Overview of 1 Night 2 Days Cherai Beach Weekend Trip:
Those who want to relax during a weekend in any of the beach destinations in Kerala, that too without any much travel on the road, we recommend Cherai beach. Cherai is the third best beach in Kerala after Kovalam and Mararikulam and if you are on a short holiday, you should choose this due to the below reasons. See more details about the Cherai beach trip.
- Just 40 mins drive from Kochi airport and most of the flights to Kochi are cheaper than Trivandrum.
- Kochi city, in case you need shopping, is just 30 mins drive.
- Most of the resorts are on the beach.
- Cherai is also famous for its backwaters, in case you need to do boating in the backwaters, this is possible.
- Cherai beach is idle for swimming except for monsoon time. You can get into the water upto 50 meters.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & departure-
- The nearest airport is Kochi (Cochin) which is just 45 mins drive.
- Train or interstate bus. Aluva is the best suitable railway station or bus stand where you can come which is also just 45 mins drive.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Hotel check-in time is 12 noon (upto 3-star hotels) therefore, you can come any time before.
- If you are coming by early morning, since the check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up can be arranged and will be charged additionally. In case rooms available at the hotel, they will provide the rooms earliest by 10 am.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 12 pm.
More Travel Tips:
- If you want to select this package and want to customize as per your choices of hotels or resorts, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
Day 1: Cherai Beach
On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Cherai beach. Check-in Hotel.
Leisure at the resort.
Cherai Beach Activities:
If you want to do any beach activities during the trip to Cherai, below are the details.
1) Adventure and fun rides:
There is a water sports center available in Cherai. Since this center is having many activities, we recommend you only fun rides or activities which include banana ride, lay low ride, kneeboard, kayaking single or double, bumper ride, speed boat ride, etc. They also have catamaran ride, windsurfing, water ski, and scuba diving which required pre-training.
2) Swimming on the beach:
you can go up to 50mtr inside in selected places.
if you would like to go fishing, this place is very famous. You need to bring the fishing gear and bite.
- Cherai backwater has a country boat or peddles boat rides available.
4) Ayurveda treatment:
there are many authentic ayurvedic centers where you can go for treatment.
Important Beach Tips:
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hours.
- During season or rush time, all the activities need to be booked in advance in case interested.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- NO washroom or bathing arrangement available on the beach.
- It will be crowded with local tourists during holidays and weekends.
- In case your hotel is not nearby; carry your extra towel, changing clothes, etc.
Day 2: Cherai to Kochi airport / Aluva Railway station or Bus stand
Today is the last day of your weekend trip. Normal check out from the hotel is at 12 pm. Check out and drop at Aluva railway station / Bus stand or Kochi airport. In case your flight or train is leaving the afternoon or late evening, you can check out and keep your luggage in the resort and spent time on the beach till your departure. Since your last day is totally free, you can explore below sightseeing options which will cost extra.
1) Fort Kochi & Kochi-
- Fort Kochi is a 30 mins drive and you can have a full day sightseeing and shopping.
2) Athirapally waterfalls-
- Athirapally is 53 kms and it takes 1.40 mins drive. After your visit, Kochi airport is an hr drive and in case you are going back by train or bus, you can go back from Chalakudy railway station or bus stand. We have already listed such a package. Know detail about the Cherai beach Athirapally package.
3) Guruvayur temple –
- Temple is 62 kms away and it takes 1.45 hours by road. Return to the airport is 80 kms and it takes 2 hours by road. In case you are going back by train or bus, Thrissur is the nearest and it takes 30 mins to drive by road.
4) Alleppey Houseboat Trip-
- You can plan a day trip to Alleppey. It takes 2.5 hours by road and you can go back from the Alleppey railway station or bus stand which is just 15 mins drive. Kochi airport from Alleppey is 2.5 hours drive.
5) Kumarakom visit-
- You can plan a visit to Kumarakom and it takes approximately 2.5 hours by road. You can go back from Kottayam railway station which is just 20 mins drive. Kochi airport from Kumarakom is 2.5 hours drive.
Note: Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- Cherai and Munambam basically a local fishing village and the beach is being used by local fishermen also.
- Cherai town is 2 kms away from the beach where a couple of good non-veg restaurants available. If you want cheaper seafood, you can visit this town. Three-wheeler auto (tuk-tuk) is available for local travel.
- There are NO veg restaurants available in Cherai town and you need to depend on the hotel where you are staying for this.
- Holiday on any beach in Kerala is not idle during monsoon from Jun to Aug.
- If you are not interested to go sightseeing on the last day, you can opt to check out from the hotel by 12pm. Any extension after 12 pm depends on hotel room availability and their policy.
- In case you choose any last day sightseeing trip, the taxi and tour charges will be extra.
- Taxi given is just for transfers only and not available at disposal.
Shopping at Trivandrum:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Trivandrum.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips for Budget Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing the same sedan ac car. This will reduce the price.
- In case you want to reduce the price of taxi charges, you can travel from Aluva or Airport to Cherai by local transport. There are many local buses operate from Aluva to Cherai town. From Cherai town to Cherai beach, you can hire a three-wheeler auto. From the airport, there is NO local bus available but needs to depend on taxi only
- The hotels we have given are located in a proper place. If you choose a hotel which is not in the main area it will reduce the cost.
- Choose a hotel in Kochi city and you can visit Cherai beach by local travel.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Budget||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury Option II|
|Cherai Beach 1 night||Cherai Natural Beach||Blue waters Cherai||Cherai beach resort||Club Mahindra OR Sea Lagoon|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room||Rs 6500||Rs 8900||Rs 9900||Rs 12900|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms||Rs 8900||Rs 12600||Rs 13700||Rs 20200|
|Child Charges Up to 10 yrs without bed||Rs 600||Rs 700||Rs 900||Rs 1200|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 8750||Rs 1250||Rs 1250||Rs 2200|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC sedan car for transfers.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 10 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.