Overview of 1 Night 2 Days Alleppey Marari Beach Tour Package:
A short weekend trip to Kerala and experience the famous Alleppey backwaters and enjoy the best calm and quiet Marari beach. This package includes a backwater experience by a canoe in Alleppey and overnight stay in a homestay or resort in Marari beach. As per this program, you will be visiting Kumarakom village and canals by a 3 hours canoe ride starting at 10:00 hours and then proceeding to Marari beach. Other details about the Alleppey Marari beach tour regarding destination, tour itinerary, and costing are given below.
Read details about Marari beach.
If you are on the Kerala tour, you must travel to Alleppey backwaters. Read more details about Alleppey backwaters.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & departure
- Train or Bus – Suitable arrival is Alleppey Railway station. Departure can be from Chertala, Marari, or from Alleppey.
Arrival and Departure Time:
- Your Alleppey backwater canoe start at 10 am, therefore, your arrival at Alleppey should be anytime before 09:00 am.
- Your departure can be any time after 12 pm since there is no sightseeing planned on the last day.
Day 1: Alleppey Houseboat to Marari Beach
On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Alleppey. We will arrange a fresh up room in case required before starting your canoe trip.
3 hours Private Shikara Trip in Alleppey Backwaters:
Your canoe trip starts at 10:00 hours and the trip is through the best canals of Alleppey which includes villages, paddy fields, etc. Any type of food or snacks even mineral water is not included during the trip. Below are the places visiting during the canoe trip.
- Punnamada lake. This is the lake where the annual snake boat regatta is being conducted every year.
- SNDP Canal. You can see local villages, temples, etc while making a trip through this canal.
- Panakkal Thod and Muttethod. A very narrow canal where you can see the local villages, paddy fields, etc.
- Meenappally Kayal – a small lake in the middle of the beautiful Kainakari village. A good place for photography.
- Irumbanam Thod – Another narrow canal where you can see lots of local villages, paddy fields, etc.
- Vilakkumaram – This is an icon of old age time. This is the place where Maharaja of wresting while of Travancore kingdom established a Vilakkumaram (this is a word in Malayalam and the meaning is – “light on the tree” which gives direction for the boat which carries material in the night).
Travel Tips About Houseboat:
- The canoe is a small wooden country boat that is covered from the top and operated by an inboard engine.
- The boat is having comfortable seating arrangements. Washroom, food, etc are not being supplied in the boat.
Check out from Canoe by 13:00 hours and proceed to Marari beach. You can have lunch at Alleppey city and then proceed to Marari as there are limited options for restaurants available in Marari. Arrival at Marari and transfer to the resort. Afternoon enjoys the beach and leisure at the beach resort.
Mararikulam Beach Activities:
We have mentioned that Marari Beach is the best beach for its neat and clean and those who love to relax some time to stay here. There is No adventure activities or beach activities available except swimming and enjoying the beach. You can also go for traditional ayurvedic massage in any of the massage centers in Marari.
Travel Tips to Visit Marari Beach-
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hours.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach chairs, sunbed, and umbrellas available on rent from Rs 200 onwards for half and full day.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- No public washroom or bathing arrangement available on the beach. You can get this facility on payment from any of the homestay located on the beach.
Day 2: Marari Beach
Today is the last day of your weekend trip. Normal check out from the hotel is at 12 pm. Check out and drop at a convenient railway station or bus stand. In case your flight or train is leaving the afternoon or late evening, you can check out and keep your luggage in a resort and spent time on the beach till your departure. Since your last day is totally free, you can explore below sightseeing options which will cost extra. Drop at an appropriate place and tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- In case of your arrival at Kochi airport or Ernakulam railway station, taxi charges from Kochi to Alleppey and Mararikulam to Kochi airport will be extra.
- If you are coming by early morning a non-ac fresh up room will be arranged.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 12 pm. In case you are going back by evening, you can check out and keep the luggage in the lobby, enjoy the beach and proceed back by evening.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize as per your choices of hotels or resorts, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- There is NO veg restaurants available on Marari beach and you need to depend on the hotel where you are staying for this.
- Holiday on any beach in Kerala is not idle during monsoon from Jun to Aug.
- Taxi given is just for transfers only and not available at disposal.
Shopping at this Tour:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below. You can buy these items from Alleppey city as there are very limited shopping options available in Marari.
- Banana Chips – If you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Mararikulam.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips for Budget Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing the same sedan ac car. This will reduce the price.
- The hotels we have given are located in a proper place. If you choose a hotel which is not in the main area it will reduce the cost.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury Option II|
|Marari Beach 1 night||Marari Beach Villas||Marari Beach Village Or Abad Turtle beach resort||La Page Mararikulam|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room with Sedan ac car||Rs 8800||Rs 12900||Rs 14800|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms with ertica ac car||Rs 12600||Rs 20700||Rs 23600|
|Child Charges Up to 10 years without bed||Rs 700||Rs 900||Rs 1200|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 1250||Rs 1250||Rs 2200|
Tour Cost Includes:
- Non-ac fresh up room on arrival without B/F./li>
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with one Breakfast./li>
- AC sedan car for upto 3 adults and mini Suv Maruti Ertiga or Tavera car for 4 adults. /li>
- 3 hrs canoe trip at Aleppey backwaters./li>
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)./li>
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 11 am./li>
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.