8 Beautiful Ways to Spend Diwali Vacation in Kerala
There are only few days left until the most amazing days of Diwali and you must have started planning an unforgettable trip this season. If you are looking to visit Kerala, this article is for you. Before I start sharing my views on why you should visit Kerala this Diwali, let me briefly share the information about Diwali for non Indian readers to our blog.
Diwali is known as the festival of lights and its biggest festival of India. Every year this festival is celebrated with great enthusiasm in every corner of the country. Many people stay at home with their family to celebrate this prosperous festival. While few of the people plan for visiting different places in India with their family and friends during the Diwali vacations. But we found that, when it comes for a Diwali vacation trip, whether it is with family or friends, everyone’s priorities are Goa, Manali, Shimla, and other related places. What about God’s Own Country Kerala? Let’s start traveling this time towards Kerala.
Kerala is known for its eye-pleasing beauty. The beaches, temples, hill stations, mountains, weather and the impeccable natural scenarios make Kerala, the land of God. No wonder! why Kerala is the first choice for tourists? It’s like more than a complete package. You can experience everything in a single tour. Kerala is in its most beautiful attire during the Diwali season. Thus, it is an ideal place for tourists in Diwali Vacation.
Here are 8 Beautiful Ways to Spend Diwali Vacation in Kerala with family and friends:
Here I will show you some of the most amazing ways you can spend your Diwali vacation in Kerala with your friends, family or partner.
(1) Multiple Options to Choose from:
Kerala can offers multiple options to spend your Diwali vacation. Do you love hill station, want to go on boating, explore wildlife or spend time on beaches; Kerala can fulfill all these needs. Here is the brief about some of the most popular tourist places in Kerala.
- Munnar is the best hill station in Kerala enchanting waterfalls and hiking routes are the adventures here.
- Kovalam is rated as the best beaches in India. It is also divided into three more beaches.
- Varkala is one of the top beaches in India. It is having sea on one side and a high cliff on other.
- Wayanad is the Green Paradise of Kerala. The heart shape lake in Wayand is the core of it.
- Idduki is famous for the Idukki Wildlife Sanctuary comprising wide-range of species of birds, plants and animals.
(2) Trekking & Hiking Around Kerala Hill Stations
If you love adventure and want to spend your Diwali vacation by doing on moderate trekking routes, Munnar is the place for you. Here you can enjoy exploring tea gardens and can go for grassland trek as well. Here are the places you can explore around Munnar.
- The Mattupetty dam is more like a picnic spot located at approximately 1700 m above the ground. You can enjoy beating and can click beautiful lake surrounded by mountains.
- Tea museum is an unique place you should visit if you love to learn about history of a tea.
- You can also explore different waterfalls located around Munnar.
(3) Beaches with beautiful views:
Kerala beaches are very famous in South India and it’s also one of the best destination to travel in Diwali festival. It is included in the 10 paradises of the world. Kerala Beaches are the main attraction of tourism. A tourist from all over the world visits Kerala to enjoy the natural beauty of Kerala’s beaches. Kerala beaches add four moons to the Kerala beauties.
- Marari Beach is famous as weekend gateway. You can find loads of happy faces during weekends. Fishing activities are famous here.
- Poovar Beach is a place full of peace. One can experience a total scenic view here. You can also go on boating in water-land to see the marine life around Poovar island.
- Kovalam Beach is internationally famous. Herbal body massages are the best part here.
- Alleppey Beach is the Venice of East. Here you find a bundle of activities to indulge yourself.
(4) Visit Temples in Kerala:
You can experience a totally different culture in Kerala. People here do worship God with different names. Moreover, their way of worshiping God also differ from other parts of the country. The temples you can visit in Diwali vacation with your family are:
- Vaikom Mahadeva Temple, Vaikom
- Mannarasala Nagaraja temple, Haripad
- Tali temple, Kozhikode
- Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Thiruvananthapuram
- Chottanikkara Temple, Chottanikkara
(5) Enjoy Kerala’s Culture, Traditions, and Special Event:
Kerala’s culture and tradition are worth because no matter the person here is a Hindu, Muslim or Christian, they are inter-related to each other. They enjoy every festival of Kerala together with same happiness and enthusiasm. The native art of Kerala is Koodiyattom, a form of Sanskrit drama. One more outstanding art of Kerala include Thirayattam. “Kathakali Event” of Kerala is one of the most beautiful dance forms you can ever see.
(6) How can we forget Waterfalls:
No one can deny the fact that Kerala is blessed with lots of beauty and one of its beauty includes the enchanting and mesmerizing waterfalls. Athirapally, Thommankuthu Waterfalls, Nyayamkadu Waterfalls, Thusharagiri Waterfalls, Meenmutty Waterfalls, and etc are the beautiful waterfalls you should visit in Kerala. If you remember the Bahubali waterfall scene, it was shot in Kerala at Athirapally waterfall (it is edited to show higher water level).
(7) Wildlife Sanctuary:
As Kerala be the heritage to much wildlife, you should not miss this fun. So, if you are an animal lover, then this can be a thrilling and exciting experience for you. You can visit Periyar National Park, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kodanad Elephant Training Center, Eravikulum National Park, Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary and Wayanad Wild-Life Sanctuary in Kerala.
(8) Go on an Adventure Ride & Other Activities:
If you love to do adventure activities, Kerala offers one of the best adventure activities to tourist in Diwali vacation. It is perfect to explore trekking and other wildlife adventures. There are various trekking and adventure places in Kerala blessed with natural beauty. Kerala is not just the place for relaxation, It is the place for adventures in the entire state. The adventure tourist in Kerala can opt for:
- Canoeing and Kayaking
- Backwater biking
- Mountain Climbin
- Backwater biking
- Wildlife Safari
- Bamboo Rafting along the Rivers
So, pack your bags, keep your cameras ready with loads of memory free and get set go because this time you will want to capture all that beauties with you and cherish them for a lifetime.