Travel Guide on Munnar to Kovalam (Trivandrum) Tour
We used to receive frequent inquiries to connect Munnar and Kovalam in a short Kerala tour package. This article by SreesTours gives you all the details about these different routes, travel timing, travel tips so that you can decide whether to travel from Munnar direct to Kovalam is properly fitted in your itinerary.
How do I get from Munnar to Kovalam?
Are you looking for how to reach Munnar to Kovalam? Below are the three options of travel from Munnar to Kovalam.
1) By Flight:Unlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
Since the nearest airport is Kochi which is 110 kms and it takes a minimum of 3 hrs by a small sedan car with less traffic and a maximum of 3.5 hrs. You can come back to Kochi and take a flight to Trivandrum which is just 20 mins drive to Kovalam.
2) By Train:
The nearest railway station is Aluva which is 110 kms and it takes a minimum of 3.5 hrs by a small sedan car. But due to heavy traffic at Aluva junction and on the highway, sometimes it takes 4 or 4.5 hr also. The other railway station is Ernakulam South railway station or North railway station both are around 125 kms but since these are located inside the city which always has severe traffic problems, it may take 4.5 hrs or more by road.
3) By Road:
Mainly there are two routes you can choose while traveling by road to Trivandrum or Kovalam from Munnar. Below are the details.Unlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
1 ) Munnar – Neriamangalam – Thodupuza to Pala – Pathanamthitta – Adoor – Trivandrum – Kovalam. This route is approximately 300 kms and it may take upto 9 hrs or more with one or two short stops en-route.
2) The other route is the same till Pala. From Pala to Manarkadu – Puthuppally – Changanaserry – Adoor – Trivandrum – Kovalam. This is approximately 320 kms and it may take the same time. This is because of the better road than the earlier route
Important Travel Tips:
- If you are looking for a package connecting only Munnar and Kovalam, the minimum comfortable package is 5 nights and 6 days. Please see such a package for Munnar to Kovalam.
- The maximum average speed of a car on the road in Kerala is 45-50 kms. This is applicable even if your journey in highways. Consider this while you planning a long journey in Kerala.
- Alleppey and Kumarakom both beautiful tourist destinations are located in between Munnar and Trivandrum and idle for a stopover.
- In case you have only 5 days in hand and want to visit both Munnar and Kovalam, the best option to travel is by air in case you get a ticket within Rs 3000.
- Ensure you choose any hotel located within Munnar city for comfortable travel to Kovalam. In case you stay in a hotel which is located at Chinnakanal, your road travel will increase by another 1hr.
- If you want to book a taxi or need details, visit our page about Kerala taxi.
Which is the Best route from Munnar to Kovalam?
The best option for you is the flight in case you get flight tickets @ Rs 3000 or less. See below travel tips.
- Flying time is just 10 mins.
- Needs to report at the airport 1 hr before. Therefore total time from Munnar to Trivandrum or Kovalam by flight is less than 5 hrs.
- Total flight charges are Rs 6000 for two adults in case the ticket costs a maximum of Rs 3000 per person.
- The minimum additional taxi charges you need to bear is around Rs 7500 from Munnar to Kovalam.
- When you travel by flight, you are saving approximately 4 hrs of tiresome road journey.
How Can I plan a 5 days Short Tour Package Covering Munnar and Kovalam?Unlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
We have a similar package already providing to our previous guests. Please see the details of 5 days Kerala package covers Munnar and Kovalam.