How to Book Kerala Tour Packages from Singapore – Travel Guide for Singaporean Tourists
Kerala experiences the highest influx of tourists, more than any other state in India. Kerala has the reputation of the popular international tourist destination and is considered as the land of Ayurveda and Spices, is rich in elements of Indian culture. Kerala has the most beautiful backwaters and sunny beaches and is rich in heritage and cultural festivals with marvelous culinary experiences. Situated along the Malabar Coast in Southwestern India, it is a must visit the location and many Kerala Tour Packages are available for such tourists who want to experience the beauty of God’s Own Country.
When planning to visit Kerala from Singapore, do remember to pack the below items:
- Basic Items– Passport, Visa documents, ID proofs, vaccination details, religion conversion certificates (important to enter some temples) medicines etc.
- Gadgets – Camera, Smartphone, power banks, a universal adaptor, flashlights etc.
- Currency – Cash is required at most places / Digital Payments are also accepted but only at few locations
- Clothes – Dhoti or a Saree as it is compulsory in most temples in Kerala, also pack Dupattas to cover your hair, especially during summers. Light preferably cotton clothes as monsoons are humid and slippers.
- Other Essentials– In monsoon, bring umbrellas and raincoats, mosquito repellents, sunscreen, lip balms etc.
Some Facts about Singaporean Tourist in Kerala
- Kerala is one of the most preferred tourist destinations among Singaporeans.
- According to the Kerala Tourism Department, the total Singaporeans who arrived in Kerala in 2017 were 8% higher than the previous year.
- Singapore is the 19th top most country from which tourists arrive in Kerala and in 2017 about 12 thousand Singapore tourists visited the state.
- The country also is one of the topmost countries from which e-visa applications are furnished, about 14000 applications from Singapore were received by Indian consulate between Jan-June 2017.
- Majority of the population of Singapore is native of Kerala which is a reason of Kerala being a popular destination for Singaporeans.
Statistics Source – Kerala Tourism
Kerala Places for Sightseeing:
- Beaches: The beaches of Kerala are popular as a romantic destination and a honeymoon destination. KovalamBeach, VarkalaBeach, Kannur Beach, Bekal Beach and CheraiBeach are some of the most unique and beautiful beaches in the state.
- Hill Stations: Munnar, Thekkady, Wayanad, Vagamon are some of the popular hill stations in the state. These spots are nestled in natural beauty with lush green tea plantations and spice plantations. The magnificent hilly regions are a sight to behold due to the flora, fauna and waterfalls.
- Historical Places: Kerala is popular for its heritage and architectural splendor. The Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace, Fort Kochi, Thalassery Fort, Padmanabhapuram Palace, Palakkad Fort and Rock Cut temples are among the most popular cultural destinations of the state.
- Houseboats: To experience Kerala in its indigenous form, Houseboats on Kerala backwaters are the best way to experience the calm and serenity of the state and you can explore the natural beauty of the state in this manner. The operators offer Kerala Houseboat Packages from one day to three days with all amenities like AC on the houseboats.
- Trekking: Lying on the Western Ghats ranges, Kerala has many spots that are ideal for trekking like Kolukkumalai Trek, Meesapulimala Peak Trek, Chembra Peak Trek, IllikkalKallu Trek and Lion Tailed Macaque Trek are some of the popular treks in the state
- Water Sports: Kerala is visited by many international tourists due to the water sports available in the state. The most popular sports are Bamboo Rafting in Periyar, Kayaking in Alleppey, Parasailing in Kovalam, Water Skiing in Kochi, Catamaran Ride in Kochi and Bamboo Rafting in Wayanad
Kerala Unique Experience for Singaporeans :
- Ayurvedic Treatments: Kerala has plenty of Ayurvedic Resorts and Centers that provide a wonderful vacation spot and help rejuvenate their body. There are many such healing centers and wellness resorts that offer healing experiences to international tourists in the state.
- Food: Kerala has its own authentic cuisine, a great mix of Malabar food, seafood and the indigenous dishes of the state like Puttu and KadalaCurry, Prawn Curry, Beef, Kerala Parota, Idiyappam among others.
- Kerala Dance: Kathakali, Kalaripayattu and Thirayattam are the native dances and martial arts of Kerala and they are preserved cultural symbols of the state. The performers use native instruments and tools and performed in the temples and cultural centers in the state.
- Oxen Racing:An offbeat sport, oxen or bull racing has been a tradition in the state and is popularly known as Maramadi which is a part of KakkoorKaalayayal.It is an extraordinary display of physical strength of men in competition with the bulls.
- Tea & Coffee Plantation: The refreshing coffee and tea gardens attract many tourists to Kerala from faraway places. These enchanting gardens present nature in its best form. The most popular tea and coffee plantations in the state are in Cochin, Periyar and Munnar
- Tree Climbing: The Kerala Tourism Mission gives one of the most native experiences in the state. Tree climbing is an activity which uses the traditional Thalappu for climbing the tall trees.
Kerala Tour Packages Itinerary – 6 Days 5 Night: Munnar – Thekkady – Houseboat – Cherai Beach
If you are planning to cover most of Kerala in your trip, you can book a 5 NI & 6 Days Kerala Tour packages with a day to day itinerary by Srees Tours & Travels. The package is cost-efficient and covers most of the popular spots in Kerala in limited time. The tour covers Munnar, Thekkady, , Cherai Beach, Kochi with ample rest time and coverage of most important spots. The below mentioned tour will cost between Rs 30000 to Rs 50000.
- Day 1: Kochi – Munnar (145 Km, 4 Hrs) – Post arrival at Kochi, shift to Munnar exploring Karadippara view point, Valera and Kallar falls. In Munnar explore Rajamalai National Park, Tea Museum and Mattupetty Dam.
- Day 2: Munnar- Jeep safari to Kudagumaly view point, Elephant safari, Kerala martial art, Kathakali performance etc. Enjoy and click photos at Tea Plantation farms.
- Day 3: Munnar to Thekkady (4 hrs, 120 km) – Travel to Thekkady visiting tea plantations. Enjoy one of the traditional dance form of Kerala Kathakali and age old fighting technique form Kalaripayattu performance in the evening.
- Day 4 : Thekkedy – Houseboat – Cruise through Vembanadu Lake, paddy fields, Alleppey canals, Alleppey backwaters and Houseboats. Tourists can also enjoy fishing in the backwater and lake.
- Day 5: Houseboat – Cherai Beach( 90 Km, 2 Hrs) – Visit fort Kochi, Jewish Synagogue, Dutch Palace, Chinese Fish Net etc . Stay at beach resort.
- Day 6: Kochi (75km, 2hr) – Full day in Kochi. Visit marine drive, shopping at Kochi. Leave from Kochi Airport.
How to Reach Kerala from Singapore
- By Airways: There are multiple flights by leading air carriers like Air India, Singapore Airlines, Indigo, Air Asia between Singapore and many cities of Kerala with direct flights between 6- 9 hrs. Below is the duration of the main cities:
- Singapore to Kochi: Direct flights from Singapore to Kochi, 6- 7 hours
- Singapore to Thiruvananthapuram: Direct flights from Singapore to Thiruvananthapuram, 8+ hours.
- Singapore to Kannur: There are connecting flights from Singapore Changi to Kannur which will take about 13 hours.
- Singapore to Kozhikode: Direct flights from Singapore to Kozhikode, 8 hours
As per Indian rules, If you do not wish to stay for more than 60 days in India, you can submit a Visa application to the Indian consulate in Singapore, which will cost about $25. The Singapore nationals can apply for Indian Visa with all the required documents in Indian Visa Application Centre (IVAC) or they can also apply for an e-visa on https://indiavisainfo.com/apply-india-visa/ and fill “India visa application” form which is free of cost. Once your visa is sent to you, you can make the payment (about $30)
Hire Tour & Travel Operator in Kerala
While planning your trip to Kerala, hire the best Tour Operators. Srees Tours & Travels are the best travel and hospitality service providers in India who offer the best tours and travel packages to Kerala at affordable rates.
Srees Tours & Travels plans the complete tour itinerary and ensures that the guests remember the experience for a lifetime. They also provide nature tourism packages that are especially popular among international tourists as they provide tailor-made trips that cater to the comfort and entertainment of guests above everything else.