Overview of 3 Nights 4 Days Kerala Trip:
Chilling in a cool climate in Munnar and swim in the warm water of the Arabian Sea – this package can be narrated like this. During the weekend trip, this package covers the top-rated hill station in Kerala – Munnar and fourth-best beach – Cherai beach. The advantage of this package is less traveled on the road while connecting two destinations. It’s just a 3.5 hours drive to connect Munnar with Cherai. Other details about 4 days Kerala trip like destination, schedule, package price, etc are given below.
Munnar is one of the best hill stations in Kerala. If you are on the Kerala tour you should not miss this enchanting tourist destination. Get detailed information about Munnar.
Cherai beach is one of the best beaches in Kerala and located near Kerala. It takes 30 minutes to drive from Kochi. Here you can do many beach activities and enjoy your holidays.
How to Reach:
Arrival & departure
- The most suitable arrival by flight is Kochi (Cochin) airport.
- The most suitable arrival by train is Aluva Rly station. All the trains have a stop at Aluva.
- By interstate bus. Your most suitable arrival should be at Aluva bus stand and you can depart from Munnar. If you do not have any suitable bus, you can still come back to Aluva for departure.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Hotel check-in time is 12 noon (upto 3-star hotels) therefore, you can come any time before.
- If you are coming by early morning, since the check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up can be arranged and will be charged additionally. In case rooms available at the hotel, they will provide the rooms earliest by 10 am.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 5 pm.
3 Highlights of this Tour Package:
- Well experienced behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- One Kathakali and Kalaripayattu entry is included either at Munnar.
- One plantation tour.
Day 1: Kochi airport / Aluva rly station or Bus stand
On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Cherai beach. Check-in Hotel. Leisure at the resort. Since the beach is very close to where you are staying, you can go to the beach and enjoy it.
Cherai Beach Activities:
If you want to do any beach activities during the trip to Cherai, below are the details.
1) Adventure and fun rides –
- water sports center available in Cherai.
- We recommend you only fun rides or activities which include banana ride, lay low ride, kneeboard, kayaking single or double, bumper ride, speed boat ride, etc.
- They also have catamaran ride, windsurfing, water ski, and scuba diving which required pre-training.
2) Swimming in the beach –
- you can go up to 50 meters inside in selected places.
3) Munambam –
- This place is famous for fishing. Just carry fishing gear and bite with you.
Cherai backwater has a country boat or peddles boat rides available.
4) Ayurveda treatment –
- There are many authentic ayurvedic centers where you can go for treatment.
Note: Overnight stay in Cherai beach.
Important Beach Tips:
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hours.
- During season or rush time, all the activities need to be booked in advance in case interested.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- NO washroom or bathing arrangement available on the beach.
- It will be crowded with local tourists during holidays and weekends.
Note: Overnight stay in Cherai beach.
Day 2: Cherai beach to Munnar
Today morning you will be traveling to Munnar which is 170 kms and it takes 3.5 hours to 4 hours. We recommend you start by 8 am so that you can see some of the sightseeing on the way and reach Munnar by noon. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non-veg restaurants. These restaurants provide additional services like free restrooms. On the way, you can see below waterfalls. You can spend some time there and then proceed to Munnar.
1) Cheeyappara Waterfalls:
About Cheeyappara waterfalls:
- This is located on the Kochi – Munnar highway on the left side of the road.
- A good place to have photos, but no bathing is allowed as rocks used to slippery.
- No entry fee or parking fee that needs to be given.
- There are couples of small shops selling local food items.
- 15-20 mins halt is recommended.
2) Valara Waterfalls:
About Valara waterfalls:
- After Cheeyappara you can see another waterfall on the right side.
- You cannot see this nearby.
- We do not recommend even a photo stop as this is not so important waterfalls.
After the sightseeing, you can proceed directly to your hotel. If you do not want to go direct to Munnar hotel and need some sightseeing or activities, we recommend Dreamland Fun Park. Since its a little bit far off, we suggest you go this fist and then to Hotel for check-in. You can also see Kerala martial art (Kalaripayattu) and art form (Kathakali) today evening since there is enough time.
1) Dreamland Fun & Adventure Park:
About Dreamland Fun & Adventure Park:
- This is located 16 km away from Munnar a place called Anachal.
- This park is suitable for all the tourists especially honeymoon couples and family and kids.
- They have may activities for kids and adults separately.
- Kids will surely enjoy Trampoline and trampoline bungee jump and pedal boating.
- There are many activities for adults are available like horse riding, camel ride, hunting game, free fall, Burma bridge, hanging bridge, commando net, and many more.
- All these are with complete security in international standards.
- Entry fee starting from Rs 1000 and you can also choose different packages which cost you more.
- It takes a minimum of 2 hours to complete the activities.
Dreamland visiting tips-
- Check their web site and see the activities. In case you are not interested, intimate the same in advance to the driver. This will save you time money.
- Ensure you should have good shoes in case you are going for any activities.
- Better to avoid during monsoon from Jun to mid of Aug.
- Restaurant available inside the dreamland.
- In case your arrival is midday or afternoon, you need to skip visiting this place as there is no time left.
2) About Kathakali and Kalaripayattu:
Image Showing Kathakali Artform
- Kathakali is a famous art form and Kalaripayattu is a martial art of Kerala.
- In most of the tourist destinations in Kerala, this kind of stage performance in an auditorium is conducted.
- There are two performance centers in Munnar.
- Punarjani which is located a little bit outside is the best one.
Image Showing Kalaripayattu Martial Art
- Both these performances are of an hour each which started at 17:00 hours and ending at 19:00 hours.
- The entry fee is Rs 300 per person for each show.
Note: Check-in Hotel and overnight in a stay at Munnar.
Day 3: Munnar
Today we have planned a full day sightseeing of Munnar. Since there is just one day for the whole sightseeing, we suggest you keep the timing. B/F at the hotel and start the latest by 09:00 hrs.
First half day we plan to cover all the sightseeing from Munnar town to Top station which includes Rose garden, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Kundala Lake, and Top Station.
However, we will be doing this on the reverse order as visiting Top Station or Kundala Dam is best during early or morning hours. It takes approximately 50 mins to reach the top station from Munnar town.
1) Top Station – One of the Best Tourist Places of Munnar:
About Top Station-
- Located at 6410 ft MSL, Top Station is the second-highest elevated place in the whole Munnar.
- It takes approximately 45 mins to cover 18 kms from Munnar town.
- The interesting story of Top Station is that the British built a railway line running from Chaya Bazar (near present Munnar town) to Drop Station (present Top Station).
- The train used to carry the tea leaves collected in the whole Munnar to Drop Station and from there by a cable car to down below the processing center.
- You can see the remains of this cable car at Top Station even now.
- Visiting top station, you will get the best experience with regard to the view of mountains towards Kulukkumali, fog, mist, and chilled climate Interestingly, the top station is not in Kerala but located in Tamil Nadu.
- We need to cross 1 km into Tamil Nadu state to reach this place.
Travel Tips to Visit Top Station-
- It opens at 06:00 hrs and closes at 17:00 hrs.
- An entry fee of Rs 25 for adults, Children Rs 15 and Rs 10 for foreigners will be charged.
- Those who have knee problems, heart diseases, breathing problems, and kids below 6 yrs should avoid this place as it involves too much walking by steps.
- We should have good shoes.
- The best time to visit is early morning or before 10 am.
- Should be avoided during monsoon ie from Jun to mid of Aug.
- If you are planning to visit Kolukkumali, Top station visits can be avoided.
- Handicapped persons, pregnant ladies, and wheel chairpersons cannot access this place.
2) Kundala Dam – Beautiful Dam in Munnar:
About Kundala Dam-
- Kundala Dam was constructed for Pallivasal Hydro Electric Project in 1946 and considered to be Asia’s No 1 arch dam.
- This place is located between Top Station and Munnar town, therefore, it is easy for visiting.
- Considered as one of the best scenic spots for photography, you can also have activities like a pedal boat, speed boat, or shikara kind of trip available in the lake.
Travel Tips to Visit Kundala Dam-
- Irrespective of any restrictions, tourists from all walks of life can access this place.
- Entry to this place is free. In case you want to have some activities like boating in lake, horse riding, etc, all these are available here which is chargeable.
- If you are doing any boating activity in any other lake in Munnar, this can be avoided.
- It takes hardly 15-20 mins here to experience, in case you do not need any other activities.
3) Echo Point: Best Place for Photography in Munnar:
About Echo Point-
- This is nothing much important about this place.
- If you make a loud noise, your voice will return to you as you have a big hill just opposite of you after the lake.
- But more than that, this is one of the best places to have a photo of the lake close by.
- Entry to this place is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 20 per person.
4) Visit Beautiful Tea Plantations in Munnar:
About Tea Plantation:
- On the way to Top station or while coming back to the city, you can see very scenic tea plantations.
- In case you want to visit, see or want to have photos, you can do this.
- There is no entry fee or charges need to pay.
- You should know that the whole Munnar is tea plantations and you can get good photos not necessarily from one particular place, but anywhere in Munnar.
5) Mattupetty Dam – Must Visit Tourist Spot in Munnar:
About Mattupetty Dam-
- Mattupetty dam is located 13 km away from Munnar city towards Top station and it takes 20 mins to drive by road.
- Mattupetty can be narrated like a confluence of mountain, lake, and greenery.
- You will get the best photos and some breathtaking moments of your holiday. Unlike Kundala, Mattupetty made elaborate arrangements for tourist comfort.
- It has a washroom, tourist facilitation center where coffee shop, snack bar, cowboy park, children park with swing, speed boat in the lake, etc available.
- The best experience of Mattupetty is first to go to the boating center or tourist facilitation center, if interested do the boating and come to the dam and take some of the best photos.
Travel Tips to Visit Mattupetty Dam-
- Try to walk from Kundala to Mattupetty dam and you can see tallest blue gum trees, in case you have time.
- You can skip in case you are coming from a place where there are lots of lakes and mountains.
- This place is accessible for all irrespective of handicapped or wheelchaired.
- Very good place for family with kids outing.
- This place is best for a small shopping for handicrafts and souvenirs.
- There are no restaurants available but hot noodles and local snacks are available. During holidays, weekends, and tourist season, this place is jam-packed. You may need to wait up to an hr to get boating tickets or Parking car.
- Take beautiful photos of the Mattupetty dam. After the boating travel to the dam, come out of the car from one end of the dam and walk to other ends. You can take good photos from the middle as vehicles are not allowed to park on the dam.
6) Rose Garden:
About Rose Garden-
- This is a kind of botanical garden maintained by the KTDC Floriculture Centre.
- Not only Roses but different varieties of flowers are available and a good place to have memorable photos.
- This garden is located 5 kms away on the top station roadside and entry is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 50 per person.
Travel Tips to Visit Rose Garden-
- Since there are steps, handicapped or wheelchaired persons advised not to visit this place.
- A washroom facility is available for the public.
- You can buy favorite plants from the rose garden.
We expect this is over by 13:00 hrs and an hour lunch break is available. There are many veg or non-veg restaurants available in Munnar city. Post lunch you can visit Munnar town for shopping or leisure at your resort and enjoy Munnar climate.
Note: Overnight stay in Munnar
Day 4: Munnar to Kochi
Today is your last day. Either you can visit Rajamali national park on the previous day and you can take relax today. Rajamali visiting details are below.
Eravikulam National Park – Sanctuary of Nilgiri Tahr:
About Eravikulam National Park-
- Eravikulam national park having an area of 97 sq km is the first national park in Kerala.
- The Park protects endemic and endangered Nilgiri Tahr, a rare species of mountain goat, and its habitat.
- The park has the largest stretch of undisturbed shoal-grassland ecosystems in the western ghats.
- Anamudi which is 2695 meters in height is the highest peak south of Himalayas is located within this park.
- Before becoming a National Park, the area is the hunting reserve of the colonial tea planters.
- It takes approximately 30 mins drive to the entry point.
- On reaching the entry point, you need to show the online booking details or you can buy the tickets from this counter itself.
- From the ticket counter till the entry gate of Eravikulam, it’s almost 20 mins in a minibus which is being provided by the park.
- On reaching the entry points, you need to walk steep pathways for almost 40 mins to see the Nilgiri Tahr and Anamudi Peak.
- This is also a good place to have good mountain photographs.
Travel Tips to Visit Eravikulam National Park-
- Book your tickets online.
- Entry ticket is Rs 125 for domestic tourists and Rs 400 for foreigners.
- Best time to visit in the early morning or afternoon.
- No food or water bottles allowed.
- The washroom is available for both gents and ladies.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Cafeteria and snack bar available at the waiting place.
- To see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi peak, you need to hike approximately 40 mins. Those who have breathing problems should avoid this.
- Carry raincoat in rainy seasons. Umbrella is a must for all seasons.
- This park is closed during Feb and Mar for breeding and calving every year.
- Max 2 hours required to complete the visit in case there is no rush.
By the time you visit this park, it may be afternoon. You can come to Munnar town for small shopping. Departure for your hotel and check-in.
Travel Tips to Visit Munnar:
- On the way from Kochi to Munnar, we have included Valera and Cheeyappara waterfalls. Since these falls depend on raining water, these falls may be dry during summertime or if there is no rain.
- Dreamland – visit only if you are interested. If you already had been too good amusement parks, you can skip this.
- In case you are skipping Dreamland, you can go to Munnar city for a visit.
- We recommend you to visit the art center on Day 1 as you may not get time for the second day.
- During the tourist season, weekend and holidays, there will be a huge rush due to local guests. Sometimes this leads to a terrific traffic block and may trap for a couple of hrs. Therefore, ensure that you keep the timing mentioned in this program.
- The above program is not possible in case your hotel is too far off of Munnar like Adimali, Chinnakanal, Eeticity, Anachal, Kunjithanni, But SreesTours select and provide hotels which are located within Munnar only. Please go here to know where to stay in Munnar.
- If your trip is during Feb or Mar when the Eravikulam park is closed, you can visit a tea factory, Lockhart gap viewpoint, etc.
- All these programs may disrupt in case there is heavy rain. Visiting Top station or Eravikulam, during heavy monsoon is not possible.
- Apart from Hotels, there is a variety of other stay options available like Tree House, private pool villa, jacuzzi, and bathtub rooms, honeymoon cottage, resorts with a view to the tea plantation, tent, and camp stay.
- Apart from the standard sightseeing program mentioned above, you can also experience attractions or activities in Munnar. We recommend staying more days to experience all these.
- Sunrise at Top station.
- Off-road Jeep safari.
- Guided soft hiking of 2 hrs or hard hiking of 4 hrs and visit beautiful mountains, grasslands, and tea plantation.
- Guided hiking and camping in Swiss tents
11. This is the best place to buy Tea and coffee at a reasonable price.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you want to select this package and customize it according to your choice of hotels, it’s possible.
- We have mentioned different sightseeing options. In case you are not interested in visiting any particular sightseeing point, we can modify this itinerary to suit your requirement.
- In case you want to add any other sightseeing or a religious temple tour, we can do the same for you. Please contact us.
- In case if you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service.
- If your arrival is in the afternoon or evening, either you can start the trip from Cherai Beach or advised to stay at Kochi and start your trip the next day morning.
- In case you reach early morning before 6 am, proceeding immediately to Munnar is not possible. It’s advisable to have a Non-ac fresh up room for an hr or two for which a minimum of Rs 500 will be charged extra.
- Minimum 2 nights stay at Munnar required to have a relaxing trip and to see most of the good places. If you are staying only 1 night, then you just get a half-day to enjoy the place.
- You can also start this package on a reverse order without any increase in prices.
- This is a private trip for the booking guest and not shared with any other guest. Some of the common sightseeing is on sharing basis like Rajamali national park etc.
Things to buy during this Tour:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops located at Munnar.
- Coffee & tea – The best available place is shopping at Munnar.
- Spices – All types of spices are cheaper in Thekkedy shops rather than Munnar.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended and are available all over Kerala.
Tips to Reduce the Package Cost:
Below are the six tips as to how you can reduce this package price.
- Travel as a group. Try to travel as a group like two couples or three couples; this will reduce the price considerably.
- Use similar hotels. If you choose a similar hotel outside of the main center, it will reduce the price. These are the hotels located in Eitti city, Anachal, Chithirapuram, Kunjithanni, etc.
- Instead of staying in Kumarakom, you can visit Kumarakom after Munnar and stay in Kochi to reduce the cost as Kumarakom is very expensive compare to all other destinations.
- Instead of staying at Cherai beach, you can stay in Kochi city to reduce the cost as Cherai hotels are a little costlier than city hotels. Since its too close to Kochi, you can visit Cherai beach. More details about the Cherai beach package from Kochi.
- Travel by local bus. Normally this is being used by backpackers and budget guests. On arrival, Aluva to Cherai and Cherai to Munnar by local bus.- this will reduce your cost.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Tour Package Cost:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury|
|Cherai Beach 1 night||Mare Blue Resort Or Cherai Beach Residency||Blue Waters Cherai||Cherai Beach resort||Sea Lagoon|
|Munnar 2 nights||Bell Mount Or Green Ridge||Hotel C 7 Or Misty Mountain resort||Aranyaka Resort OR Lake View||Tall Trees OR Tea county|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room with sedan AC Car||Rs 15900||Rs 20800||Rs 22300||Rs 31800|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms with AC Tavera or Maruti ertica mini suv.||Rs 25700||Rs 35600||Rs 37600||Rs 55500|
|Child Charges Between 6-10 yrs without bed||Rs 1800||Rs 1800||Rs 3800||Rs 4500|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 2850||Rs 2850||Rs 3800||Rs 7500|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation except for Hill Station (Munnar) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- Private shikara for a 3 hrs backwater trip.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- The driver is available from Morning 7 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- Entry for Kathakali and Kalaripayattu at Munnar or Thekkady.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages does not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport, Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.