalaripayattu (Kerala Martial art) in Munnar.
- Private houseboat and not sharing.
Day 1: Kochi to Munnar
Arrival at Kochi, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Munnar. It takes approximately 3.5 hrs to cover 148 km. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non-veg restaurants. These restaurants provide additional services like free restrooms.
On the way, you can see below waterfalls. You can spend some time there and then proceed to Munnar.
1) Cheeyappara Waterfalls:
This is located on the Kochi – Munnar highway on the left side of the road. This is a good place to have photos, but no bathing is allowed as rocks used to slippery. There is no entry fee or parking fee that needs to be given. There are couples of small shops selling local food items. 15-20 mins halt is recommended.
2) Valara Waterfalls:
After Cheeyappara you can see another waterfall on the right side. You cannot see this nearby. We do not recommend even a photo stop as this is not so important waterfalls.
After the sightseeing, you can proceed directly to your hotel. If you do not want to go direct to Munnar hotel and need some sightseeing or activities, we recommend Dreamland Fun Park. Since its a little bit far off, we suggest you go this fist and then to Hotel for check-in. You can also see Kerala martial art (Kalaripayattu) and art form (Kathakali) today evening since there is enough time.
1) Dreamland Fun & Adventure Park:
This is located 16 km away from Munnar a place called Anachal. This park is suitable for all the tourists especially honeymoon couples and family and kids. They have may activities for kids and adults separately. Kids will surely enjoy Trampoline and trampoline bungee jump and pedal boating. There are many activities for adults are available like horse riding, camel ride, hunting game, free fall, Burma bridge, hanging bridge, commando net, and many more. All these are with complete security in international standards. Entry fee starting from Rs 1000 and you can also choose different packages which cost you more. It takes a minimum of 2 hrs to complete the activities.
Dreamland visiting tips-
- Check their web site and see the activities. In case you are not interested, intimate the same in advance to the driver. This will save you time money.
- Ensure you should have good shoes in case you are going for any activities.
- Better to avoid during monsoon from Jun to mid of Aug.
- Restaurant available inside the dreamland.
- In case your arrival is midday or afternoon, you need to skip visiting this place as there is no time left.
2) About Kathakali and Kalaripayattu:
Image Showing Kathakali Artform
Kathakali is a famous art form and Kalaripayattu is a martial art of Kerala In most of the tourist destinations in Kerala, this kind of stage performance in an auditorium is conducted. There are two performance centers in Munnar. Punarjani which is located a little bit outside is the best one.
Image Showing Kalaripayattu Martial Art
Both these performances are of an hour each which started at 17:00 hrs and ending at 19:00 hrs. The entry fee is Rs 300 per person for each show.
Note: Check-in Hotel and overnight in a stay at Munnar.
Day 2: Munnar
Munnar One Day Trip:
Today we have planned a full day sightseeing of Munnar. Since there is just one day for the whole sightseeing, we suggest you keep the timing. B/F at the hotel and start the latest by 09:00 hrs. First half day we plan to cover all the sightseeing from Munnar town to Top station which includes Rose garden, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Kundala Lake, and Top Station. But we will be doing this on the reverse order as visiting Top Station or Kundala Dam is best during early or morning hrs. It takes approximately 50 mins to reach the top station from Munnar town.
1) Top Station – View Point of Munnar:
About Top Station of Munnar-
- Located at 6410 ft MSL, Top Station is the second-highest elevated place in the whole Munnar.
- It takes approximately 45 mins to cover 18kms from Munnar town.
- The interesting story of Top Station is that the British built a railway line running from Chaya Bazar (near present Munnar town) to Drop Station (present Top Station).
- The train used to carry the tea leaves collected in the whole Munnar to Drop Station and from there by a cable car to down below the processing center.
- You can see the remains of this cable car at Top Station even now.
- Visiting top station, you will get the best experience with regard to the view of mountains towards Kulukkumali, fog, mist, and chilled climate Interestingly, the top station is not in Kerala but located in Tamil Nadu.
- We need to cross 1 km into Tamil Nadu state to reach this place.
Travel Tips to Visit Top Station-
- It opens at 06:00 hrs and closes at 17:00 hrs.
- An entry fee of Rs 25 for adults, Children Rs 15 and Rs 10 for foreigners will be charged.
- Those who have knee problems, heart diseases, breathing problems, and kids below 6 yrs should avoid this place as it involves too much walking by steps.
- We should have good shoes.
- The best time to visit is early morning or before 10 am.
- Should be avoided during monsoon ie from Jun to mid of Aug.
- If you are planning to visit Kolukkumali, Top station visits can be avoided.
- Handicapped persons, pregnant ladies, and wheel chairpersons cannot access this place.
2) Kundala Dam – Beautiful Dam in Munnar:
About Kundala Dam Lake-
- Kundala Dam was constructed for Pallivasal Hydro Electric Project in 1946 and considered to be Asia’s No 1 arch dam.
- This place is located between Top Station and Munnar town, therefore, it is easy for visiting.
- Considered as one of the best scenic spots for photography, you can also have activities like a pedal boat, speed boat, or shikhara kind of trip available in the lake.
Travel Tips to Visit Kundala Dam-
- Irrespective of any restrictions, tourists from all walks of life can access this place.
- Entry to this place is free. In case you want to have some activities like boating in lake, horse riding, etc, all these are available here which is chargeable.
- If you are doing any boating activity in any other lake in Munnar, this can be avoided.
- It takes hardly 15-20 mins here to experience, in case you do not need any other activities.
3) Echo Point – Best Place for Photography in Munnar:
This is nothing much important about this place. If you make a loud noise, your voice will return to you as you have a big hill just opposite of you after the lake. But more than that, this is one of the best places to have a photo of the lake close by. Entry to this place is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 20 per person.
4) Visit Tea Plantations in Munnar:
About Top Station-
On the way to Top station or while coming back to the city, you can see very scenic tea plantations. In case you want to visit, see or want to have photos, you can do this. There is no entry fee or charges need to pay. You should know that the whole Munnar is tea plantations and you can get good photos not necessarily from one particular place, but anywhere in Munnar.
5) Mattupetty Dam – One of the Best Tourist Spots in Munnar:
All You Need to Know About Mattupetty Dam-
- Mattupetty dam is located 13 km away from Munnar city towards Top station and it takes 20 mins to drive by road.
- Mattupetty can be narrated like a confluence of mountain, lake, and greenery.
- You will get the best photos and some breathtaking moments of your holiday.
- Unlike Kundala, Mattupetty made elaborate arrangements for tourist comfort. It has a washroom, tourist facilitation center where coffee shop, snack bar, cowboy park, children park with swing, speed boat in the lake, etc available.
- The best experience of Mattupetty is first to go to the boating center or tourist facilitation center, if interested do the boating and come to the dam and take some of the best photos.
Travel Tips to Visit Mattupetty Dam-
- Try to walk from Kundala to Mattupetty dam and you can see tallest blue gum trees, in case you have time.
- You can skip in case you are coming from a place where there are lots of lakes and mountains.
- This place is accessible for all irrespective of handicapped or wheelchaired.
- Very good place for family with kids outing.
- This place is best for a small shopping for handicrafts and souvenirs.
- There are no restaurants available but hot noodles and local snacks are available. During holidays, weekends, and tourist season, this place is jam-packed. You may need to wait up to an hr to get boating tickets or Parking car.
- Take beautiful photos of the Mattupetty dam. After the boating travel to the dam, come out of the car from one end of the dam and walk to other ends. You can take good photos from the middle as vehicles are not allowed to park on the dam.
6) Rose Garden:
About Rose Garden in Munnar-
- This is a kind of botanical garden maintained by the KTDC Floriculture Centre.
- Not only Roses but different varieties of flowers are available and a good place to have memorable photos.
- This garden is located 5 km away on the top station roadside and entry is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 50 per person.
Travel Tips to Visit Rose Garden-
- Since there are steps, handicapped or wheelchaired persons advised not to visit this place.
- A washroom facility is available for the public.
- You can buy favorite plants from the rose garden.
We expect this is over by 13:00 hrs and an hour lunch break is available. There are many vegs or non-veg restaurants available in Munnar city. Post lunch we are organizing a trip to Rajamali in Eravikulam National Park.
7) Eravikulam National Park – Sanctuary of Niligiri Tahr in Munnar:
About Eravikulam National Park-
- Eravikulam national park having an area of 97 sq km is the first national park in Kerala.
- The Park protects endemic and endangered Nilgiri Tahr, a rare species of mountain goat, and its habitat.
- The park has the largest stretch of undisturbed shoal-grassland ecosystems in the western ghats.
- Anamudi which is 2695 meters in height is the highest peak south of Himalayas is located within this park.
- Before becoming a National Park, the area is the hunting reserve of the colonial tea planters.
- It takes approximately 30 mins drive to the entry point.
- On reaching the entry point, you need to show the online booking details or you can buy the tickets from this counter itself.
- From the ticket counter till the entry gate of Eravikulam, it’s almost 20 mins in a minibus which is being provided by the park.
- On reaching the entry points, you need to walk steep pathways for almost 40 mins to see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi Peak.
- This is also a good place to have good mountain photographs.
Travel Tips to Visit Eravikulam National Park-
- Book your tickets online.
- Entry ticket is Rs 125 for domestic tourists and Rs 400 for foreigners.
- Best time to visit in the early morning or afternoon.
- No food or water bottles allowed.
- The washroom is available for both gents and ladies.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Cafeteria and snack bar available at the waiting place.
- To see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi peak, you need to hike approximately 40 mins. Those who have breathing problems should avoid this.
- Carry raincoat in rainy seasons. Umbrella is a must for all seasons.
- This park is closed during Feb and Mar for breeding and calving every year.
By the time you visit this park, it may be afternoon. You can come to Munnar town for small shopping. Departure for your hotel and check-in.
Travel Tips to Visit Munnar:
- On the way from Kochi to Munnar, we have included Valera and Cheeyappara waterfalls. Since these falls depend on raining water, these falls may be dry during summertime or if there is no rain.
- Dreamland – visit only if you are interested. If you already had been too good amusement parks, you can skip this.
- In case you are skipping Dreamland, you can go to Munnar city for a visit.
- We recommend you to visit the art center on Day 1 as you may not get time for the second day.
- During the tourist season, weekend and holidays, there will be a huge rush due to local guests. Sometimes this leads to a terrific traffic block and may trap for a couple of hrs. Therefore, ensure that you keep the timing mentioned in this program.
- The above program is not possible in case your hotel is too far off of Munnar like Adimali, Chinnakanal, Eeticity, Anachal, Kunjithanni, But SreesTours select and provide hotels which are located within Munnar only. Please go here to know where to stay in Munnar.
- If your trip is during Feb or Mar when the Eravikulam park is closed, you can visit a tea factory, Lockhart gap viewpoint, etc.
- All these programs may disrupt in case there is heavy rain. Visiting Top station or Eravikulam, during heavy monsoon is not possible.
- Apart from Hotels, there is a variety of other stay options available like Tree House, private pool villa, jacuzzi, and bathtub rooms, honeymoon cottage, resorts with a view to the tea plantation, tent, and camp stay.
- Apart from the standard sightseeing program mentioned above, you can also experience attractions or activities in Munnar. We recommend staying more days to experience all these.
- Sunrise at Top station.
- Off-road Jeep safari.
- Guided soft hiking of 2 hrs or hard hiking of 4 hrs and visit beautiful mountains, grasslands, and tea plantation.
- Guided hiking and camping in Swiss tents
11. This is the best place to buy Tea and coffee at a reasonable price.
12. You can choose a variety of accommodation options in Munnar like Tree House, Private pool Villa, Camp stay, stay in the forest, etc. If you are interested, mention this in advance so that we can include this in the package.
13. Munnar is a hikers paradise. There are many hiking options available. If you like to have hiking included, please mention this in advance.
14. Munnar does not provide any adventure activities like bungee jump, paragliding, etc.
Day 3. Munnar to Alleppey Houseboat
Today you are going to experience stay in a Houseboat. It may take approx 5 hours to drive by road to cover around 200 km. We always recommend starting sharp at 07:30 hours so that you can comfortably reach houseboat by 12:30 hours. On the way from Munnar to Houseboat, there is nothing much to explore except a couple of viewpoints. Arrival and check-in the houseboat.
Alleppey Houseboat Trip for 1 Night:
The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit the best canals in and around Alleppey. Boarding Jetty in Alleppey Jetty.
Boarding Houseboat from Alleppey Jetty at 13:00 hours.
Check-in Houseboat at 13:00 hours and houseboat makes a trip through the best canals in Alleppey. From 12:00 hours to 17:30 hours, the houseboat makes a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Punnamada Kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the smallest canal on this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150 ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal
13:30 hours Lunch at Meenappalli Kayal – a small lake in the middle of Alleppey backwaters.
14:00 hours – Post lunch trip starts till 18:00 hours. Houseboat makes a trip through some of the beautiful villages in Alleppey. These are Kainakari Village and Kuttithod and boat reach a place called Kuttamangalam. Houseboat starts moving towards its final location for a halt. The boat halts between 18:00 hours. Overnight stay.
Evening Options and Activities in Houseboat:
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing road and you will surely get small fishes).
- The houseboat is having a tv and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own to make your stay more comfortable.
Important Points to Know About Houseboat Trip:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- The houseboat menu is inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have the option of visiting a local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boatman will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where the houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- This program is possible only if the guest check-in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 3 rooms and the top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hours and at 22:00 hours the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check-in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 hours.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie checks out at 7 am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check-in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9 am the next day is not possible since the boat is having another check-in at 12 pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check-in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending the trip till 6 pm and the next day till 09:45-10:00 hours in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting-place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Requests like a sunset cruise, park houseboat to view the sunset, night halt in the middle of the lake or river, change location, etc will not be entertained.
Day 4: Alleppey Houseboat to Fort Kochi to Athirappilly
If the sky is clear, have a bed tea and you can enjoy a perfect sunrise from your houseboat. Since the houseboat is starting at 08:00 hrs, we recommend a light walk around the place if you are interested. The morning houseboat trip starts at 08:00 hrs and it makes a trip till check out at 09:00 hrs. During this one hr trip, it covers part of the biggest Vembanad lake. Before your houseboat trip ends at 9 am they will provide authentic Kerala B/F. Check out from the houseboat tour ends.
Sightseeing Trip at Kochi:
Today you will be proceeding to Athirappilly. We have planned Fort Kochi sightseeing and visit Lulu Shopping mall before proceeding to Athirappilly. The expected arrival time at Athirappilly is around 19:00 hrs evening. Sightseeing options available at Fort Kochi are below.
1) Fort Kochi:
- Fort Kochi is a fishing village that becomes the first European township in India. The town shaped by Portuguese, the Dutch, and later the British.
2) Jewish Synagogue:
- Constructed 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in the commonwealth. It is noted for its mid-18th century, hand-painted, willow-patterned floor tiles from Canton in China, a clock tower, Hebrew inscriptions on stone slabs, old scrolls of the Old Testament, etc.
3) Dutch Palace:
- Built by Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja of Kochi, the palace was renovated by the Dutch in 1663.
4) Vasco da Gama Square / Chinese fishing nets:
- The huge cantilevered fishing nets are the legacy of one of the first visitors to the Malabar Coast. Erected here between 1350 – 1450 AD by traders from the court of Kabul Khan. The best place to watch the nets being lowered into the sea and the catch being brought in is the Vasco da Gama Square
5) Kodar House:
- Constructed by Cochin Electric company in 1808 example of indo-European architecture.
6) Chinese Fishing nets:
- This shows the Chinese presence in Fort Kochi dates back.
- Other attractions are Bolgaty palace, Pierce Leslie Bungalow, Santa Cruz Basilica, etc are located in the same area.
After Fort Kochi sightseeing, you can go straightway to Kochi airport, which is approximately 45 mins drive in normal traffic. It may take up to 1.5 hrs during heavy traffic time.
Travel Tips to Know for Visit Kochi Tourist Places:
- All the tourist entry points except Fort Kochi Beach will be closed down at 5 pm.
- Jewish synagogue will be closed on Fridays. But they now start opening after 2 pm on Fridays.
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday and Saturdays.
- In case your flight is at 15:00 hrs or before, this sightseeing is not possible.
Shopping at Kochi and visit Lulu mall. Departure for Athirappilly by 17:00 hours. It takes approximately 1.5 hours to reach the beach. Check-in Hotel and leisure at the resort.
Day 5: Athirappilly
Today is your last day of the trip. We have planned half-day sightseeing in Athirappilly from 08:30 hours onwards. Below are the Athirappilly sightseeing included in the trip.
1) Athirapally falls-Biggest Waterfalls in Kerala:
Athirapally waterfalls – commonly called as Niagara of Kerala is one of the beautiful places where you can see the biggest waterfall called Athirapally waterfalls. There are two more waterfalls called Charpa and Vazachal is also close by. Go here for more details about Athirappilly waterfalls.
Athirapally waterfalls important travel tips-
- Open at 08:00 hours and entry close at 16:30 hours. The entry fee is Rs 40 per adult, Rs 10 for Children, and 150 for foreigners.
- Best time and season to visit. The best season to visit is after monsoon ie from Aug to Feb and the best time to visit is till 11 am or after 15:0o hrs.
- You can see the waterfall from two different places. One is from the top and the other is bottom.
- Since the pathway to the bottom is too steep, climbing back for persons with heart disease, breathing problems and handicapped may face difficulty.
- Bathing in the river is possible in selected places. So keep your changing clothes with you before entering.
- Plastic bottles or water bottles are allowed to carry subject to a security deposit. You will lose the security deposit in case these are not taken back.
- Eateries are not allowed inside the forest.
- A wheelchair is accessible at the top of the falls.
- The total time to visit the top of the falls is a minimum of 1 hour and the bottom is 1.5 hours. In case you visit Athirapally falls along with Charpa and Vazachal, you may need a half day.
- Close to entrance, restaurants and coffee shops are available.
2) Charpa Waterfalls- Beautiful waterfall of Thrissur:
Charpa waterfall is located 3kms from Athirapally waterfalls towards Vazachal on the way to Sholayar Dam. This is relatively a small fall, but best to see during monsoon. This is located left side of the road and there is no entry ticket required. During monsoon, when the fall is full-blown, even you cannot stand on the bridge or chances of wetting. There will not be any water or dry during summertime.
3) Vazachal Water Falls –
Vazachal waterfalls is located 5 kms from Athirapally towards the Sholayar Dam route. This is a different kind of waterfall which is laid back and gently cascading on the rocks which is not that much of slop. With the backdrop of the lush green forest, the scenic beauty is very good and a good place for a memorable photo. You can go very close to the fall until the fencing and watch closely the milky water. This is one of the best places to relax and enjoy as there are a park and coffee shop that is also available. The entry ticket purchased at Athirapally waterfall is valid here also, therefore, we should keep this with you.
Vazachal Travel Tips-
- Located on the right side of the Athirappilly – sholayar route.
- The entry fee paid at Athirappilly waterfall is valid here also.
- During summer, there may not be any water and not worth a visit.
- Best time to visit from Jun to Sep.
- A small park is attached to this where you can sit and watch. A small cafeteria is also available.
- Better to carry an umbrella during monsoon time.
Check out at 12:00 hours from the hotel and start moving to Cherai beach. In case you have time, Thumboormuzhi is on the way and you can visit this hanging bridge.
4) Thumboormuzhi Dam and Garden – Famous Tourist Spot of Thrissur:
Thumboormuzhi dam and garden are part of the Ezattumugham Prakrithi Gramam project. The project includes a hanging bridge, which is the main attraction, a butterfly garden, kids play area, a watchtower to see the river, etc are the main attraction of this place. Hanging bridge is the main attraction as when you walk on this bridge, you can see Chalakudi river flows under your feet, view from the middle of the river, and one of the best places for photography. The butterfly park is another attraction. This place is located before Athirapally waterfalls from Kochi to the Athirapally route. This is one of the best places for photography and family outing.
Thumboormuzhi Travel Tips-
- Entry fee of Rs 40 per adult and Children Rs 10.
- Parking available inside the park.
- Visit this before or after the Athirapally visit. Park and butterfly garden close at 16:30 hours.
Proceed to Kochi airport or Chalakudi or Aluva railway station. Drop at departure place and tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you are coming by an early morning train or bus, You need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up for 1hr without B/F will be provided. In case it’s being used for more than 1 hour, extra charges will be applicable.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- In case you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service. You can also reach Munnar directly by the Volvo bus.
- Minimum 2 nights stay at Munnar required to have a relaxing trip and to see most of the places. If you are staying only 1 night, then you just get a half-day to enjoy the place.
- You can also start this package on a reverse order without any increase in the prices.
- Based on this itinerary, you can customize as per your choice this package with regards to the hotel, sightseeing place, destinations, etc.
- This is a private trip and NOT shared with any other group.
- In case you do not want to stay in Houseboat and want to have a day trip, the same can be accommodated with a revised price.
- This waterfall was closed for a week due to the overflowing of the Chalakudi river. Therefore, it’s advisable not to visit this place during floods in Kerala.
Things you can buy during this Trip:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below:
- Visit echo shop called “Vanasree” just in front of the entry gate of Athirapilly waterfall. You can buy some unique products from the forest especially the honey. There are many more items and this is the best shopping when you are in Athirappilly.
- All types of spices, Kerala traditional saree, Banana chips, handicraft items, souvenirs, and ayurvedic products are the best shopping options in Kerala. These are available at Alleppey or Kochi.
Few tips on how to reduce the package cost:
Below are the few tips as to how you can reduce this package price.
- Travel as a group. Try to travel as a group like two couples or three couples; this will reduce the price considerably.
- Reduce the taxi costs. As per the above program, your approximate taxi charges will be Rs 7100 considering your arrival at Kochi airport. You can reduce the taxi charges by traveling on public buses. But due to the non-availability of proper buses, we do not recommend traveling on a public bus and recommend having a private taxi for this trip.
- Use similar hotels. Srees Tours choose hotels in a good location. When this is changed, the price will reduce.
- At present private houseboat is included. Choose a sharing houseboat to reduce the cost. Please go here to know problems in sharing a houseboat.
- Instead of Houseboat in Alleppey, stay in a resort, and choose a shikara or country boat for a backwater trip.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury|
|Munnar 2 nights||Glenmore Or Bell Mount||Hotel C 7||Aranyaka Resort||Tea County Or Tall Trees OR Tea Country|
|Private Houseboat 1 night||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Premium AC||1 bed room private Premium AC||1 bed room private Luxury full time AC|
|Athirappilly 1 night||Bethania Resort||Athirappilly river side resort Or Hydel Palace||Green Tree resort||Casa Rio Resort|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room with sedan AC Car||Rs 26800||Rs 30700||Rs 34800||Rs 49800|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms with AC Tavera or Maruti ertica mini suv.||Rs 40600||Rs 47600||Rs 63800||Rs 82500|
|Child Charges Between 6-10yrs without bed||Rs 2500||Rs 2500||Rs 3000||Rs 4000|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 3750||Rs 3750||Rs 5000||Rs 8700|
Tour Cost Includes:
- Non-ac Fresh up room without B/F for 1hr for those who are coming the early morning after 6 am.
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast (except at Munnar and Thekkedy).
- Private houseboat with lunch, dinner, and B/F included.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- The driver is available from Morning 7 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- All the applicable taxes.
- Cruise time from 12:00 hours to 17:30 hours with a 1-hour lunch break. Next day trip from 08:00 hours to 09:00 hours.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea and snacks, Dinner, and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- The menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time: Deluxe and premium: 21:00 hours to 07:00 hours.
- Luxury: 24 hours AC
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport, Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.