Overview of 1 Night 2 Days Athirapally to Alleppey Tour Package:
Visit the best two experiences in Kerala – Alleppey backwater and Athirappilly waterfalls. In this short weekend trip, the package covers the biggest waterfall in Kerala and Alleppey’s backwater experience by a private shikkara trip. Though this package involves a little bit more road travel, this is one of the best packages during monsoon in Kerala when the waterfall is in full swing. More details about Athirapally to Alleppey tour package itinerary, costing, etc are given below.
Alleppey Backwaters with Shikara Boat Trip:
The second-best destination to experience while touring in Kerala is Alleppey backwaters. In this program, we are covering a couple of good narrow canals by shikara trip. During the shikara trip, we cover the best narrow canals of Alleppey called SNDP Thod, Panakkalthod, Muttethod, Meenappalli Kayal, Irumbanam canal, vilakkumaram and back to Alleppey Jetty. Get detailed information about Alleppey backwaters.
Alleppey is one of the famous tourist destinations of Kerala. Natural wonder of this place attracts number of tourists throughout the year. Alleppey waterfall is the main attraction of this place. Visit and Experience the biggest waterfall in Kerala in a majestic way.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival By Train /Bus-
The most suitable arrival place is the Chalakudi railway station or Bus stand which is just 25 mins drive to your first sightseeing place. You can also come to Aluva or Ernakulam railway station.
2) Arrival & Dep by Flight-
The suitable airport for this tour program is Kochi (Cochin) Airport.
3) Departure by Train/ Bus:
Most suitable is the Alleppey railway station or Bus stand. Its just 15 mins drive from your last activity place. You can also depart from Ernakulam railway station.
Arrival and Departure time:
- In the case of Kochi airport or Chalakudi railway station or bus stand, you can come any time before 9 am.
- In the case of the Alleppey bus stand or railway station, you can return any time after 15:00 hours.
- In the case of Ernakulam railway station, your departure can be any time after 16:00 hours.
- In the case of Kochi airport, your flight departure should be any time after 17:00 hours.
Day 1: Athirappilly
Your arrival at Kochi airport or any railway station mentioned above. On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Athirappilly. We will provide a free Non ac fresh up room for an hour without BF. This fresh up room either will be near to the railway station or near to Athirappilly. Proceed direct to Athirappilly and we have planned half-day below sightseeing in Athirappilly.
1) Athirapally falls – Biggest waterfall in Kerala:
About Athiapally falls-
- Athirapally waterfalls – commonly called as Niagara of Kerala is one of the beautiful places where you can see the biggest waterfall in Kerala.
- There are two more waterfalls called Chapra and Vazachal is also close by. Go here for more details about Athirappilly waterfalls.
Athirapally waterfalls important travel tips:
- Open at 08:00 hours and entry close at 16:30 hours. The entry fee is Rs 40 per adult, Rs 10 for Children, and 150 for foreigners.
- Best time and season to visit. The best season to visit is after monsoon ie from Aug to Feb and the best time to visit is till 11 am or after 15:00 hours.
- You can see the waterfall from two different places. One is from the top and the other is bottom.
- Since the pathway to the bottom is too steep, climbing back for persons with heart disease, breathing problems and handicapped may face difficulty.
- Bathing in the river is possible in selected places. So keep your changing clothes with you before entering.
- Plastic bottles or water bottles are allowed to carry subject to a security deposit. You will lose the security deposit in case these are not taken back.
- Eateries are not allowed inside the forest.
- A wheelchair is accessible at the top of the falls.
- The total time to visit the top of the falls is a minimum of 1 hour and the bottom is 1.5 hours. In case you visit Athirapally falls along with Charpa and Vazachal, you may need a half day.
- Close to entrance, restaurants and coffee shops are available.
2) Charpa Waterfalls:
About Charpa falls:
- Charpa waterfall is located 3 kms from Athirapally waterfalls towards Vazachal on the way to Sholayar Dam. This is relatively a small fall, but best to see during monsoon.
- This is located left side of the road and there is no entry ticket required. During monsoon, when the fall is full-blown, even you cannot stand on the bridge or chances of wetting. There will not be any water or dry during summertime.
3) Vazhachal Falls:
About Vazhachal falls-
- located 5 kms from Athirapally
- This is a different kind of waterfall which is laid back and gently cascading on the rocks which is not that much of slop.
- With the backdrop of the lush green forest, the scenic beauty is very good and a good place for a memorable photo. You can go very close to the fall until the fencing and watch closely the milky water.
- This is one of the best places to relax and enjoy as there are a park and coffee shop that is also available.
- The entry ticket purchased at Athirapally waterfall is valid here also, therefore, we should keep this with you.
Travel Tips to Visit Vazhachal–
- Located on the right side of the Athirappilly – sholayar route.
- The entry fee paid at Athirappilly waterfall is valid here also.
- During summer, there may not be any water and not worth a visit.
- Best time to visit from Jun to Sep.
- A small park is attached to this where you can sit and watch. A small cafeteria is also available.
- Better to carry an umbrella during monsoon time.
4) Thumboormuzhi Dam and Garden:
- Thumboormuzhi dam and garden are part of the Ezattumugham Prakrithi Gramam project.
- The project includes a hanging bridge, a butterfly garden, kids play area, a watchtower to see the river, etc are the main attraction of this place.
- Hanging bridge is the main attraction as when you walk on this bridge, you can see Chalakudi river flows under your feet, view from the middle of the river.
- The butterfly park is another attraction.
- This place is located before Athirapally waterfalls from Kochi to the Athirapally route. This is one of the best places for photography and family outing.
Travel Tips to Visit Thumboormuzhi –
- Entry fee of Rs 40 per adult and Children Rs 10.
- Parking available inside the park.
- Visit this before or after the Athirapally visit. Park and butterfly garden close at 16:30 hours.
After Thumboormuzhi sightseeing, start moving to Kochi city. It takes 1.5 hours drive and overnight stays in Kochi.
Day 2: Kochi to Alleppey
After B/F check out from the hotel at 09:00 hours and proceed to Alleppey. It takes approximately 1.5 hours by road to reach Alleppey. You will be provided a private shikkara boat to visit the most beautiful narrow canals in Alleppey. Check-in Shikkara from Alleppey jetty.
Experience Alleppey Backwaters by Private Shikara Trip (3 hours):
Your boarding is at Alleppey jetty at 11:00 hours. During the 3 hours shikara trip, you will be visiting below the best small and big canals in Alleppey backwaters.
- Punnamada lake. This is the lake where the annual snake boat regatta is being conducted every year.
- SNDP Canal. You can see local villages, temples, etc while making a trip through this canal.
- Panakkal Thod and Muttethod. A very narrow canal where you can see the local villages, paddy fields, etc.
- Meenappally Kayal – a small lake in the middle of the beautiful Kainakari village. A good place for photography.
- Irumbanam Thod – Another narrow canal where you can see lots of local villages, paddy fields, etc.
- Vilakkumaram – This is an icon of old age time. This is the place where Maharaja of wresting while of Travancore kingdom established a Vilakkumaram (this is a word in Malayalam and the meaning is – “light on the tree” which gives direction for the boat which carries material in the night).
- Your shikara trip ends approximately at 14:00 hours. You can have your lunch at Alleppey city. Since your trip ends shortly, we will drop you at Alleppey railway station or Bus stand or proceed to Ernakulam railway station or Kochi airport.
In case you are going back from Alleppey and your train or bus is after 17:00 hours, you have an option to see below sightseeing in Alleppey without any extra cost.
1) Alleppey Light House:
Alleppey lighthouse and museum are worth a short visit. The lighthouse is having 105 steep steps to reach the top. The view of the Arabian sea from the lighthouse is very good. Good place for photography. Close at 17:00 hours.
2) Alleppey Beach:
One of the best beaches in Kerala to spend an evening. Good place for a stroll in the evening. After sunset, you can return back to the hotel.
3) Vijaya Park:
If you are with family and kids, this place is more attractive and the park is located north end of the beach.
Note: Drop at appropriate place and Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips for this Tour:
- If you are coming by an early morning train or bus, you need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up for 1hr without B/F will be provided. In case it’s being used for more than 1 hour, extra charges will be applicable.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- This itinerary can be customized according to your choice of hotels.
- If you want to experience a good waterfall, the best time to visit is from Jun to Sep.
- This waterfall was closed for a week due to the overflowing of the Chalakudi river. Therefore, it’s advisable not to visit this place during floods in Kerala.
- Instead of Kochi, you can also stay in Alleppey. But as per this program, Kochi is the most suitable place for an overnight stay.
- In Alleppey, instead of a shikara, you can also opt for a houseboat day trip with cost extra.
- You do not necessarily need to stay overnight in Athirappilly to experience this. But you can include this in your Kerala trip as a sightseeing option.
Shopping during this Trip:
- Visit echo shop called “Vanasree” just in front of the entry gate of Athirapilly waterfall. You can buy some unique products from the forest especially the honey. There are many more items and this is the best shopping when you are in Athirappilly.
- All types of spices, Kerala traditional saree, handicraft items, etc are available in Kochi and Alleppey.
How to reduce the package cost?
Below are the few tips as to how you can reduce this package price.
- Travel as a group. Try to travel as a group like two couples or three couples; this will reduce the price considerably.
- Reduce the taxi costs. As per the above program, your approximate taxi charges will be Rs 6700 considering your arrival at Kochi airport. You can reduce the taxi charges by traveling on public buses. But due to the non-availability of proper buses, we do not recommend traveling on a public bus and recommend having a private taxi for this trip.
- Use similar hotels. Srees Tours choose hotels in a good location. When this is changed, the price will reduce.
- Instead of shikara, you can experience Alleppey backwaters by local passenger boat.
Cost for Given Packages:
|Kochi 1 night||Diwans court Or North Centre||Dunes Continental Or South Regency Or Broad Bean|
|Cost for 2 adults valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec & 15 Jan to 31 Mar||Rs 8200||Rs 9200|
|Child Charges Upto 5yrs free 5 - 10yrs without bed||Rs 500||Rs 500|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 750||Rs 1000|
Tour Cost Includes:
- Non A/c Fresh up room for an hr without B/F.
- AC Hotel at Kochi on twin sharing basis with B/F.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- The driver is only available as per the program given above.
- 3 hrs shikkara trip at Alleppey.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fee, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.
- Check out from the hotel is at 12 pm. Extension of check out is at hotel discretion and in case it's not available, you can keep your luggage at hotel safe custody and roam around Munnar city till your departure.