9 Best 4-Star Resorts in Munnar for Family & Couples to Enjoy Summer Holidays
Looking to book the best 4-star resorts in Munnar? Does the booking agent really offer 4-star hotels/resorts? this will be a challenging question for a guest who wants to book a good 4 Star Resort for their Holidays in Munnar or any other location.
Things to know before selecting 4-star Resorts
Being in travel industry and responsible tour operator agency, Srees Tours intend to write this article because of few reasons given below:
- We have seen many online booking websites or travel agents used to exploit or take advantage of lack of knowledge of guests about star classification of resorts.
- It is not mandatory for hotels to get classification from the Govt. and due to this reasons, Online Travel Agents (OTAs) and Travel Agents (TAs) are exploiting lack of awareness of the tourists and shows 3 Star Resorts as 4 Star Resorts to their guests!
- These OTAs or TAs have their own way to classify any resorts of their choice to a 4 Star Resort. I will show you how they do this!
- Since branding or obtaining classification of hotels is not mandatory, finding a true 4 Star Resort is very difficult and this is the reason, we have published this article!
- Some time when a guest is searching for hotels in Munnar, search results in Google shows review star like ***** which some time the guest may think that it’s a star category of the particular hotel. Actually it’s a average review status of the particular resort. (See below screenshot from Google search result on 4 star resorts in Munnar)
Due to these reasons, it is an embarrassing situation when the tourist reaches at resort and found that the facilities or services is lacking or not up to their expectations.
- Since Govt has also not strictly asking or it is not at all mandatory for the hotels to take a classification from Govt for running a hotel.
Purpose to Write this Article
- We, at SreesTours, take this opportunity to educate our guests, who are booking their hotels online, not to fall into the trap and book their resorts after carefully studying the star category of the particular resorts offered by their OTA in Munnar.
- As Munnar is a must-visit destination in the Kerala tour package, we started working with Munnar first. While trying to figure out the Best 4 Star Resorts in Munnar, it is required to go a little deeper about the star category.
- Here you need to know what is the facilities available in a 4 Star Resort? what is the basic requirement for hotels or resorts to get a 4 Star Classification? You should also know that Munnar is an award-winning place of Best Indian Destination for Romance.
- We also want to make it a point to mention that the article is about 4 Star Resorts and not for Hotels. Yes, there is a huge difference between resorts & hotels and we will also publish one dedicated article in this category.
But here is the brief difference between them as we classify hotel as – one multi-story building where many sides by side rooms with centralized AC, lift facilities, conference hall and many other facilities which need for a business booking, meeting as well as for tourist booking also.
Resorts mean – any holiday rentals have a vast open place, rooms in villas and cottages, a lawn, more open place, etc.
Here is the required facility to have a 4 Star Ratings for any Resorts:
Competent AuthorityUnlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
Competent Authority to award 4-star classification by a committee chaired by ADG (Tourism) Govt of India, along with representatives of FHRAI, HAI, IATO, TAAI, Principal Hotel Management Institute, and Representatives of India Tourism.
Facilities Should be Available in 4 Star Resorts
Govt of India has stipulated certain norms and conditions to award classification. Based on these stipulations or norms, below are the facilities that should be available in 4 Star Resort to get Classification.
- Minimum 10 rooms should be available for renting and all bedrooms have a minimum size of 140 sq ft, should have a safe, TV with entertainment facility, a mini-fridge, 2 bottles of minimum 500ml mineral water per room and a stationary folder with writing materials.
- Bed size should be 180cm, with a bed cover, 2 pillows, bed protector, mattress, etc.
- The bedroom should have an attached bathroom, free toiletries, 24 hours hot and cold water, shower cabin, and 1 out of 10 rooms should have a bathtub (bathtub requirement needs to comply by 2013).
- The bathroom should be a minimum of 45 square ft, free hair driers, 1 each bath towel and hand towel,
One multi-cuisine restaurant and one coffee shop with room service from 7 are to 11 pm.
Lift facilities for hotels have multiple floors.
- Minimum one room and washroom for disabled-friendly.
The above are the mandatory and important facilities must-have in a 4 Star Resort. Most of the good resorts now provide free coffee/tea baskets in the room, free wifi, internal telephone, basic facilities such as doctors on call, etc which makes a resort more attractive.Unlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
Note: Checkout detailed classification criteria checklist available here: HRACC Guidelines for Hotels
Best 4 Star Resorts in Munnar
It’s unfortunate that no 4 Star Resorts in Munnar have approved classification from Govt (as of 01 Jul 2017). That does not mean that there are no 4-star facility resorts in Munnar.
Based on the classification criteria mentioned by the Govt of India, below are the resorts which have 4-star facilities available in their resorts but they have not authorized 4-star resorts by the Govt of India.
You can rest assure to get 4-star facilities and this is the reason, we have included them in our article to help you to find the best 4-star facility resorts in Munnar.
1) The Tall Trees Resort – Forest Resort in Munnar
6 km from Munnar this resort is for all nature and greenery lovers. Spread on sixty-six acres of land TTTR has many deep-rooted tall trees that are as much as 1000 years old and cardamom plantations offering fresh air.
This place is always not crowded therefore it promises scores of secrecy for each dweller. The resort is located on sloppy land and wandering inside the resort is suitable for those who like to walk for 5-10 minutes.
The resort offers cars to commute inside it. This is a family-friendly resort with activities like indoor and outdoor games. You can enjoy playing table tennis, caroms, cards, chess, golf, etc. here. Old age people having breathing problems should avoid staying here.
2) Munnar Tea Country Resort – Best Resort in Munnar for Family
The closest of all the resorts in Munnar. Just 2 km away from the city, this is the place worth staying for making your holidays memorable Munnar, and refreshing. MTCR is famous for its tree plantation ambiance. The atmosphere here is so light.
Within few minutes, you can feel the positivity of the atmosphere inside you. MTCR provides the best of facilities. Moreover, these people never stop surprising you with their hospitality. Oceana spa is worth trying here.
3) Tea County Resort – Hill Resort in Munnar
This resort is situated at a distance of 12 km from Munnar City. This resort has Villas with Horizontal views and valley views. Not restricting the place for any particular group, here are family cottages as well as honeymoon villas.
So, no matter with whoever you visit here, you will always find this resort worth spending your vacations with your loved ones. The Valley View Villas here features this resort on the list of one of the best resorts in Munnar. The transportation facilities are also good here.
4) The Fog Resort – One of the Best Munnar Resorts for Family
Over a distance of 17 km from Munnar, The Fog Resorts & Spas compromise a different world inside it. The Valley View villas are just amazing. They provide free Wi-Fi, parking, a swimming pool, and many more things.
Here are many activities for kids like outdoor and indoor games like the resort has their clubhouse. Very friendly resort for kids. Not forgetting the newly married love birds, here are beautiful honeymoon paradises. Couples try the Bodhi spa here together.
5) Mountain Club Resort – Premium Resort in Munnar with Swimming Pool
One of the highly-rated resorts in Munnar, Mountain Club is situated at Chinnakanal, at a distance of around 17 km from Munnar city. The resort has well-refined cottages with fireplaces.
This is a multi-cuisine restaurant. Here is a beautiful coffee shop in the resort. Moreover, health clubs and Ayurveda enhance the ranking of this place. This resort offers long stays, weddings, monsoon packages, theme dinners, conferences, and much more.
6) Ragamaya Resort & Spa – Luxury Resort in Munnar
The best-recognized resort for mountain and valley view villas in Munnar, Ragamaya in Rajakkad is considered as one of the most luxurious resorts in Kerala. This place offers one of the eye-pleasing views in the Western Ghats.
One of the best parts of this resort is its Aranya Leela Honeymoon Cottage with a private plunge pool. Not only that, here is a temperature-controlled infinity pool. The restaurant- Sameera dishes are just mouthwatering. Spandini, the spa over here is quite relaxing.
7) The Leaf Resort – Nature Resort in Munnar
17 km away from the city, The Leaf resort is a picture-perfect place. If you are a peace lover, this place belongs to you. This place is like a dream come true. Dream of having your own house at a hill station.
People here are so full of positivity and friendly. You don’t feel away from home. The resort also has many facilities like a swimming pool, parking, Wifi. This resort shows you nature at its best. A complete package. Worth staying here.
8) Rivulet Resort – Best Honeymoon Resort in Munnar
Rivulet Resort, the best river view resort in Munnar, located at a distance of 15 km from the city is the powerhouse resort. The atmosphere at this place brings a different kind of energy inside you that you just always want to stay here.
It provides suites on a hillside tea plantation and doesn’t forget the luxuries river-view rooms. The spa is done here. Services are quite impressive. Here you can have a lot of fun experiences. Also, the areas near the resorts are just worth exploring.
9) Tea Valley Resort – One of the Premium Resorts in Munnar
The Tea Valley Resort is a 4-star luxury resort located at Pallivasal, Munnar. This resort provides the best luxury accommodation and is the perfect honeymoon stay for a married couple. Tea Valley Resort is one of the finest resorts in Munnar surrounded by greenery and the rooms can give the best natural sights to couples.
To make your honeymoon more memorable Tea Valley Resort has also some thrilling activities such as Tree Top, Rock zone, and few other outdoor activities. Overall Tea Valley resort has a fantastic stay facility, good services, excellent staff, tasty food, and many more. Enjoy your stay.
Comparison of these 4 Star Resorts
|Resort||Location and distance from Munnar city||Resort Ambiance||Average discounted room price for couple||Trip Advisor|
|Any Additional Free
Service provided by the resort or Facilities
|Forest||Rs 7000||4.5 out of 5||Trekking ,Campfire, In door and Outdoor Games, 24-hour running hot and cold water, DTH TV, Free Wifi, Laundry Service, Tea/ Coffee maker, Nature-based Toiletries|
|Tea County Resort Munnar||Munnar city|
|Tea plantation||Rs.3700||4.6 out of 5||Not available|
|Tea Country Resort Anachal||Anachal|
|Valley view||Rs.3700||4.6 out of 5||Daily Trekking|
|The Fog Resort & Spa||Eetty city / Merikulam|
|Valley view||Rs.6000||5 out of 5||Tea Plantation visit|
|Mountain Club Resort||Chinnakanal|
|Mountain and Valley view||Rs.5000||4.5 out of 5||Only Health Club and Pool|
|Ragamaya resort & spa||Rajakkad|
|Mountain & Valley view||Rs.6500||4.5 out of 5||Nothing available|
|The Leaf Resort||Eatty city/|
|Valley view||Rs.5000||5 out of 5||Only Jacuzzi available in the Higher category rooms|
|River View||Rs.3200||4.5 out of 5||Nature walk, Bamboo Drifting|
Compare Facilities Available in these 4 Star Resorts
|Resort||Room Sizes||Free Wi-fi||Restaurant & Coffee shop||Swimming Pool||Spa||Children Playing area||Indoor games||Gym|
|Tall Trees||200 sq. feet to 644 sq. feet||Yes||Only Restaurant||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tea County Resort Munnar||210 sq, feet average||Yes||Only Restaurant||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Tea Country Resort Anachal||600 sq. feet to 680 sq. feet||Yes||Only Restaurant||No||Yes||No||No||No|
|The Fog Resort & Spa||345 sq. feet to 1200 sq. feet||Yes||Both||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Mountain Club Resort||400 sq. feet to 540 sq. feet||Yes||Both||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Ragamaya Resort & Spa||324 sq. feet to 360 sq. feet||Yes||Only Restaurant||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|The Leaf Resort||230 sq. feet to 1200 sq. feet||Yes||Both||Yes||No||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Rivulet Resort||300 sq. feet to 690 sq. feet||Yes||Only Restaurant||No||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
Here our goal to publish this article is to make you aware about the facts of 4 Star resorts in Munnar. That will help you to choose the best resorts at most economical cost. If you find any query or have any suggestion on this article, you may feel free to write us or put your comment below. We would love to answer your query.