Overview of Kerala 6 Nights 7 Days Package:
This package is designed for those who want to visit Kerala with Kanyakumari and their arrival and departure at Kochi airport or Railway station. This package covers the most attractive places in Kerala like Munnar, Thekkady, Kanyakumari, Trivandrum, Alleppey, and Kochi. Another important aspect of this Kerala 6 Nights 7 days package which including tourist destination and sightseeing details is below.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival and Departure by Flight –
Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival destination for those who are coming by Flight.
2) Arrival and by Train –
The best suitable railway station Aluva. You can also come to Ernakulam Jn Railway station (ERS or ERN). Since the city has traffic problems, after arrival moving out of Kochi city during busy hrs takes too much time.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Your suitable arrival is any time before 9 am. You can also reach by 13:00 hrs with slight modifications in the itinerary.
- Your comfortable departure can be anytime after 13:00 hrs. In case you want Kochi sightseeing and shopping, your departure should be after 17:00 hrs.
4 Highlights of this Tour Package:
- Well experienced behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- Plantation tour.
- One Kathakali and Kalaripayattu entry is included either at Munnar or Thekkady.
- One entry and boating in the Periyar wildlife sanctuary are included.
Day 1 : Kochi to Munnar
Arrival at Kochi, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Munnar. It takes approximately 3.5 hrs to cover 148 km. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non-veg restaurants. These restaurants provide additional services like free restrooms.
On the way, you can see below waterfalls. You can spend some time there and then proceed to Munnar.
1) Cheeyappara Waterfalls:
This is located on the Kochi – Munnar highway on the left side of the road. This is a good place to have photos, but no bathing is allowed as rocks used to slippery. There is no entry fee or parking fee that needs to be given. There are couples of small shops selling local food items. 15-20 mins halt is recommended.
2) Valara Waterfalls:
After Cheeyappara you can see another waterfall on the right side. You cannot see this nearby. We do not recommend even a photo stop as this is not so important waterfalls.
After the sightseeing, you can proceed directly to your hotel. If you do not want to go direct to Munnar hotel and need some sightseeing or activities, we recommend Dreamland Fun Park. Since its a little bit far off, we suggest you go this fist and then to Hotel for check-in. You can also see Kerala martial art (Kalaripayattu) and art form (Kathakali) today evening since there is enough time.
1) Dreamland Fun & Adventure Park:
This is located 16 km away from Munnar a place called Anachal. This park is suitable for all the tourists especially honeymoon couples and family and kids. They have may activities for kids and adults separately. Kids will surely enjoy Trampoline and trampoline bungee jump and pedal boating. There are many activities for adults are available like horse riding, camel ride, hunting game, free fall, Burma bridge, hanging bridge, commando net, and many more. All these are with complete security in international standards. Entry fee starting from Rs 1000 and you can also choose different packages which cost you more. It takes a minimum of 2 hrs to complete the activities.
Dreamland visiting tips-
- Check their web site and see the activities. In case you are not interested, intimate the same in advance to the driver. This will save you time money.
- Ensure you should have good shoes in case you are going for any activities.
- Better to avoid during monsoon from Jun to mid of Aug.
- Restaurant available inside the dreamland.
- In case your arrival is midday or afternoon, you need to skip visiting this place as there is no time left.
2) About Kathakali and Kalaripayattu:
Image Showing Kathakali Artform
Kathakali is a famous art form and Kalaripayattu is a martial art of Kerala In most of the tourist destinations in Kerala, this kind of stage performance in an auditorium is conducted. There are two performance centers in Munnar. Punarjani which is located a little bit outside is the best one.
Image Showing Kalaripayattu Martial Art
Both these performances are of an hour each which started at 17:00 hrs and ending at 19:00 hrs. The entry fee is Rs 300 per person for each show.
Note: Check-in Hotel and overnight in a stay at Munnar.
Day 2 : Munnar
Munnar Trip for One Day:
Today we have planned a full day sightseeing of Munnar. Since there is just one day for the whole sightseeing, we suggest you keep the timing. B/F at the hotel and start the latest by 09:00 hrs. First half day we plan to cover all the sightseeing from Munnar town to Top station which includes Rose garden, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Kundala Lake, and Top Station. But we will be doing this on the reverse order as visiting Top Station or Kundala Dam is best during early or morning hrs. It takes approximately 50 mins to reach the top station from Munnar town.
1) Top Station – View Point of Munnar:
About Top Station of Munnar-
- Located at 6410 ft MSL, Top Station is the second-highest elevated place in the whole Munnar.
- It takes approximately 45 mins to cover 18kms from Munnar town.
- The interesting story of Top Station is that the British built a railway line running from Chaya Bazar (near present Munnar town) to Drop Station (present Top Station).
- The train used to carry the tea leaves collected in the whole Munnar to Drop Station and from there by a cable car to down below the processing center.
- You can see the remains of this cable car at Top Station even now.
- Visiting top station, you will get the best experience with regard to the view of mountains towards Kulukkumali, fog, mist, and chilled climate Interestingly, the top station is not in Kerala but located in Tamil Nadu.
- We need to cross 1 km into Tamil Nadu state to reach this place.
Travel Tips to Visit Top Station-
- It opens at 06:00 hrs and closes at 17:00 hrs.
- An entry fee of Rs 25 for adults, Children Rs 15 and Rs 10 for foreigners will be charged.
- Those who have knee problems, heart diseases, breathing problems, and kids below 6 yrs should avoid this place as it involves too much walking by steps.
- We should have good shoes.
- The best time to visit is early morning or before 10 am.
- Should be avoided during monsoon ie from Jun to mid of Aug.
- If you are planning to visit Kolukkumali, Top station visits can be avoided.
- Handicapped persons, pregnant ladies, and wheel chairpersons cannot access this place.
2) Kundala Dam – Beautiful Dam in Munnar:
About Kundala Dam Lake-
- Kundala Dam was constructed for Pallivasal Hydro Electric Project in 1946 and considered to be Asia’s No 1 arch dam.
- This place is located between Top Station and Munnar town, therefore, it is easy for visiting.
- Considered as one of the best scenic spots for photography, you can also have activities like a pedal boat, speed boat, or shikhara kind of trip available in the lake.
Travel Tips to Visit Kundala Dam-
- Irrespective of any restrictions, tourists from all walks of life can access this place.
- Entry to this place is free. In case you want to have some activities like boating in lake, horse riding, etc, all these are available here which is chargeable.
- If you are doing any boating activity in any other lake in Munnar, this can be avoided.
- It takes hardly 15-20 mins here to experience, in case you do not need any other activities.
3) Echo Point – Best Place for Photography in Munnar:
This is nothing much important about this place. If you make a loud noise, your voice will return to you as you have a big hill just opposite of you after the lake. But more than that, this is one of the best places to have a photo of the lake close by. Entry to this place is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 20 per person.
4) Visit Tea Plantations in Munnar:
About Top Station-
On the way to Top station or while coming back to the city, you can see very scenic tea plantations. In case you want to visit, see or want to have photos, you can do this. There is no entry fee or charges need to pay. You should know that the whole Munnar is tea plantations and you can get good photos not necessarily from one particular place, but anywhere in Munnar.
5) Mattupetty Dam – One of the Best Tourist Spots in Munnar:
All You Need to Know About Mattupetty Dam-
- Mattupetty dam is located 13 km away from Munnar city towards Top station and it takes 20 mins to drive by road.
- Mattupetty can be narrated like a confluence of mountain, lake, and greenery.
- You will get the best photos and some breathtaking moments of your holiday.
- Unlike Kundala, Mattupetty made elaborate arrangements for tourist comfort. It has a washroom, tourist facilitation center where coffee shop, snack bar, cowboy park, children park with swing, speed boat in the lake, etc available.
- The best experience of Mattupetty is first to go to the boating center or tourist facilitation center, if interested do the boating and come to the dam and take some of the best photos.
Travel Tips to Visit Mattupetty Dam-
- Try to walk from Kundala to Mattupetty dam and you can see tallest blue gum trees, in case you have time.
- You can skip in case you are coming from a place where there are lots of lakes and mountains.
- This place is accessible for all irrespective of handicapped or wheelchaired.
- Very good place for family with kids outing.
- This place is best for a small shopping for handicrafts and souvenirs.
- There are no restaurants available but hot noodles and local snacks are available. During holidays, weekends, and tourist season, this place is jam-packed. You may need to wait up to an hr to get boating tickets or Parking car.
- Take beautiful photos of the Mattupetty dam. After the boating travel to the dam, come out of the car from one end of the dam and walk to other ends. You can take good photos from the middle as vehicles are not allowed to park on the dam.
6) Rose Garden:
About Rose Garden in Munnar-
- This is a kind of botanical garden maintained by the KTDC Floriculture Centre.
- Not only Roses but different varieties of flowers are available and a good place to have memorable photos.
- This garden is located 5 km away on the top station roadside and entry is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 50 per person.
Travel Tips to Visit Rose Garden-
- Since there are steps, handicapped or wheelchaired persons advised not to visit this place.
- A washroom facility is available for the public.
- You can buy favorite plants from the rose garden.
We expect this is over by 13:00 hrs and an hour lunch break is available. There are many vegs or non-veg restaurants available in Munnar city. Post lunch we are organizing a trip to Rajamali in Eravikulam National Park.
7) Visit Sanctuary of Nilgiri Tahr in Munnar – Eravikulam National Park :
About Eravikulam National Park-
- Eravikulam national park having an area of 97 sq km is the first national park in Kerala.
- The Park protects endemic and endangered Nilgiri Tahr, a rare species of mountain goat, and its habitat.
- The park has the largest stretch of undisturbed shoal-grassland ecosystems in the western ghats.
- Anamudi which is 2695 meters in height is the highest peak south of Himalayas is located within this park.
- Before becoming a National Park, the area is the hunting reserve of the colonial tea planters.
- It takes approximately 30 mins drive to the entry point.
- On reaching the entry point, you need to show the online booking details or you can buy the tickets from this counter itself.
- From the ticket counter till the entry gate of Eravikulam, it’s almost 20 mins in a minibus which is being provided by the park.
- On reaching the entry points, you need to walk steep pathways for almost 40 mins to see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi Peak.
- This is also a good place to have good mountain photographs.
Travel Tips to Visit Eravikulam National Park-
- Book your tickets online.
- Entry ticket is Rs 125 for domestic tourists and Rs 400 for foreigners.
- Best time to visit in the early morning or afternoon.
- No food or water bottles allowed.
- The washroom is available for both gents and ladies.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Cafeteria and snack bar available at the waiting place.
- To see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi peak, you need to hike approximately 40 mins. Those who have breathing problems should avoid this.
- Carry raincoat in rainy seasons. Umbrella is a must for all seasons.
- This park is closed during Feb and Mar for breeding and calving every year.
By the time you visit this park, it may be afternoon. You can come to Munnar town for small shopping. Departure for your hotel and check-in.
Travel Tips to Visit Munnar:
- On the way from Kochi to Munnar, we have included Valera and Cheeyappara waterfalls. Since these falls depend on raining water, these falls may be dry during summertime or if there is no rain.
- Dreamland – visit only if you are interested. If you already had been too good amusement parks, you can skip this.
- In case you are skipping Dreamland, you can go to Munnar city for a visit.
- We recommend you to visit the art center on Day 1 as you may not get time for the second day.
- During the tourist season, weekend and holidays, there will be a huge rush due to local guests. Sometimes this leads to a terrific traffic block and may trap for a couple of hrs. Therefore, ensure that you keep the timing mentioned in this program.
- The above program is not possible in case your hotel is too far off of Munnar like Adimali, Chinnakanal, Eeticity, Anachal, Kunjithanni, But SreesTours select and provide hotels which are located within Munnar only. Please go here to know where to stay in Munnar.
- If your trip is during Feb or Mar when the Eravikulam park is closed, you can visit a tea factory, Lockhart gap viewpoint, etc.
- All these programs may disrupt in case there is heavy rain. Visiting Top station or Eravikulam, during heavy monsoon is not possible.
- Apart from Hotels, there is a variety of other stay options available like Tree House, private pool villa, jacuzzi, and bathtub rooms, honeymoon cottage, resorts with a view to the tea plantation, tent, and camp stay.
- Apart from the standard sightseeing program mentioned above, you can also experience attractions or activities in Munnar. We recommend staying more days to experience all these.
- Sunrise at Top station.
- Off-road Jeep safari.
- Guided soft hiking of 2 hrs or hard hiking of 4 hrs and visit beautiful mountains, grasslands, and tea plantation.
- Guided hiking and camping in Swiss tents
This is the best place to buy Tea and coffee at a reasonable price.
Day 3 : Munnar to Thekkady (Periyar)
Today your trip is to Thekkady (Periyar). Thekkady is located approximately 135 km and it may take a minimum of 3.5 hrs to reach. You can go to Thekkady by choosing two different directions. We recommend you to start at 08:30 hrs so that you can reach Thekkady comfortably and book a boat safari.
Routes for reach Munnar to Thekkady:
- Munnar city – Chinnakanal – Thekkady:
This route is one of the best routes as you can see below sightseeing options on the way.
- Lockhart gap viewpoint – one of the best viewpoints after Top Station.
- Periyakanal waterfalls – this is available during Jun, Jul, Aug, and Sep.
- Anayirangal Dam – 1.5 km from the main road, this is one of the best scenic spots in Munnar. Sometimes you can see wild elephants also there.
- Lockhart tea plantations – around 30 mins drive through these tea plantations – one of the best experiences and best places for photography.
2. The other route to Thekkady is via Kunjithanni, Rajakkad, Udumbanchola. You can save approx 20 km and 30 mins.
Note: Guest whose hotels located in Anachal, Kunjithanni, Chithirapuram, etc cannot go this route as one needs to first go to Munnar city which is 17 km more and it takes another 40 mins.
What to Visit In Thekkady?
1) Spice Plantation Tour or spice walk:
About Spice Plantation Tour-
- Many private owners cultivate ayurvedic medicinal plants in their courtyard either for selling these to companies or for passion.
- Most of them have either three or max ten varieties of plants with them.
- When the tourism, as well as Ayurveda, was growing, some of these planters start growing more varieties of plants and then this courtyard or cultivation area has been converted to a spice plantation tour and start allowing the tourist to know about the different variety of medicinal as well as other plants available in India.
- Entry is restricted with entry fee and on entry, you will be provided with a personal guide to explain to you about each plant and its medicinal value.
- At the end of the spice walk, the guide will take you to a small hall where they explain about the medicine available for different ailments.
Travel Tips for Visit Spice Plantations-
- Since all these spice plantations own and operated by private parties, you need to pay an entry fee of minimum Rs 200 each.
- Open at 7 am, you can visit any time. Approximate time for this tour is minimum an hr and a maximum of 1.5 hrs.
- The main aim of these spice walk or plantation visits is to sell ayurvedic medicins. Therefore, your guide may be insisting on buying these ayurvedic products. It’s well-advised that better you consult a doctor before buying the medicines from spice plantation.
Check-in hotel and lunch at any of the restaurants. We have planned your boat trip today at 15:30 hrs. Relax till now and report at entry point by 15:30 hrs.
2) About Periyar National Park & Boating in Wildlife Sanctuary:
Information About Periyar National Park:
- Periyar national park is famous for elephants and tigers.
- The sanctuary surrounds Periyar Lake which was formed when the Mullaperiyar Dam was constructed.
- You cannot go inside the forest in a jeep or any other transport to see wildlife animals.
- Periyar National Park is surrounded by Periyar Lake
- forest department conducts boat safari in this Periyar Lake to see wildlife animals.
What to do in Periyar National Park-
- The boat trip starts at 07:30 hrs which is for 2 hrs and all other trips are for 1.5 hrs only.
- There are 4 boats available for a trip to the lake.
- One needs to book an online ticket for the safari.
- The interesting thing to note that till now except elephant, birds and wild gaur, etc, none of the visitors have seen a tiger.
- Therefore, if you are coming to Periyar national park to see tigers, sorry to inform you that this is hardly possible.
Travel Tips to Visit Periyar National Park:
- You need to book a boat safari ticket online in advance. Otherwise during peak time, getting a ticket is difficult.
- Since you are staying just one night, we recommend booking a ticket on a 15:30 hrs trip.
- The boat trip starts at 16:00 hrs and ends at 17:00 hrs.
- Apart from the boat safari in the Periyar Lake, the forest department conducts many activities like an overnight stay in the forest with armed guards, night trekking, bamboo rafting, etc.
- If you are interested in these activities, it’s always recommended to stay a minimum of two nights in Thekkady.
- Apart from the above, you can also go for elephant safari, Jeep safari and plantation tour, etc.
- If interested, these can be experienced the next day also.
Note: Overnight stay in the resort.
Overall Travel Tips to Visit Thekkady-
- It’s always recommended to book your stay very close to the wildlife sanctuary. Srees Tours provide a very comfortable close by hotel for our all guests.
- As per this program, the best suitable boating is at 15:30 hrs as you need to travel at 09:00 hrs to Houseboat. But the best boating is at 07:00 hrs which ends at 09:30 hrs. So if you choose the morning boating, you will be reaching houseboat by 14:00 hrs ie late for 2 hrs. Though it’s a private boat that will wait for you, some of the backwater sightseeing may not be able to cover.
- If you are interested in hiking or trekking, staying in the forest with armed guards, bamboo rafting, etc, there are many such programs organized by the Forest Department for which you may need to stay one or two more days in this destination.
- Thekkady market is very close to where you are staying. This is the best and cheapest shopping place for all types of spices, Kerala traditional saree for ladies, etc.
Day 4 : Thekkady to Kanyakumari
Today is your departure to Kanyakumari. It takes approximately 8hrs by road to cover 370 km. The idle time is at 07:30 hrs so that you can reach Kanyakumari by 4 pm and you can see the sunset. The route is via Madurai but before 24 km, you will be going by highway from Thirumangalam. There is also No sightseeing planned on the way to Kanyakumari. Arrival and transfer to the hotel. Experience your sunset at Kanyakumari. You can experience this in two places. Below are the details.
1) Observation (View) Tower:
About Observation (View) Tower Kanyakumari-
- The tourism department has constructed an observation tower to view the sunset or sunrise.
- The tower is approx 100 meters in height has a spiral constructed walkway without any steps so that all age groups people can go up to the top by walking.
- You have a 360-degree view of the sea and nearby places.
- The best place for photography, therefore, must-visit.
2) Sunset View Point:
About Sunset viewpoint of Kanyakumari:
- One can have a nice sunset view from this place which is located just walking distance from the Kanyakumari market.
- One of the best experiences during your Kanyakumari trip.
- You can walk from the city to this place or you can come by auto or your own transport.
- The authorities constructed adequate space and sitting arrangements where you can relax and see the sunset.
Note: Overnight at Hotel.
Important Tips for Thekkady to Kanyakumari Trip:
From Thekkady, you are traveling to Kanyakumari via Madurai but before 24 km, you will be going by a state highway. In case you want to visit Madurai, you can start at 7 am so that all the sightseeing is completed as per planning.
Day 5 : Kanyakumari to Kovalam
Early morning experience a memorable sunrise at the sunrise point. You can see the sunrise from the Kanyakumari beach, Kanyakumari pier, or even from your hotel. Early B/F at the hotel and proceed to Vivekananda rock to see the statue, Triveni Sangam, etc. Below is the Kanyakumari sightseeing we have planned.
1) Vivekananda rock:
What to Know About Vivekanand Rock Memorial-
- This place is attributed to the belief that Swamy Vivekananda who has attained enlightenment in this place.
- To visit Vivekananda rock, one needs to take a ferry from Kanyakumari Jetty to the rock which takes 5 mins.
- You can see a meditation hall constructed on the rock as a memorial to Swamy Vivekananda.
- On reaching the rock, you see Thiruvalluvar statue and Triveni Sangam.
2) Thiruvalluvar Statue:
Know About Thiruvalluvar Statue:
- This 133 ft tall stone statue is dedicated to famous Tamil poet Thiru Valluvar.
- This is constructed another rock island near to Vivekananda rock.
- Entry to this island is not available and you can best see this statue from Vivekananda rock.
3) Triveni Sangam:
Know About Triveni Sangam of Kanyakumari-
This is being called because, the Bay of Bengal, Arabian sea, Indian ocean join together here.
At 11:30 hours, departure for Kovalam. It takes 2.5 hrs drive to reach Kovalam. On the way, you can see a couple of sightseeing places and then reach Kovalam beach in the afternoon. You can also skip this sightseeing and go direct to Kovalam.
4) Suchindram Temple:
What to Know About Suchindram Temple:
- The temple is located in between Kanyakumari and Nagarcoil, therefore, it’s easy to visit this temple who are visiting Kanyakumari.
- The main importance of the temple is “Thrimoorthi” placed in one sanctum sanctorum.
- Therefore this temple is also called STHANUMALAYAN (Sthanu- Shiva, Maal- Vishnu, Ayan – Brahma).
- Two best things apart from the religious aspect are that the beautiful gopuram is 134ft height and a hanuman idol inside the temple is 18 ft in height.
- Though it’s a famous Lord Shiva temple, Hanuman is also a deity.
Travel Tips to Visit Suchindram Temple:
- You need to remove your shirt before entering the temple.
- Ladies can wear pants, churidar, or saree.
- Special or normal darshan is available.
Reach Kovalam by 3 pm, check-in Hotel, and leisure for some time. Afternoon visit Kovalam beach.
1) Vizhinjam Lighthouse:
About Vizhinjam Lighthouse-
- Kovalam lighthouse is also called a Vizinjam lighthouse is located on the beachside of Kovalam.
- The tower is constructed cylindrically with a total height of 118 ft and 187 ft height from mean sea level.
- One needs to use the lift and steps to reach the observatory deck to have a good view.
- One can experience a good view of Kovalam beach, lighthouse beach, and the beautiful Arabian Sea. One of the best places for good photography.
Travel Tips to Visit Vizhinjam Lighthouse-
- Payment by the entry fee. Domestic tourist Rs 20, senior citizen and children Rs 10, foreign tourists Rs 50.
- Entry is available from 10:00 hrs till 13:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs. Entry closes at 16:30 hrs.
- Closed on every Monday.
- Lift available from 1st floor to 3rd From the ground floor to 1st floor and 3rd floor to 4th floor you need to round shape steps to reach the top.
- Not advisable for people with knee problems.
- The best time to visit is in the morning at 10 am to avoid the rush in the evening. There will be too much rush during the weekend and holidays.
- Due to the menace of stray dogs, do not go alone for an early morning or evening walking on the beach.
2) Visit Marine Research Aquarium:
This is located in Vizinjam, just a few minutes’ walk from Lighthouse beach. A small aquarium displaying some precious collection of marine life. The entry fee is Rs 20 and used to close on Monday. Since there is nothing important, visit this if you have spare time.
3) Lighthouse beach:
About Lighthouse beach:
- The entire Kovalam is on the Arabian seaside so you go anywhere, you can experience the beach.
- But there are only two beaches called lighthouse beach and Hawa beach (also called as eve beach) where you can have activities like scuba diving, swimming, jet sky, etc.
Travel Tips to Visit Lighthouse Beach-
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hrs.
- During season or rush time, all the activities need to be booked in advance in case interested.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach shakers and umbrellas available from Rs 200 onwards.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- Washroom available but NO bathing arrangement available.
- It will be crowded with local tourists during holidays and weekends.
- In case your hotel is not nearby, carry your extra towel, changing clothes, etc.
4) Hawa Beach:
About Hawa Beach:
- Hawa beach – locally called Eves beach, is located just opposite the north side of the lighthouse beach.
- Hawa beach is a small black sand beach and not idle for swimming.
- This beach is overcrowded during weekend days by local tourists, no proper waste management by authorities, therefore, dirt is everywhere, fisherman keeps their items for the fishing like small wooden boats, diesel barrels, etc.
Note: We are recommending you skip this place or visit the beach during your holiday.
Travel Tips to Visit Hawa Beach-
- Restaurants are not available on this beach.
- Lifeguards monitoring system available.
- Only a few sunbed and umbrella rentals on this beach.
- Water sports like Jetski, speed boat, and catamaran drive available in the boat.
- The best time to visit is early morning or afternoon.
- No washroom or bathing arrangements on this beach.
- This beach is having a paid vehicle parking area where ladies washrooms available.
Kovalam beach activities:
Beach is having many activities like swimming in lighthouse beach, scuba diving, surfing, speed boat, etc. In case interested these activate can be booked on arrival. Some of the items like scuba diving, windsurfing, etc need training and during your weekend holiday days, it may not be possible.
Note: Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Day 6 : Kovalam to Alleppey
Today you are proceeding to Alleppey. It takes 5 hrs to cover 165 kms. We have not planned any sightseeing on the way from Kovalam to Alleppey. But in case you are interested, below are the sightseeing options available. You are checking out normally at 08:00 hrs but in case you need this sightseeing, we recommend you should start a little earlier.
1) Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple:
Important tips to Visit Padmanabhaswamy Temple:
Pants, Jeans, Bermuda, etc are not allowed inside. Gents need to remove the shirt and should wear Dhoti and ladies saree/churidar. In the case of churidar, Dhoti needs to wear over the churidar. Dhoti available in front of the temple shop for Rs 50 per piece onwards. Small wallets, cameras, mob phones, bags, etc are not allowed inside the temple.
- Morning – 03:30 hrs to 04:30 hrs, 06:30 hrs to 07:00 hrs, 08:30 hrs to 10:00 hrs & 10:30 hrs till 12:00 hrs.
- Evening – 17:00 hrs to 18:30 hrs and 18:45 hrs to 19:30 hrs.
Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple Tips-
- You can have a special darshan at Rs 250 for 2 adults. This is inclusive of offering thali with flowers and prasadam in return. Special darshan gives you access without any queue and may take an overall 20 mins.
- You need to keep all your belonging in the car or hotel before the entrance.
- Footwear keeping place available just outside the temple gate on payment.
- The idol inside the temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Ananda Sayana. The sanctum sanctorum has three doors. You need to start darshan from left to right side starting the face, hands with lotus, and legs.
- You need to have an hour to visit the temple.
- The only Hindus are allowed inside.
Trivandrum Travel Tips:
- In case you are visiting family with kids, there are many other sightseeing options available in Trivandrum. Magic Planet, Veli lake, and tourist village, Shangumugam beach, Neyyar wildlife sanctuary, the famous vax museum, etc are few where family and kids will enjoy. You can replace the present sightseeing with these (except Neyyar wildlife) or consider staying one more night in Trivandrum or Kovalam.
- If you are on a religious trip to Trivandrum, it’s recommended to stay in Trivandrum instead of Kovalam.
- The famous temples in Trivandrum are Sree Padmanabha Swamy temple, Pazavangadi Ganapathy Temple, Attukal Bhagavathi temple, Palkulangara Devi temple, etc.
2) Jatayu Earth’s Centre:
About Jatayu Earth’s Center-
- It is believed that Jatayu is an embodiment of valor and chivalry.
- Risking his life, he tried his best to save Sita from her abductor.
- Jatayu is a man-made sculpture constructed on a top of a hill.
- The statue is 200 ft long, 150 ft wide, and 70 ft tall.
- This has entered the Guinness book of records as the “largest functional bird statue”.
Jatayu Earth’s Centre Travel tips-
- The entry fee is approx Rs 500 per person including tax.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Approximate time to visit the sculpture and the museum is an hour and a half.
- One of the best places for photography.
Arrival at Alleppey and transfer to Hotel. Relax for some time. We have planned 3 hours private shikara trip today afternoon.
Experience Alleppey Backwaters by Private Shikara (3 hr Shikara Trip):
Your boarding is at Alleppey jetty at 1500hrs. During the three hrs shikkara trip, you will be visiting below the best small and big canals in Alleppey backwaters.
- Punnamada lake. This is the lake where the annual snake boat regatta is being conducted every year.
- SNDP Canal. You can see local villages, temples, etc while making a trip through this canal.
- Panakkal Thod and Muttethod. A very narrow canal where you can see the local villages, paddy fields, etc.
- Meenappally Kayal – a small lake in the middle of the beautiful Kainakari village. A good place for photography.
- Irumbanam Thod – Another narrow canal where you can see lots of local villages, paddy fields, etc.
- Vilakkumaram – This is an icon of old age time. This is the place where Maharaja of wresting while of Travancore kingdom established a Vilakkumaram (this is a word in Malayalam and the meaning is – “light on the tree” which gives direction for the boat which carries material in the night).
Note: Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Day 7 : Alleppey to Kochi
Today is the last day of your trip. Check out from Alleppey and proceed to Kochi. If you have time for short sightseeing, Fort Kochi sightseeing is highly recommended.
1) Fort Kochi:
Fort Kochi is a fishing village that becomes the first European township in India. The town shaped by Portuguese, the Dutch, and later the British.
2) Jewish Synagogue:
Constructed 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in the commonwealth. It is noted for its mid-18th century, hand-painted, willow-patterned floor tiles from Canton in China, a clock tower, Hebrew inscriptions on stone slabs, old scrolls of the Old Testament, etc.
3) Dutch Palace:
Built by Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja of Kochi, the palace was renovated by the Dutch in 1663.
4) Vasco da Gama Square / Chinese fishing nets:
The huge cantilevered fishing nets are the legacy of one of the first visitors to the Malabar Coast. Erected here between 1350 – 1450 AD by traders from the court of Kabul Khan. The best place to watch the nets being lowered into the sea and the catch being brought in is the Vasco da Gama Square.
5) Kodar House:
Constructed by Cochin Electric company in 1808 example of Indo-European architecture
Other attractions are Bolgaty palace, Pierce Leslie Bungalow, Santa Cruz Basilica, etc are located in the same area. After Fort Kochi sightseeing, you can go straightway to Kochi airport, which is approximately 45 mins drive in normal traffic. It may take up to 1.5 hrs during heavy traffic time.
Important Points to Know for Fort Kochi Visit-
- All the tourist entry points except Fort Kochi Beach will be closed down at 5 pm.
- Jewish synagogue will be closed on Fridays. But they now start opening after 2 pm on Fridays.
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday and Saturdays.
- In case your flight is at 15:00 hrs or before, this sightseeing is not possible.
Important Travel Tips:
- This is very suitable for that arrival and departure by Mangala Exp.
- If you want to select this package and customize it according to your choice of hotels, it’s possible.
- We have mentioned different sightseeing options which include some of the famous temples. In case you are not interested in visiting any particular sightseeing point or temple, we can modify this itinerary to suit your requirement.
- In case you want to add any other sightseeing places or destinations or temples, we can do the same for you. Please contact us.
- In case if you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service.
- If your arrival is in the afternoon or evening, its advisable to stay at Kochi and start your trip the next day morning.
- In case you reach early morning before 6 am, proceeding immediately to Munnar is not possible. It’s advisable to have a non-ac fresh up room for an hr or two for which a minimum of Rs 500 will be charged extra.
- Minimum 2 nights stay at Munnar required to have a relaxing trip and to see most of the good places. If you are staying only 1 night, then you just get a half-day to enjoy the place.
- Alleppey backwater experience is by shikara boat. You can change this to a houseboat with extra cost.
- This is a private trip for the booking guest and not shared with any other guest. Some of the common sightseeing is on sharing basis like boating in Periyar wildlife, Rajamali national park, etc.
Shopping Options in Kerala:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops located at Munnar, Thekkady, and Trivandrum.
- Coffee & tea – The best available place is shopping at Munnar.
- Spices – All types of spices are cheaper in Thekkady shops rather than Munnar.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Want to Reduce Package Cost? Below are the Tips:
Below are the eight tips as to how you can reduce this package price.
- Travel as a group. Try to travel as a group like two couples or three couples; this will reduce the price considerably.
- Reduce the taxi costs. As per the above program, your approximate taxi charges will be 15500. You can use this taxi till the houseboat and the next day you can go to Trivandrum by train from Alleppey. This will reduce the taxi charges.
- Use similar hotels. If you choose a similar hotel outside of the main center, it will reduce the price. Some of the travel agents like Travel Triangle use hotels located outside the main city or hotels which does not locate on a proper tourist place to reduce the cost.
- Instead of staying in Kovalam, you can stay in Trivandrum to reduce the cost as Kovalam hotels are costlier during seasons. You can choose a conducted tour for Trivandrum and Kovalam local sightseeing.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury|
|Munnar 2 night||Bell Mount Or GlenMore resort||Hotel C7 OR Misty Mountain Resort||Aranyaka Resort||Tall Trees OR Tea country|
|Thekkady 1 night||Sandra Palace OR Hostess||Summit Hampton Or Jungle Park||Tree Top Or Wood Note||Mountain Court Yard Or Forest Canopy|
|Kanyakumari 1 night||Temple city||Sun Word||Hotel Sea view||Sparsa|
|Kovalam 1 night||Hawa Beach Reort Or Ocean Bay||Sagara beach resort Or Soma Palm Shore OR Neelakanda||Hotel Samudra Or Port Palace||Udaya Samudra|
|Alleppey 1 night||Kalappurakal Homestay||Arcadia Regency||Lake Haven Resort||Lake Canopy|
|Cost for 2 adults 1 room With sedan ac car||Rs 39500||Rs 46700||Rs 49700||Rs 68200|
|Cost for 4 adults 2 rooms AC Tavera or Maruti Ertica car||Rs 72600||Rs 77800||Rs 90200||Rs 119600|
|Additional Cost for child 6- 11 yrs without Bed||Rs 3750||Rs 3750||Rs 5900||Rs 9500|
|Adult with Extra bed||Rs 5650||Rs 5650||Rs 8000||Rs 12100|
Tour Cost Includes
- A/c Accommodation except for Hill Station (Munnar &Thekkady) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
There is no B/F on the day of arrival.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Child below 5 yrs sharing same bed with parents will be complementarity.
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 10 am.
- The driver is available from Morning am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- In case of arrival early morning before 6 am, additional charges will be applicable for the car.
- Non-ac fresh up room for an hour, if required, in case of your arrival is before 6 am.
- All the applicable taxes
- Boating in Periyar wildlife sanctuary.
- Plantation tour in Thekkady.
- Kathakali and Kalaripayattu show at Munnar or Thekkady.
- 3 hours Private shikara trip at Alleppey.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children upto the age of 5 yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport, Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guests will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.