Pick up / Check in :
Alleppey Railway station or Bus stand/ Kochi Airport
Drop at / Check out :
Kottayam Railway station or Bus stand/ Kochi Airport
“A memorable weekend holiday in Kerala backwaters” – you can define this weekend trip like this. The main advantage is that within a short period of two days and one night, this weekend trip covers the best backwaters in Kerala ie Alleppey and Kumarakom. This package is designed in such a way that this gives an experience of a houseboat day trip in Alleppey and then stays in the resort at Kumarakom. Other details of 1 Night 2 Days Alleppey to Kumarakom package are below.
About Alleppey Houseboat:
Houseboat in Alleppey is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Alleppey has crisscrossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields, etc – all these make Alleppey a much sought after destination among tourists. During day trip in a houseboat, you will be provided with veg and non-veg dishes lunch prepared exclusively for the occupants of the houseboat and evening coffee/tea and snacks.
If you are a nature lover then Kumarakom would be the perfect place for you. Kumarakom is popular for houseboats and backwaters. Boating in backwaters of Kerala would be a beautiful experience. Kumarakom is also well known for its bird sanctuary. Tourists are coming specially to see species of birds in Kumarakom bird sanctuary.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival By Train /Bus-
Since the trip is starting from Alleppey, Alleppey railway station or the Bus stand is the most suitable place to reach.
2) Departure by Train/Bus-
Your trip is ending at Kumarakom. The most suitable nearest railway station or bus stand is Kottayam.
3) Arrival & Departure by Flight-
Kochi is the nearest airport which is 95kms away from Alleppey and it takes 2.5 hrs by road. Since as per this package the pickup is from Alleppey and drop at Kottayam. In case you are reaching at Kochi airport, pick up and drop taxi charges will be extra.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Since your day trip starts at 11 am, you need to reach Alleppey before 1030am. In case you are coming by flight, it takes approximately 2.5 hrs by road to Alleppey. You should reach the airport for 08:00 hrs or before.
- In case you are reaching early morning, you need to have a fresh up room as a houseboat check-in is not possible before 1030hrs.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
Day 1: Alleppey Houseboat to Kumarakom
Your arrival is at Alleppey Railway station or Bus stand. Our representative will meet, receive and transfer to the Alleppey houseboat boarding point. Check-in houseboat by 10:45 hrs.
5 hrs – Alleppey to Kumarakom Houseboat Trip Plan:
The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit best canals in and around Alleppey. Boarding Jetty in Alleppey Jetty. Boarding Houseboat from Alleppey Jetty at 11:00 hrs.
Check-in Houseboat at 11:00 hrs and houseboat make a trip through the best canals of Alleppey. From 11:00 hrs to 16:00 hrs, the houseboat makes a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Punnamada lake – this river is famous as Nehru trophy boat race is conducted every year.
- SNDP Canal – this is one of the small rivers where you can see local homes, temples, etc.
- Kuppappuram village – here you can have a village walk in case interested.
- Kuttithod – This is another narrow canal where you can see paddy fields and local villages.
- C Block and R Block – these are the island located in the middle of the paddy fields.
- Vembanad lake – the biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
Important Points to Know about Houseboat Trip:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive of veg or non-veg lunch and evening coffee/tea and snacks.
- This is a private boat and not sharing.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- Since it’s a short trip, you have NO option of visiting local sightseeing places by walking or walking through villages.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- This program is possible only if the guest check-in at 1100hrs. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers as per the program is not possible and an extended time of cruise after 17:30 hrs is not possible and NO refund for the unused portion is available.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
Check out at Kumarakom from the houseboat, transfer to hotel, check-in and overnight stay in Kumarakom resort.
Day 2: Kumarakom- Kottayam rly station or bus stand.
We have planned a short trip to a few below places till 12 pm.
1) Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary:
The season for migratory birds is from Feb onwards for 4 months. But its similar type of forest and walking inside the sanctuary is a good experience. There is a watchtower insider in the forest which gives a good view. The best time to visit this is from 6 am to 8 am.
2) Driftwood Museum:
Being run by a private family, these driftwoods displayed in the museum brought from the Andaman Islands.
Below are some optional activities available in Kumarakom. In case you are interested
1) Ayurvedic massage and treatment –
There are many ayurvedic treatment centers in Kumarakom and you can also look at the same facility at the resort itself.
2) Shikara trip –
Kumarakom is a small fishing village with lots of small canals. Shikara is idle to make a trip through the backwaters of Kumarakom
Since the hotel checks out is at 12 pm, you can check out and keep your luggage in the hotel itself and you can spend your time in the resort in case your train or bus is in the evening.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you want to come to Kochi airport and look at booking this package, the taxi charges from Airport to Alleppey and from Kumarakom to Airport will be extra.
- In case your train is not coming either of the railway stations i.e. Alleppey or Kottayam you can come to Ernakulam railway station. Pick up by taxi from Ernakulam to Alleppey and back from Kumarakom will be extra.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize it as per your choices, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- If you want to add one more night to this package with a beach destination, nearby beaches like Mararikulam or Cherai Beach is recommended.
Shopping in Kumarakom:
Today is your last day of the trip. Check out from the hotel and proceed to Kottayam. Kottayam is a small city but you will get all international brands of all the products. You can have shopping for below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from the city shop.
- Souvenirs are available in a particular shop located at Shastri road.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops in Kottayam.
Tips to Reduce the Package Cost:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost and want to reduce the cost, please see below tips.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing in the same sedan ac car. This will considerably reduce the price.
- We have included a private ac car for your transfer from Alleppey to houseboat boarding place, Kumarakom local sightseeing, and from Kumarakom to Kottayam railway station. You can opt to travel by three-wheeler auto to reduce the taxi charges.
- Hotel prices of Kumarakom are a little higher therefore, you can choose Kottayam hotel stay to reduce the cost.
- Instead of Houseboat, you can choose a shikara or motorboat.
- Govt ferry service available in Alleppey for local travel. Instead of Houseboat, you can choose this option to see Alleppey backwaters.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Drop at the railway station by 15:00 hrs. Tour ends.
Cost for Given Package:
|Deluxe Option II
|1 bed room Non ac Deluxe Private Boat
|1 bed room Non ac Deluxe Private Boat
|1 bed room Non ac Deluxe Private Boat
|Kumarakom 1 night
|Royal Rivera resorts Or Green Field Or Backwater Brook
|Backwater ripples Or Abad whispering palms
|Cost for 2 adults 1 double room
|Cost for 4 adults 2 rooms
|Child Charges Up to 10 yrs without bed
|Extra Adult Charges
- The above costs are valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar.
- Cost not valid from 16 Dec to 14 Jan – contact us for revised price-CONTACT US
- Validity from 01 Apr till 31 Sep. This is an offseason and good discount available-CONTACT US
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- Private Non-ac deluxe 1 bedroom Houseboat day trip with lunch and evening refreshments.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle.
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 11:30 am.
- In case of arrival early morning before 6 am, additional charges will be applicable for the car.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- Optional activities mentioned above.
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children upto the age of 5yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed.
- Non-ac fresh up room for an hr, if required, will cost extra.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- As per this program, the houseboat trip is from Alleppey check-in and Kumarakom checks out. In case of any problems, if this could not be done, a taxi will be arranged from Alleppey to Kumarakom without any extra charges.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.
- Our houseboat trip starts from Alleppey and drop at Kumarakom. In case, due to many circumstances, if the houseboat drop at Kumarakom is not possible, we will arrange a taxi from Alleppey to Kumarakom after houseboat check out without any additional charges.