Overview of 2 Nights 3 Days Alleppey to Kumarakom Weekend Tour Package:
These three days of tour cover a stay in Alleppey houseboat and Kumarakom backwater. This tour covers one of the best experiences in Kerala – Kumarakom and Alleppey Houseboat. The best experience of this 2 nights 3 days Alleppey to Kumarakom package is that the boat starts from Alleppey and ends at Kumarakom.
About Alleppey Houseboat:
Alleppey city is a popular tourist destination in Kerala. Alleppey houseboats and backwaters are also popular among foreign tourists. Tourist prefers to stay in Alleppey houseboats for many days to have a leisure trip. In houseboats, you will find all kinds of services from basic to luxury.
Kumarakom is a small village located on the Vembanadu lakeside. Those who think of staying in a village during their Kerala trip, Kumarakom is an idle place. The main sources of income of locals are fishing. Farming, Toddy tapping, etc are also making a part of their income. On the sightseeing part, there are not many things available except for the Kumarakom bird sanctuary.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival By Train or Bus-
Since the trip is starting from Alleppey, Alleppey railway station or the Bus stand is the most suitable place to reach. You can also come to Kochi airport.
2) Departure by Train/Bus-
Your trip is ending at Kumarakom. The most suitable nearest railway station or bus stand is Kottayam.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Normal pick up time is 10:00-11:00 hrs. But If you are coming by early morning or any time before 10 am, since the check-in of the houseboat is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. The same can be arranged at extra cost. The average price of this fresh up room for 2 hrs will be Rs 700-1000.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
Day 1: Alleppey Houseboat
Your arrival is at Alleppey Railway station or Bus stand. Our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to the Houseboat.
1 Night Alleppey Houseboat Trip Plan-
The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit the best canals in and around Alleppey. Boarding Jetty in Alleppey Jetty.
Boarding Houseboat from Alleppey Jetty at 12:00 hrs.
Check-in Houseboat at 12:00 hrs and houseboat make a trip through the best canals in Alleppey. From 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs, the houseboat makes a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Punnamada Kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the smallest canal on this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
13:30 hrs Lunch at Meenappalli Kayal – a small lake in the middle of Alleppey backwaters.
14:30 hrs – Post lunch trip starts till 17:30 hrs. Houseboat makes a trip through some of the beautiful villages in Alleppey. These are Kainakari Village and Kuttithod and boat reach a place called Kuttamangalam.
We provide a 1-hour country boat to experience the narrow canal called Kuttamangalam canal where the houseboat cannot make a trip. This 1hr trip gives breathtaking scenic beauty of the local village, paddy field, etc.
After an hour of this country boat trip, the houseboat starts moving towards its final location for a halt. The boat halts between 17:30 hrs and 18:00 hrs for overnight stay.
Evening Options and Activities in Houseboat:
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing road and you will surely get small fishes).
- The houseboat is having a tv and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own to make your stay more comfortable.
Houseboat Trip – Important Points to Know:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you are reaching very late, all boats booked through Srees Tours will not stop for Lunch.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- The houseboat menu is inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have the option of visiting a local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boatman will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where the houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- This program is possible only if the guest checks in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 3 rooms and the top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22:00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check-in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 hrs.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie checks out at 7 am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check-in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9 am the next day is not possible since the boat is having another check-in at 12 pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check-in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending the trip till 6 pm and the next day till 09:45-10:00 hrs in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their night halting-place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Requests like a sunset cruise, park houseboat to view the sunset, night halt in the middle of the lake or river, change location, etc will not be entertained.
Day 2: Alleppey Houseboat to Kumarakom
Get up early morning and have a nice sunrise in the houseboat. (this depends upon the climate and not available for all the bookings).
The boat starts at 08:00 hrs and finally drop at 09:00 hrs at Alleppey Jetty. During this one hr time, the make a trip through Chithira lake and the Vembanadu lake which is the biggest freshwater lake in Kerala. Check out from Houseboat.
Since your check out is at 9 am and the hotel check-in is at 12 pm, you can have two options. Either you go for half-day sightseeing in Kumarakom till 12 pm or relax in the resort.
Sightseeing planned for half day.
1) Kumarakom Bird sanctuary:
The season for migratory birds is from Feb onwards for 4 months. But its similar type of forest and walking inside the sanctuary is a good experience. There is a watchtower insider in the forest which gives a good view. The best time to visit this is from 6 am to 9 am.
2) Driftwood Museum:
Being run by a private family, these driftwoods displayed in the museum brought from the Andaman Islands.
Check-in Hotel and leisure. You can also plan an ayurvedic massage in any ayurvedic center in Kumarakom or just relax in the resort. Overnight stay in the resort.
Day 3: Kumarakom to Kottayam
Today is your last day of the trip. Check out from the hotel and proceed to Kottayam. Kottayam is a small city but you will get all international brands of all the products. You can have shopping for below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from the Kottayam city shop.
- Souvenirs are available in a particular shop located at Shastri road.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops in Kottayam.
Drop at the railway station by 15:00 hrs. Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you want to come to Kochi airport and look at booking this package, the taxi charges from Airport Alleppey and from Kumarakom to Airport will be extra.
- In case your train is not coming either of the railway stations ie Alleppey or Kottayam you can come to Ernakulam railway station. Pick up by taxi from Ernakulam to Alleppey and back from Kumarakom will be extra.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize it as per your choices, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- If you want to add one more night to this package with a beach destination, Mararikulam or Cherai Beach is recommended.
- We have planned this trip starting from Houseboat due to a couple of reasons. The first reasons are in case the houseboat is on the last day, you need to check out compulsory at 09:00 hrs and the whole day is nothing to do except a few places of sightseeing. Since your hotel is on the second day, you can check out the last day by 12 pm and can be extended further if the room is available. But the extension depends on the hotel’s decision.
Tips for Reduce Cost Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are some of the travel tips to reduce the package price:
- Upon arrival at Alleppey, you can hire a three-wheeler auto to Houseboat.
- Alleppey bus stand is very close to Punnamada or Finishing point – both are houseboat boarding points.
- Presently it’s a private boat included. But if you choose a sharing houseboat, the price will reduce. Go here to know more problems with Sharing Houseboat.
- Stay in a resort and go for a shikara or local country boat trip to reduce the cost.
- The houseboat now planned a check-in at Alleppey and check out at Kumarakom which is expensive. You can opt Alleppey to Alleppey houseboat and then travel from Alleppey to Kumarakom by local govt bus.
- Instead of private sedan ac car, you can use three-wheeler autos (tuk-tuk) available easily for local travel which will reduce the cost.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury|
|Houseboat 1 night||1 bed room AC Deluxe Private Boat||1 bed room AC Premium Private Boat||1 bed room Fully glass covered Full time AC Luxury Private Boat|
|Kumarakom 1 night||Royal Rivera resorts Or Green Field Or Backwater Brook||Backwater ripples Or Abad whispering palms||AVEDA|
|Cost for 2 adults 1 double room||Rs 17800||Rs 21900||Rs 34800|
|Cost for 4 adults 2 rooms||Rs 25600||Rs 33900||Rs 55700|
|Child Charges Up to 10 yrs without bed||Rs 1100||Rs 2000||Rs 2900|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 2100||Rs 2900||Rs 4200|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast (2).
- Houseboat includes Lunch, evening coffee tea and snacks, dinner and b/f.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle.
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- In case of arrival early morning before 6 am, additional charges will be applicable for the car.
- Non-ac fresh up room for an hour, if required, will be arranged in case of your arrival is before 7 am with extra cost.
- All the applicable taxes.
- Cruise time from 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs with 1hr lunch break. Next day trip from 08:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- The menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time:
- In Deluxe and premium: 21:00 hrs to 07:00 hrs.
- In Luxury: 24 hrs AC
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children upto the age of 5 yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Due to local issues, some time trip from Alleppey to Kumarakom by boat may not be possible. In that case, we will arrange a cab that takes you from Alleppey to Kumarakom without any extra cost.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- As per this program, the houseboat trip is from Alleppey check-in and Kumarakom checks out. In case of any problems, if this could not be done, a taxi will be arranged from Alleppey to Kumarakom without any extra charges.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.