This 6 days Kerala trip is planned for those who like to visit Munnar with Kanyakumari, Kovalam, and Trivandrum with a low budget. Though this package covers the best destinations as desired by the guest, this will be the most road travel involved package. Connecting Munnar and Alleppey is almost 5/6 hours and Alleppey to Kanyakumari is 6/7 hours and it may be more in case there is huge traffic. Below are other details about the Kerala tour package with Kanyakumari package and the importance of the destination, travel tips, etc.
Munnar is a hill station located in Kerala. It is known for its lush greenery and pleasant climate. Munnar is one of the major tourist destinations of Kerala. Get more details About Munnar
Alleppey Backwaters by Shikara boat:
The second-best destination to experience while touring in Kerala is Alleppey backwaters. Tourist prefers to stay in Alleppey houseboats for many days for a leisure trip. Know more about Alleppey backwaters and houseboat.
Trivandrum is also known as Thiruvananthapuram. It is the capital of Kerala and one of the major tourist destinations of Kerala. Know detail about Trivandrum tourist places.
Kovalam is a perfect place for the beach lover. It will be a great experience to do beach activities and water sports at Kovalam beach. Apart from Beaches, Kovalam is beautiful place for stay in hotels and resorts. Get information regarding the best hotels and resorts of Kovalam.
Located at the south end of India is famous among the domestic tourists due to many reasons like whether its historical importance or religious or due to Triveni Sangamam or want to see end of India. Kanyakumari is one of the hot spot among tourists
How to Reach:
1) Arrival by Flight –
Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival destination for those who are coming by Flight.
2) Arrival by Train –
The best suitable railway station Aluva. You can also come to Ernakulam Railway station (ERS or ERN). Since the city has traffic problems, after arrival moving out of Kochi city during busy hours takes too much time.
3) Departure by Flight or Train –
The most suitable airport is Trivandrum. Trivandrum Central Rly station and Kochuveli railway stations are the most suitable train stations for departure.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Your suitable arrival is any time before 9 am. You can also reach by 13:00 hrs with slight modifications in the itinerary.
- Your comfortable departure can be anytime after 13:00 hrs. In case you want Kochi sightseeing and shopping, your departure should be after 17:00 hrs.
Day 1 : Kochi to Munnar
Arrival at Kochi, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Munnar. It takes approximately 3.5 hrs to cover 148 kms. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non-veg restaurants. These restaurants provide additional services like free restrooms.
On the way, you can see below waterfalls. You can spend some time there and then proceed to Munnar.
1) Cheeyappara Waterfalls:
- located on the Kochi – Munnar highway
- A good place to have photos
- No bathing is allowed as rocks used to slippery.
- No entry fee or parking fee
- You will find couples of small shops selling local food items.
- 15-20 mins halt is recommended.
2) Valara Waterfalls:
- After Cheeyappara you can see another waterfall on the right side.
- You cannot see this nearby.
- We do not recommend even a photo stop as this is not so important waterfall.
After the sightseeing, you can proceed directly to your hotel. If you do not want to go direct to Munnar hotel and need some sightseeing or activities, we recommend Dreamland Fun Park. Since its a little bit far off, we suggest you go this fist and then to Hotel for check-in. You can also see Kerala martial art (Kalaripayattu) and art form (Kathakali) today evening since there is enough time.
1) Know About Spice Plantation Tour or Spice walk:
- Ayurvedic medicinal plants are cultivated by owners in their courtyard for selling or for passion.
- They carry a minimum 3 and maximum 10 varieties of plants in their courtyard
- Since the development of Tourism or Ayurveda growing cultivation area converted in a spice plantation tour.
- They allow tourist to visit their plantation area and provide them a guide to give information regarding the variety of different medicinals and plants.
- Entry fees are applicable.
- At the end of the spice plantation tour, the guide will explain to you about medicine available for different ailments.
Tips for Plantation tour-
- Since all these spice plantations own and operated by private parties, you need to pay an entry fee of minimum Rs 200 each.
- Open at 7 am, you can visit any time. Approximate time for this tour is minimum an hr and a maximum of 1.5 hrs.
- The main aim of these spice walk or plantation visits is to sell ayurvedic medicins. Therefore, your guide may be insisting on buying these ayurvedic products. It is well-advised that better you consult a doctor before buying the medicines from spice plantation.
2) Know About Dreamland Fun & Adventure Park:
- Located at Anachal
- Park is suitable for Honeymooners, family, and kids.
- There are activities for Kids like Trampoline, Trampoline Bungee Jump & Pedal boating.
- There are activities for adults are available like horse riding, camel ride, hunting game, free fall, Burma bridge, hanging bridge, commando net, etc.
- Entry fees are starting from 1000 rs and various packages are available.
- You can complete activities in 2 hours.
Dreamland visiting tips-
- Check their web site and see the activities. In case you are not interested, intimate the same in advance to the driver. This will save you time money.
- Ensure you should have good shoes in case you are going for any activities.
- Better to avoid during monsoon from Jun to mid of Aug.
- Restaurant available inside the dreamland.
- In case your arrival is midday or afternoon, you need to skip visiting this place as there is no time left.
2) About Kathakali and Kalaripayattu Performances:
Image showing Kathakali Artform
- Kathakali is a famous art form of Kerala where Kalaripayattu is the martial art of Kerala.
- This kind of stage performance is conducted in various tourist destinations of Kerala.
- In Munnar, There are two performance centers for these performances.
- Punarjani is the best place for these performances among them.
- Both performances are of an hour each which started at 17:00 hrs and ending at 19:00 hrs.
- The entry fee is Rs 300 per person for each show.
Image showing Kalaripayattu Martial Art
Note: Check-in Hotel and overnight in a stay at Munnar.
Day 2: Munnar
Today we have planned a full day sightseeing of Munnar. Since there is just one day for the whole sightseeing, we suggest you keep the timing. B/F at the hotel and start the latest by 09:00 hrs. First half day we plan to cover all the sightseeing from Munnar town to Top station which includes Rose garden, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Kundala Lake, and Top Station. But we will be doing this on the reverse order as visiting Top Station or Kundala Dam is best during early or morning hrs. It takes approximately 50 mins to reach the top station from Munnar town.
1) Top Station – One of the Best Tourist Places of Munnar:
About Top Station-
- Top station Located at 6410 ft above the sea level
- It is the second-highest elevated place in the whole Munnar
- It takes approximately 45 mins to cover 18 kms from Munnar town.
- British built a railway line running from Chaya Bazar (near present Munnar town) to Drop Station (present Top Station).
- The train used to carry the tea leaves collected in the whole Munnar to Drop Station and from there by a cable car to down below the processing center.
- You can see the remains of this cable car at Top Station even now.
Why to Visit Top Station?
- Visiting top station, you will get the best experience with regard to the view of mountains towards Kulukkumali, fog, mist, and chilled climate Interestingly
- The top station is not in Kerala but located in Tamil Nadu.
- We need to cross 1 km into Tamil Nadu state to reach this place.
Travel Tips to Visit Top Station-
- It opens at 06:00 hrs and closes at 17:00 hrs.
- An entry fee of Rs 25 for adults, Children Rs 15 and Rs 10 for foreigners will be charged.
- Those who have knee problems, heart diseases, breathing problems, and kids below 6 yrs should avoid this place as it involves too much walking by steps.
- We should have good shoes.
- The best time to visit is early morning or before 10 am.
- Should be avoided during monsoon ie from Jun to mid of Aug.
- If you are planning to visit Kolukkumali, Top station visits can be avoided.
- Handicapped persons, pregnant ladies, and wheel chairpersons cannot access this place.
2) Kundala Dam – Beautiful Dam in Munnar:
About Kundala Dam-
- Kundala Dam was constructed for Pallivasal Hydro Electric Project in 1946 and considered to be Asia’s No 1 arch dam.
- This place is located between Top Station and Munnar town, therefore, it is easy for visiting.
- Considered as one of the best scenic spots for photography.
- Tourists can do activities like a pedal boat, speed boat, or shikara kind of trip available in the lake.
Travel Tips to Visit Kundala Dam-
- Irrespective of any restrictions, tourists from all walks of life can access this place.
- Entry to this place is free. In case you want to have some activities like boating in lake, horse riding, etc, all these are available here which is chargeable.
- If you are doing any boating activity in any other lake in Munnar, this can be avoided.
- It takes hardly 15-20 mins here to experience, in case you do not need any other activities.
3) Echo Point: Best Place for Photography in Munnar:
What to know About Echo Point:
- This is nothing much important about this place.
- If you make a loud noise, your voice will return to you as you have a big hill just opposite of you after the lake. But more than that, this is one of the best places to have a photo of the lake close by.
- Entry to this place is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 20 per person.
4) Visit Amazing Tea Plantations in Munnar:
About Top Station-
- On the way to Top station or while coming back to the city, you can see very scenic tea plantations.
- In case you want to visit, see or want to have photos, you can do this.
- There is no entry fee or charges need to pay.
- You should know that the whole Munnar is tea plantations and you can get good photos not necessarily from one particular place, but anywhere in Munnar.
5) Mattupetty Dam – Must Visit Tourist Spot in Munnar:
What to Know About Mattupetty Dam-
- Mattupetty dam is located 13 km away from Munnar city towards Top station and it takes 20 mins to drive by road.
- Mattupetty can be narrated like a confluence of mountain, lake, and greenery.
- You will get the best photos and some breathtaking moments of your holiday.
- Unlike Kundala, Mattupetty made elaborate arrangements for tourist comfort.
- It has a washroom, tourist facilitation center where coffee shop, snack bar, cowboy park, children park with swing, speed boat in the lake, etc available.
- The best experience of Mattupetty is first to go to the boating center or tourist facilitation center, if interested do the boating and come to the dam and take some of the best photos.
Travel Tips to Visit Mattupetty Dam-
- Try to walk from Kundala to Mattupetty dam and you can see tallest blue gum trees, in case you have time.
- You can skip in case you are coming from a place where there are lots of lakes and mountains.
- This place is accessible for all irrespective of handicapped or wheelchaired.
- Very good place for family with kids outing.
- This place is best for a small shopping for handicrafts and souvenirs.
- There are no restaurants available but hot noodles and local snacks are available. During holidays, weekends, and tourist season, this place is jam-packed. You may need to wait up to an hr to get boating tickets or Parking car.
- Take beautiful photos of the Mattupetty dam. After the boating travel to the dam, come out of the car from one end of the dam and walk to other ends. You can take good photos from the middle as vehicles are not allowed to park on the dam.
6) Rose Garden:
Know About Rose Garden-
- This is a kind of botanical garden maintained by the KTDC Floriculture Centre.
- Not only Roses but different varieties of flowers are available and a good place to have memorable photos.
- This garden is located 5 kms away on the top station roadside and entry is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 50 per person.
Travel Tips to Visit Rose Garden-
- Since there are steps, handicapped or wheelchaired persons advised not to visit this place.
- A washroom facility is available for the public.
- You can buy favorite plants from the rose garden.
We expect this is over by 13:00 hrs and an hour lunch break is available. There are many vegs or non-veg restaurants available in Munnar city. Post lunch we are organizing a trip to Rajamali in Eravikulam National Park.
7) Eravikulam National Park: Sanctuary of Nilgiri Tahr:
About Eravikulam National Park-
- Eravikulam national park having an area of 97 sq km is the first national park in Kerala.
- The Park protects endemic and endangered Nilgiri Tahr, a rare species of mountain goat, and its habitat.
- The park has the largest stretch of undisturbed shoal-grassland ecosystems in the western ghats.
- Anamudi which is 2695 meters in height is the highest peak south of Himalayas is located within this park.
- Before becoming a National Park, the area is the hunting reserve of the colonial tea planters.
- It takes approximately 30 mins drive to the entry point.
- On reaching the entry point, you need to show the online booking details or you can buy the tickets from this counter itself.
- From the ticket counter till the entry gate of Eravikulam, it’s almost 20 mins in a minibus which is being provided by the park.
- On reaching the entry points, you need to walk steep pathways for almost 40 mins to see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi Peak.
- This is also a good place to have good mountain photographs.
Travel Tips to Visit Eravikulam National Park-
- Book your tickets online.
- Entry ticket is Rs 125 for domestic tourists and Rs 400 for foreigners.
- Best time to visit in the early morning or afternoon.
- No food or water bottles allowed.
- The washroom is available for both gents and ladies.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Cafeteria and snack bar available at the waiting place.
- To see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi peak, you need to hike approximately 40 mins. Those who have breathing problems should avoid this.
- Carry raincoat in rainy seasons. Umbrella is a must for all seasons.
- This park is closed during Feb and Mar for breeding and calving every year.
By the time you visit this park, it may be afternoon. You can come to Munnar town for small shopping. Departure for your hotel and check-in.
Travel Tips to Visit Munnar:
- On the way from Kochi to Munnar, we have included Valera and Cheeyappara waterfalls. Since these falls depend on raining water, these falls may be dry during summertime or if there is no rain.
- Dreamland – visit only if you are interested. If you already had been too good amusement parks, you can skip this.
- In case you are skipping Dreamland, you can go to Munnar city for a visit.
- We recommend you to visit the art center on Day 1 as you may not get time for the second day.
- During the tourist season, weekend and holidays, there will be a huge rush due to local guests. Sometimes this leads to a terrific traffic block and may trap for a couple of hrs. Therefore, ensure that you keep the timing mentioned in this program.
- The above program is not possible in case your hotel is too far off of Munnar like Adimali, Chinnakanal, Eeticity, Anachal, Kunjithanni, But SreesTours select and provide hotels which are located within Munnar only. Please go here to know where to stay in Munnar.
- If your trip is during Feb or Mar when the Eravikulam park is closed, you can visit a tea factory, Lockhart gap viewpoint, etc.
- All these programs may disrupt in case there is heavy rain. Visiting Top station or Eravikulam, during heavy monsoon is not possible.
- Apart from Hotels, there is a variety of other stay options available like Tree House, private pool villa, jacuzzi, and bathtub rooms, honeymoon cottage, resorts with a view to the tea plantation, tent, and camp stay.
- Apart from the standard sightseeing program mentioned above, you can also experience attractions or activities in Munnar. We recommend staying more days to experience all these.
- Sunrise at Top station.
- Off-road Jeep safari.
- Guided soft hiking of 2 hrs or hard hiking of 4 hrs and visit beautiful mountains, grasslands, and tea plantation.
- Guided hiking and camping in Swiss tents
This is the best place to buy Tea and coffee at a reasonable price.
Day 3: Munnar to Alleppey
Today you will be traveling to Alleppey which is the most beautiful place during your trip to Kerala. Alleppey backwaters are one of the famous tourist destinations included in your trip. We are providing a shikkara trip for 2 hrs which will take you to the backwaters to see the village life. We recommend you to start earliest by 08:30 hrs. It takes approximately 5 hrs to cover 200 kms. Arrival and transfer to the hotel for fresh up. 14:30 hrs onwards 2 hrs shikkara backwater cruise.
2 hrs Shikara Trip – Experience Alleppey Backwaters by Private Shikara:
Your boarding is at Aleppey jetty at 14:30 hrs. During the three hrs shikkara trip, you will be visiting below the best small and big canals in Alleppey backwaters.
- Punnamada lake. This is the lake where the annual snake boat regatta is being conducted every year.
- SNDP Canal. You can see local villages, temples, etc while making a trip through this canal.
- Panakkal Thod and Muttethod. A very narrow canal where you can see the local villages, paddy fields, etc.
- Vilakkumaram – This is an icon of old age time. This is the place where Maharaja of wrest while of Travancore kingdom established a Vilakkumaram (this is a word in Malayalam and the meaning is – “light on the tree” which gives direction for the boat which carries material in the night).
Your shikara trip ends at 16:30 hrs, you can visit Alleppey city and beach for sunset. Below are the sightseeing options available in the afternoon.
1) Alleppey Light House:
Alleppey lighthouse and museum are worth a short visit. The lighthouse is having 105 steep steps to reach the top. The view of the Arabian sea from the lighthouse is very good. Good place for photography. Close at 17:00 hrs.
One of the best beaches in Kerala to spend an evening. Good place for a stroll in the evening. After sunset, you can return back to the hotel.
3) Vijaya Park:
If you are with family and kids, this place is more attractive and the park is located north end of the beach.
Note: Overnight stay in Hotel
Day 4: Alleppey Houseboat to Kanyakumari
Get up early morning and have a nice sunrise in the houseboat. (this depends upon the climate and not available for all the bookings). The boat starts at 08:00 hrs and finally drops at 09:00 hrs at Jetty. During this one hr time, the houseboats make a trip through Chithira lake and the Vembanadu lake which is the biggest freshwater lake in Kerala. Check out from Houseboat. After check out from Houseboat you will be proceeding to Kanyakumari which is almost 7 hrs drive. We recommend you to start by 8 am so that you can see the evening sunset at Kanyakumari. Due to this long journey, sightseeing on the way is also not possible. Arrival at Kanyakumari, transfer to hotel. Relax in the hotel for some time. Evening experience the beautiful sunset at sunset point. You can see the sunset from the below points.
1) Observation Tower-
The tourism department has constructed an observation tower to view the sunset or sunrise. The tower is approx 100 mtr in height has a spiral constructed walkway without any steps so that all age groups people can go up to the top by walking. You have a 360degree view of the sea and nearby places. The best place for photography, therefore, must-visit.
2) Sunset View Point-
One can have a nice sunset view from this place which is located just walking distance from the Kanyakumari market. One of the best experiences during your Kanyakumari trip. You can walk from the city to this place or you can come by auto or your own transport. The authorities constructed adequate space and sitting arrangements where you can relax and see the sunset.
Note: Overnight at Hotel.
Day 5: Kanyakumari to Kovalam
Early morning sunrise at the sunrise point. You can see the sunrise from the Kanyakumari beach, Kanyakumari pier, or even from your hotel. Early B/F at the hotel and proceed to Vivekananda rock to see the statue, Triveni Sangam, etc. Below is the Kanyakumari sightseeing we have planned.
1) Vivekananda rock:
Visit Vivekananda Rock. This place is attributed to the belief that Swamy Vivekananda has attained enlightenment in this place. To visit Vivekananda rock, one needs to take a ferry from Kanyakumari Jetty to the rock which takes 5mins. You can see a meditation hall constructed on the rock as a memorial to Swamy Vivekananda. On reaching the rock, you can see Thiruvalluvar statue and Triveni Sangam.
2) Thiruvalluvar Statue:
This 133 ft tall stone statue is dedicated to famous Tamil poet Thiru Valluvar. This is constructed another rock island near to Vivekananda rock. Entry to this island is not available and you can best see this statue from Vivekananda rock.
3) Triveni Sangam:
This is being called because, the Bay of Bengal, Arabian sea, Indian ocean join together here.
At 11:30 hrs, departure for Kovalam. It takes 2.5 hrs drive to reach Kovalam. On the way, you can see a couple of sightseeing places and then reach Kovalam beach in the afternoon. You can also skip this sightseeing and go direct to Kovalam.
The temple is located in between Kanyakumari and Nagarcoil, therefore, it’s easy to visit this temple who are visiting Kanyakumari. The main importance of the temple is “Thrimoorthi” placed in one sanctum sanctorum. Therefore this temple is also called STHANUMALAYAN (Sthanu- Shiva, Maal- Vishnu, Ayan – Brahma). Two best things apart from the religious aspect are that the beautiful gopuram is 134 ft height and a hanuman idol inside the temple is 18ft in height. Though it’s a famous Lord Shiva temple, Hanuman is also a deity.
Important Travel Advice:
- You need to remove your shirt before entering the temple.
- Ladies can wear pants, churidar, or saree.
- Special or normal darshan is available.
Reach Kovalam by 3 pm, check-in Hotel, and leisure for some time. Afternoon visit Kovalam beach.
1) Vizhinjam Lighthouse:
About Vizhinjam Lighthouse-
- Kovalam lighthouse is also called a Vizinjam lighthouse
- Located on the beachside of Kovalam.
- The tower is constructed cylindrically with a total height of 118 ft and 187 ft height from mean sea level.
- One needs to use the lift and steps to reach the observatory deck to have a good view.
- Get a good view of Kovalam beach, lighthouse beach, and the beautiful Arabian Sea.
- The best place for good photography.
Travel Tips to Visit Vizhinjam Lighthouse-
- Payment by the entry fee. Domestic tourist Rs 20, senior citizen and children Rs 10, foreign tourists Rs 50.
- Entry is available from 10:00 hrs till 13:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs. Entry closes at 16:30 hrs.
- Closed on every Monday.
- Lift available from 1st floor to 3rd From the ground floor to 1st floor and 3rd floor to 4th floor you need to round shape steps to reach the top.
- Not advisable for people with knee problems.
- The best time to visit is in the morning at 10 am to avoid the rush in the evening. There will be too much rush during the weekend and holidays.
- Due to the menace of stray dogs, do not go alone for an early morning or evening walking on the beach.
2) Marine Research Aquarium:
- located in Vizinjam.
- .A small aquarium displaying some precious collection of marine life.
- The entry fee is Rs 20 and used to close on Monday.
- Since there is nothing important, visit this if you have spare time.
3) Light House beach:
About Lighthouse beach-
- The entire Kovalam is on the Arabian seaside so you go anywhere, you can experience the beach.
- There are only two beaches called lighthouse beach and Hawa beach where you can have activities like scuba diving, swimming, jet ski, etc.
Travel Tips to Visit Lighthouse beach-
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hrs.
- During season or rush time, all the activities need to be booked in advance in case interested.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach shakers and umbrellas available from Rs 200 onwards.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- Washroom available but NO bathing arrangement available.
- It will be crowded with local tourists during holidays and weekends.
- In case your hotel is not nearby, carry your extra towel, changing clothes, etc.
4) Hawa Beach:
About Hawa Beach-
- Hawa beach – locally called Eves beach
- located just opposite the north side of the lighthouse beach.
- This is a small black sand beach and not idle for swimming.
- Because of not proper waste management, This beach is overcrowded during weekend days by local tourists, therefore, dirt is everywhere
- fisherman keeps their items for fishing like small wooden boats, diesel barrels, etc.
- Thus, It’s advisable to skip this place or recommended having just visited the beach during your holiday.
Important Beach Tips-
- Restaurants are not available on this beach.
- Lifeguards monitoring system available.
- Only a few sunbed and umbrella rentals on this beach.
- Water sports like Jetski, speed boat, and catamaran drive available in the boat.
- The best time to visit is early morning or afternoon.
- No washroom or bathing arrangements on this beach.
- This beach is having a paid vehicle parking area where ladies washrooms available.
Kovalam beach activities:
Beach is having many activities like swimming in lighthouse beach, scuba diving, surfing, speed boat, etc. In case interested these activate can be booked on arrival. Some of the items like scuba diving, windsurfing, etc need training and during your weekend holiday days, it may not be possible.
Note: Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Day 6: Kovalam to Trivandrum
Today is the last day of your trip. Just relax and check out at 12 pm, it takes approximately 30 mins to reach Trivandrum. In case you want to visit the temple, you can check out early and proceed to Trivandrum. In case your flight is in the evening, half-day sightseeing is also possible. Details of sightseeing are given below:
1) Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple:
Things to Know Before Visit Padmanabhaswamy Temple-
- Pants, Jeans, Bermuda, etc are not allowed inside.
- Gents need to remove the shirt and should wear Dhoti and ladies saree/churidar.
- In the case of churidar, Dhoti needs to wear over the churidar.
- Dhoti available in front of the temple shop for Rs 50 per piece onwards.
- Small wallets, cameras, mob phones, bags, etc are not allowed inside the temple.
- Morning – 03:30 hrs to 04:30 hrs, 06:30 hrs to 07:00 hrs, 08:30 hrs to 10:00 hrs & 10:30 hrs till 12:00 hrs.
- Evening – 17:00 hrs to 18:30 hrs and 18:45 hrs to 19:30 hrs.
Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple Travel Tips-
- You can have a special darshan at Rs 250 for 2 adults. This is inclusive of offering thali with flowers and prasadam in return. Special darshan gives you access without any queue and may take an overall 20 mins.
- You need to keep all your belonging in the car or hotel before the entrance.
- Footwear keeping place available just outside the temple gate on payment.
- The idol inside the temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Ananda Sayana. The sanctum sanctorum has three doors. You need to start darshan from left to right side starting the face, hands with lotus, and legs.
- You need to have an hour to visit the temple.
- The only Hindus are allowed inside.
2) Puthanmaliga Palace Museum:
- Puthanmalika also is known as the Kuthiramalika palace museum
- Located very close to Sree Padmanabha Swamy temple is one of the must-see places in Trivandrum.
- This is a 200 yr old place of erstwhile Maharaja of Travancore and now converted as a museum.
- The main attraction of the palace is the traditional Kerala architecture marvel, especially wooden carving.
- This palace is also called Kuthira (horse) maliga (Palace) – Kuthiramalika palace.
- A must-see place for the tourist who loves to see the traditional old place, architecture, etc
Attractions of Puthanmaliga Palace Museum-
- 122 horse structure curved in wooden planket which supports the room.
- Alongside the museum, there is another Art gallery on the same premises showcasing pictures of the royal family on various occasions.
Travel Tips to Visit Puthanmaliga Palace Museum-
- Entry is subject to payment of an entry fee. Foreign tourists to pay Rs 150, Domestic tourist Rs 50, Children Rs 15.
- Inside photography is restricted. A mobile phone needs to be switched off.
- Photo/video charges outside museum within the palace complex are – video – Rs 300, camera Rs 50, and Mobile Rs 20.
- Entry fee inclusive of guide charges.
- Opening at 09:00 hrs till 12:30 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 16:45 hrs. Monday Closed.
- Footwear will not be allowed inside the palace.
- The mobile photo needs to be switched off before entering the palace.
- Handbags, shoulder bags, etc will not be allowed and you need to keep in the clock room free of charge.
- There is an annual classical music festival is conducted every year from -6 Jan to 10 Jan which is being attended by the best musicians in India.
- The total time required to visit this complex and museum is approx an hr.
3) Sri Chithra Art Gallery:
- Sri Chithra art gallery was opened to the public in the year 1935.
- The art gallery displays paintings of the Royal House of Travancore and the Kilimanoor Royal family.
- Apart from a painting of Raja Ravi Verma, paintings from Bengal School, Russian artists Nicholas Roerich and his son Svetoslav Roerich, contemporary paints and murals. Tanjore paintings, Art from Bali, Tibetian, Mugal, Rajasthani paintings add a feather to the cap.
Travel Tips to Visit Sri Chithra Art Gallery-
- Visiting from 10:00 hrs till 17:00 hrs. Wednesday open from 13:00 hrs till 15:00 hrs.
- Last entry available at 16:25 hrs.
- Monday closed.
Travel Tips to Visit Trivandrum :
- In case you are visiting family with kids, there are many other sightseeing options available in Trivandrum. Magic Planet, Veli lake, and tourist village, Shangumugam beach, Neyyar wildlife sanctuary, the famous vax museum, etc are few where family and kids will enjoy. You can replace the present sightseeing with these (except neyyar wildlife) or consider to stay one more night in Trivandrum or Kovalam.
- If you are on a religious trip to Trivandrum, it’s recommended to stay in Trivandrum instead of Kovalam.
- The famous temples in Trivandrum are Sri Padmanabha Swamy temple, Pazavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Attukal Bhagavathi temple, Palkulangara Devi temple, etc.
Drop at Trivandrum airport, or railway station/bus stand. Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you want to select this package and customize it according to your choice of hotels, it’s possible.
- We have mentioned different sightseeing options which include some of the famous temples. In case you are not interested in visiting any particular sightseeing point or temple, we can modify this itinerary to suit your requirement.
- In case you want to add any other sightseeing places or destinations or temples, we can do the same for you. Please contact Us.
- In case if you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service.
- If your arrival is in the afternoon or evening, its advisable to stay at Kochi and start your trip the next day morning.
- In case you reach early morning before 6 am, proceeding immediately to Munnar is not possible. It is advisable to have a Non-ac fresh up room for an hr or two for which a minimum of Rs 500 will be charged extra.
- On the first day, Kochi sightseeing and then going to Munnar is not practical. In case you want to see Kochi, we recommend you come one day prior and stay Kochi and the next day proceeds to Munnar.
- This program is inclusive of a private shikara backwater trip. You can also choose a Houseboat day trip with extra cost.
- You can also start this package on a reverse order without any increase in the prices.
- This is a private trip for the booking guest and not shared with any other guest. Some of the common sightseeing is on sharing basis like Rajamali national park, boat to Vivekananda rock, etc.
- If you want to visit Thekkedy (Periyar) on this trip, you need to either add 1 more night or stay Munnar only 1 night instead of present 2 nights.
- You can stay Kanyakumari on the last day, in case you want to add Rameswaram and Madurai to this trip. For more details about Rameswaram and Madurai, please visit our details About Madurai.
Shopping in Kerala:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops located at Munnar and Trivandrum.
- Coffee & tea – The best available place is shopping at Munnar.
- Spices – All types of spices are cheaper in shops at Munnar.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips to Reduce the Package Cost:
Below are the eight tips as to how you can reduce this package price:
- Travel as a group. Try to travel as a group like two couples or three couples; this will reduce the price considerably.
- Reduce the taxi costs. As per the above program, your approximate taxi charges will be 16500. You can use this taxi till the houseboat and the next day you can go to Kanyakumari from Alleppey. This will reduce the taxi charges.
- Use similar hotels. If you choose a similar hotel outside of the main center, it will reduce the price. Some of the travel agents like Travel Triangle use hotels located outside the main city or hotels which does not locate on a proper tourist place to reduce the cost.
- Instead of staying in Kovalam, you can stay in Trivandrum to reduce the cost as Kovalam hotels are costlier during seasons. You can choose a conducted tour for Trivandrum and Kovalam local sightseeing.
- At present private houseboat is included. Choose a sharing houseboat to reduce the cost. Please go here to know problems in sharing a houseboat.
- Instead of Houseboat in Alleppey, stay in a resort, and choose a shikkara or country boat for a backwater trip.
- Travel by local bus. Normally this is being used by foreign backpackers and budget guests. On arrival, Aluva to Munnar by local bus, in Munnar sightseeing by three-wheeler auto, Munnar to Alleppey by local bus, Alleppey to Kanyakumari by train, Kanyakumari to Trivandrum by train or local bus.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium|
|Munnar 2 night||Bell Mount Or Las Palmas Or Glen More||Hotel C7 OR Misty Mountain Resort||Aranyaka Resort|
|Alleppey 1 night||Kalappurakkal Home stay AC room, cable TV, hot water etc||Aracadia regency Or Pagoda resort||Lake Haven resort|
|Kanyakumari 1 night||Temple city||Sun World||Hotel Sea view|
|Trivandrum 1 night||Hotel Chaitram||Arcadia Regency||Flemingo Or Lake Palace Or Appolo Demora|
|Cost for 2 adults 1 room sedan ac car / 1 room||Rs 31000||Rs 34700||Rs 38800|
|Cost for 4 adults 2 rooms AC Tavera or Maruti Ertica car||Rs 49900||Rs 56800||Rs 64400|
|Additional Cost for child 6- 11yrs without Bed||Rs 3150||Rs 3150||Rs 3800|
|Adult with Extra bed||Rs 5000||Rs 5000||Rs 6500|
- The above costs are valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar.
- Cost not valid from 16 Dec to 14 Jan – contact us for revised price-CONTACT US
- Validity from 01 Apr till 31 Sep. This is an offseason and good discount available-CONTACT US
Total Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation except for Hill Station (Munnar &Thekkedy) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
There is no B/F on the day of arrival.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Child below 5 yrs sharing same bed with parents will be complimentarily.
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- The driver is available from Morning 6 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- In case of arrival early morning before 6 am, additional charges will be applicable for the car.
- All the applicable taxes.
- Plantation tour in Munnar.
- Kathakali and Kalaripayattu show at Munnar.
- 2 hrs shikkara trip at Alleppey backwaters.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children upto the age of 5 yrs are complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport, Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.