Overview of 3 Nights 4 Days Alleppey Kumarakom Kochi Tour Package:
These four days Alleppey backwaters, Alleppey beach, houseboat, and Kumarakom package is designed for those who want a relaxing south Kerala trip and like to have an experience of Alleppey backwater, Houseboat stay, and Kumarakom visit. This 3 nights 4 days Alleppey Kumarakom Kochi tour package is idle for those looking for long weekend leisure in south Kerala with quality time. Other important aspects of the package, destination covered and its importance is below.
Famous for its crisscrossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields, etc – all these make Alleppey a much sought after destination among tourists. Staying in a resort and relaxing is highly recommended. Houseboat in Alleppey is an experience beyond imagination. Houseboat makes a trip through the backwaters of Alleppey to see the lifestyle, villages, etc of local people. During the stay in a houseboat, you will be provided with the full board with veg and non-veg dishes prepared exclusively for the occupants of the houseboats.
Kumarakom is a small village located on the Vembanadu lakeside. Those who think of staying in a village during their Kerala trip, Kumarakom is an idle place. The main sources of income of locals are fishing. Rice farming, toddy tapping, etc are also making a part of their income. On the sightseeing part, there are not many things available except for the Kumarakom bird sanctuary.
Kochi is one of the beautiful cities of Kerala. It is popular as ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’. in the 14th century, Kochi was the spice trading center in India. Kochi have all things for tourist who visit here it has beaches, backwaters, ancient monuments, hills, lakes and lush greenery.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & Departure by Flight-
Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival destination for those who are coming by Flight.
2) Arrival by Train/Bus-
The best suitable railway station / Bus stand is Alleppey (5 km). If you do not have a train to Alleppey, you can also come to Ernakulam Jn Rly station (ERS or ERN) (70 km). Those who are coming by Volvo bus from nearby places like Hyderabad, Bangalore, and Chennai, arrival destination should be at Alleppey Bus Stand. You can also come to Kottayam (45 km) or Changanaserry Rly station(28 km) and the package price remains the same.
3) Departure by Train/Bus-
The best suitable railway station for departure is Kottayam railway Station or Bus stand. In case you do not have a train from Kottayam, you can choose the Alleppey railway station or Ernakulam Rly station (ERS or ERN).
Arrival and Departure time:
- Your arrival should be at any time before 12 pm.
- In case you are coming early morning at 3 or 4 am, we need to arrange a fresh up room with cost extra.
- In case you are reaching by evening on the first day, either we can add one more day or you can choose this package without sightseeing on the first day.
- Those who have evening or late evening train needs to have another fresh up room on the last day or can keep the luggage at the hotel reception and roam around in the resort itself.
3 Highlights of 3 Nights 4 Days Tour Package:
- well experienced behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- Private houseboat with traditional food.
- 30% discount on ayurvedic treatment at Kumarakom
Day 1: :Kochi airport to Alleppey
Your arrival is at Kochi airport or Ernakulam Rly station or Bus stand. On arrival, our executives will meet, receive, and transfer to Alleppey. It takes almost 2 hrs from Kochi airport, 1.5 hrs from Ernakulam railway station. On arrival, you will be directly going to the hotel pre-booked. Leisure at the resort.
We have planned your half-day sightseeing of Alleppey from 3 pm onwards.
1) Alleppey Beach:
This is a good place to spend a couple of hrs in the evening. You can come back to the resort after the sunset.
2) Alleppey Lighthouse:
Lighthouse is one of the options to have a good view of the sea and nearby palaces. This is located a little bit backside of the beach and entry is closed by 5 pm.
3) Alleppey City:
it’s a small city and you can roam around.
Other important places are not included in the package cost.
Ambalapuza Srikrishna Temple:
If you have not visited Guruvayur, not to worry, this is the important Sri Krishna temple after Guruvayur. Visiting time from morning 6 am till 11 am and evening from 4 pm till 8 pm.
Mannarsala Nagaraja Temple:
This is the only temple dedicated to God Serpent. Again the visiting time is the same.
Day 2: Alleppey Backwaters and Overnight Stay in Houseboat
Morning B/F at the hotel and relax till 11:30 hrs.Checkout by 12 pm and Check-in Houseboat.
1 Night Alleppey Houseboat Trip Plan:
The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit the best canals in and around Alleppey. Boarding Jetty in Alleppey Jetty.
Boarding Houseboat from Alleppey Jetty at 12:00 hrs.
Check-in Houseboat at 12:00 hrs and houseboat make a trip through the best canals in Alleppey. From 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs, the houseboat makes a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Punnamada Kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the smallest canal on this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
13:30 hrs Lunch at Meenappalli Kayal – a small lake in the middle of Alleppey backwaters.
14:30 hrs – Post lunch trip starts till 17:30 hrs. Houseboat makes a trip through some of the beautiful villages in Alleppey. These are Kainakari Village and Kuttithod and boat reach a place called Kuttamangalam.
We provide a 1-hour country boat to experience the narrow canal called Kuttamangalam canal where the houseboat cannot make a trip. This 1hr trip gives breathtaking scenic beauty of the local village, paddy field, etc.
After an hour of this country boat trip, the houseboat starts moving towards its final location for a halt. The boat halts between 17:30 hrs and 18:00 hrs for overnight stay.
Note: Overnight stay in Houseboat.
Evening Options and Activities Alleppey:
- Walking by the canal or in the village. Houseboat used to stop by 1730hrs. you have time till the sunset to roam around nearby places.
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing road and you will surely get small fishes).
Houseboat Tour – Important Points to Know:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you are reaching very late, all boats booked through Srees Tours will not stop for Lunch.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- The houseboat menu is inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have the option of visiting a local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boatman will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where the houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- You can skip staying in a houseboat and stay in a resort – this will cost the package with additional costs
- This program is possible only if the guest checks in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 3 rooms and the top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22:00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check-in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 hrs.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie checks out at 7 am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check-in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9 am the next day is not possible since the boat is having another check-in at 12 pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check-in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending the trip till 6 pm and the next day till 09:45-10:00 hrs in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their night halting-place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
Day 3: Alleppey Houseboat to Kumarakom
Kumarakom Sightseeing Itinerary:
Get up early morning and have a nice sunrise in the houseboat. (this depends upon the climate and not available for all the bookings). The boat starts at 08:00 hrs and finally drop at 09:00 hrs at Alleppey Jetty. During this one hour time, the houseboat makes a trip through Chithira lake and the Vembanadu lake which is the biggest freshwater lake in Kerala. Check out from Houseboat.
It takes approximately 40 mins to reach Kumarakom. Since most of the check-in hotels are after 12 pm, you have an option to see some of the sightseeing which is being given below.
Sightseeing options and activities available (cost not included)
1)Kumarkom Bird sanctuary-
The season for migratory birds is from Feb onwards for 4 months. But its similar type of forest and walking inside the sanctuary is a good experience. There is a watchtower insider in the forest which gives a good view. The best time to visit this is from 6 am to 8 am.
2) Driftwood Museum–
Being run by a private family, these driftwoods displayed in the museum brought from the Andaman Islands.
3) Ayurvedic massage and treatment–
There are many ayurvedic treatment centers in Kumarakom and you can also look at the same facility at the resort itself.
4) Shikara trip–
Kumarakom is a small fishing village with lots of small canals. Shikara is idle to make a trip through the backwaters which cost approx 700 per hour.
5) Thaneermukkam Barrage-
This barrage is constructed between Muhamma (part of Alleppey) and Kumarakom. Best place for photography.
Note: Overnight stay in a hotel
Day 4: Kumarakom to Kochi
Today is the last day of your trip. Check out from the hotel as per check out time and proceed to Kochi. If you have time for short sightseeing, Fort Kochi sightseeing is highly recommended.
1) Fort Kochi:
Fort Kochi is a fishing village that becomes the first European township in India. The town shaped by Portuguese, the Dutch, and later the British.
2) Jewish Synagogue:
Constructed 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in the commonwealth. It is noted for its mid-18th century, hand-painted, willow-patterned floor tiles from Canton in China, a clock tower, Hebrew inscriptions on stone slabs, old scrolls of the Old Testament, etc.
3) Dutch Palace:
Built by Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja of Kochi, the palace was renovated by the Dutch in 1663.
4) Vasco da Gama Square / Chinese fishing nets:
The huge cantilevered fishing nets are the legacy of one of the first visitors to the Malabar Coast. Erected here between 1350 – 1450 AD by traders from the court of Kabul Khan. The best place to watch the nets being lowered into the sea and the catch being brought in, Is the Vasco da Gama Square.
5) Kodar House:
Constructed by Cochin Electric company in 1808 example of Indo-European architecture
Other attractions are Bolgaty palace, Pierce Leslie Bungalow, Santa Cruz Basilica, etc are located in the same area.
After Fort Kochi sightseeing, you can go straightway to Kochi airport, which is approximately 45 mins drive during normal traffic. It may take up to 1.5 hrs during heavy traffic time.
Fort Kochi – Important Points to Know
- All the tourist entry points except Fort Kochi Beach will be closed down at 5 pm.
- Jewish synagogue will be closed on Fridays. But they now start opening after 2 pm on Fridays.
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday and Saturdays.
- In case Fort Kochi is not required Athirapally waterfall is another option for sightseeing.
Important Travel Tips:
- In case you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service.
- You can also start this package on a reverse order without any increase in the prices.
- Based on this itinerary, you can customize this package as per your choice with regards to the hotel, sightseeing place, destinations, etc.
- This is a private trip and NOT shared with any other group.
- In case you do not want to stay in Houseboat and want to have a day trip, the same can be accommodated with a revised price.
- You can choose the Cherai Beach or Mararikulam beach instead of Alleppey beach.
- In case you are on a religious or temple tour, we can give a different program which includes famous temples in Kerala.
Shopping at Kochi:
Since Kerala is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located before reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Kumarakom and Kochi also.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Drop at Kochi airport. Tour ends.
Tips for Budget Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines or travel tips for such kinds of tourists to reduce the cost.
- Travel in a group like two couples or three couple, the package price will reduce considerably.
- Local travel in Alleppey. This trip includes a private ac car travel. On arrival you can choose a three-wheeler auto from Alleppey railway station or Bus stand to Punnamada or Finishing point – both are houseboat boarding points.
- Alleppey to Kumarakom. You can either choose a three-wheeler auto from Alleppey to Kumarakom. You can also use a local govt bus from Alleppey to Cherthala and then Cherthala to Kumarakom. You can use a three-wheeler auto for local travel in Kumarakom.
- Kumarakom to Fort Kochi. You can get the local bus to Fort Kochi via Cherthala. It’s advisable to take a taxi to Kochi. From Fort Kochi, there are many local buses to Railway station or airport.
- Presently it’s a private boat included. But if you choose a sharing houseboat, the price will reduce. Go here to know more problems with Sharing Houseboat.
- In Alleppey stay in a resort and go for a local shikara or country boat trip to reduce the cost.
- In Alleppey stay in a resort and go for a govt ferry service to explore Alleppey backwaters instead of the houseboat.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury||Luxury option II 5 star or similar|
|Alleppey 1 night||Arcadia Or Pagoda resort||Green palm Resort Or Kadavil lakeshore resort||Warmth Lake Haven resort||Lake Canopy Or Paloma Lake resort||Lake Palace|
|Lake View Houseboat www.lakeview houseboat.com 1 night||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Premium AC||1 bed room private Luxury full time AC||1 bed room private Luxury full time AC|
|Kumarakom 1 night||Lake Palace||Backwater Brook Or Royal Rivera||Lake Song Resort||Backwater ripples||ZURI Kumarakom|
|Cost for 2 adults /1 room||Rs 23400||Rs 24900||Rs 29900||Rs 37700||Rs 51800|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 room||Rs 33900||Rs 36800||Rs 49800||Rs 65600||Rs 87600|
|Child Charges Up to 10 yrs without bed||Rs 1800||Rs 1800||Rs 3500||Rs 3500||Rs 4500|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 2700||Rs 2700||Rs 4800||Rs 4800||Rs 7800|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast (2).
- Houseboat includes Lunch, evening coffee tea and snacks, dinner and b/f.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- In case of arrival early morning before 6 am, additional charges will be applicable for the car.
- Non-ac fresh up room for an hour, if required, in case of your arrival is before 7 am available with extra cost.
- All the applicable taxes.
- Cruise time from 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs with 1 hr lunch break. Next day trip from 08:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- The menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time: Deluxe and premium: 21:00 hrs to 07:00 hrs.
- Luxury: 24 hrs AC
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children upto the age of 5yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.