Overview of 2 Nights 3 Days Marari Beach Alleppey Houseboat Tour Package:
These three days of tour cover a stay in Aleppey houseboat and Mararikulam beach. This tour package is idle for those who have a short time and prefer much less travel and for honeymooners also. Other details about the Marari beach Alleppey tour package regarding details of destination, schedule, price, etc are given below.
If you are on Kerala Tour, you must visit Alleppey. This place is popular for Houseboat and backwaters trip. Tourists coming here from all over the world. Get a complete guide about Alleppey Houseboat.
Marari beach is a primary tourist destination of Mararikulam. Get more details about Marari beach.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival By Train or Bus-
- Since the trip is starting from Aleppey, Aleppey railway station or the Bus stand is the most suitable place to reach.
2) Departure by Train/Bus-
- Mararikulam or Alleppey or Chertala railway station is the most suitable place for departure.
Arrival and Departure time:
1) Arrival time-
- Since your trip starts at 10 am at Alleppey, you can reach the Alleppey bus stand or railway station before 1130hrs.
2) Departure time-
- Your departure time can be any time after 12 pm.
Day 1 : Alleppey Houseboat
Your arrival is at Alleppey Railway station or Bus stand. On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to the Houseboat.
1 Night Alleppey Houseboat Trip Plan-
- The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit the best canals in and around Aleppey. Your boarding is at 12:00 hours from Alleppey Jetty.
- Check-in Houseboat at 12:00 hours and houseboat make a trip through the best canals in Alleppey.
From 12:00 hours to 17:30 hours, the houseboat makes a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Punnamada Kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the smallest canal on this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150 ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal
- 13:30 hours Lunch at Meenappalli Kayal – a small lake in the middle of Alleppey backwaters.
- 14:30 hours – Post lunch trip starts till 17:30 hours. Houseboat makes a trip through some of the beautiful villages in Alleppey. These are Kainakari Village and Kuttithod and boat reach a place called Kuttamangalam.
We provide a 1-hour country boat to experience the narrow canal called Kuttamangalam canal where the houseboat cannot make a trip. This 1-hour trip gives breathtaking scenic beauty of the local village, paddy field, etc. After an hour of this country boat trip, the houseboat starts moving towards its final location for a halt. The boat halts between 17:30 hours and 18:00 hours for overnight stay.
Evening Options and Activities at Houseboat:
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing road and you will surely get small fishes).
- The houseboat is having a TV and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own music and songs on a pen drive to make your stay more comfortable.
Things to Know About Houseboat:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you are reaching very late, all boats booked through Srees Tours will not stop for Lunch.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- The houseboat menu is inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have the option of visiting a local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boatman will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where the houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- This program is possible only if the guest check-in at 12pm. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 3 rooms and the top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hours and at 22:00 hours the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check-in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 hours.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie checks out at 7 am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check-in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9 am the next day is not possible since the boat is having another check-in at 12 pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check-in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending the trip till 6 pm and the next day till 0945-1000hrs in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting-place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Requests like a sunset cruise, park houseboat to view the sunset, night halt in the middle of the lake or river, change location, etc will not be entertained.
Day 2: Alleppey to Marari Beach
Get up early morning and have a nice sunrise in houseboat. (this depends upon the climate and not available for all the bookings).
The boat starts at 08:00 hours and finally drop at 09:00 hours at Alleppey Jetty. During this one hr time, the boat makes a trip through Chithira lake and the Vembanadu lake which is the biggest freshwater lake in Kerala. Check out from Houseboat. Have b/f, check out and proceed to Marari Beach. Its just half an hr drive and check-in the hotel. Relax and leisure at Marari Beach.
Marari Beach Activities:
About Marari Beach:
- Marari beach is a clean and neat beach where you can stay and relax for some time.
- One thing you should keep in mind that adventure activity and beach activities are not available here. You can only do swimming here.
- In Marari, you will find some good massage centers where you can take a traditional ayurvedic massage.
Travel Tips to Visit Marari Beach:
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hours.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach chairs, umbrellas, shakers are available on rent from Rs 200 onwards for half and full day.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- NO public washroom or bathing arrangement available on the beach. You can get this facility on payment from any of the homestay located on the beach.
Note: Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Day 3 : Marari Beach – Mararikulam or Alleppey rly station
Today is your last day of the trip. Check out from the hotel and proceed to Kochi airport or a suitable railway station or bus stand. Check out of the hotel is at 12 pm. In case of your train or flight in the evening, you can check out from the hotel, keep the luggage’s in the lobby, and relax on the beach. Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you want to come to Kochi airport and look at booking this package, the taxi charges from Airport Alleppey and from Marari beach to Airport will be extra. Your arrival time should be before
- In case your train is not coming to Alleppey railway station, you can choose Changanacherry railway station also.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- In case you are reaching early morning, you need to have a fresh up room as the houseboat check-in is at 12pm. The same will cost an extra approx Rs 500/600.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize it as per your choices, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- We have planned this trip starting from Houseboat due to a couple of reasons. The first reason is in case the houseboat is on the last day, you need to check out compulsory at 09:00 hours and the whole day is nothing to do except a few places of sightseeing. Since your hotel is on the second day, you can check out the last day by 12 pm and can be extended further if the room is available. But the extension depends on the hotel’s decision.
What to buy on this Tour?
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below. You can buy these items from Alleppey city as there are very limited shopping options available in Marari.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Mararikulam.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips to Reduce Cost of Package:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- Choose a sharing houseboat instead of a private houseboat. Read more about things to take care of while book shared boat.
- Instead of the houseboat, stay in a backwater resort and experience canals by a canoe (shikara) trip.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing the same sedan ac car. This will reduce the price.
- The hotels we have given are located in a proper place. If you choose a hotel which is not in the main area it will reduce the cost.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury Option II|
|Houseboat 1 night||1 bed room Private Deluxe Houseboat AC||1 bed room Private Deluxe Houseboat AC||Private 1 bed room Luxury full time ac houseboat Fully glass covered Mosquito free.|
|Marari Beach 1 night||Marari Beach Villas||Marari Beach Village Or Abad Turtle beach resort||La Page Mararikulam|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room with Sedan ac car||Rs 13900||Rs 18500||Rs 26200|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms with ertiga ac car||Rs 12900||Rs 32700||Rs 45600|
|Child Charges Up to 10 years without bed||Rs 1100||Rs 2000||Rs 3150|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 2150||Rs 3150||Rs 3150|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with one Breakfast.
- AC sedan car for upto 3 adults and mini Suv Maruti Ertiga or Tavera car for 4 adults.
- Car is available only for transfers and not at disposal.
- 1 Bedroom Private houseboat with all meals.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 11 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
- Cruise time from 12:00 hours to 17:30 hours with a 1-hour lunch break. Next day trip from 08:00 hours to 09:00 hours.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea and snacks, Dinner, and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- The menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time: Deluxe and premium: 21:00 hours to 07:00 hours.
- Luxury: 24 hours AC
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.