About One Day Trip from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari Tourist Places:
We know that Kerala is the best tourist destination for all-season. There are many beautiful tourist places to visit Kerala. Kanyakumari is one of those places where you can go for a one day trip. We have organized a one-day trip from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari route. Book one of the best one day trip packages from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari and enjoy one day journey in your weekend. When you are going Trivandrum to Kanyakumari, below are the different routes available.
Available Routes of Trivandrum to Kanyakumari Day Trip :
1) Direct to Kanyakumari-
This is the best option, in case you do not need any sightseeing on the way from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari.
- Trivandrum – Nemom – Balaramapuram – Neyyattinkara – Amaravila – Parasala – Marthandam – Thuckalay – Suchindram – Kanyakumari. Total 91 kms and it takes 3 hrs direct drive.
2) Direct to Kanyakumari via coastal highway-
This route is very scenic as you are going via coastal highway. From Ganapathipuram, you will be on a coastal highway which gives you a very scenic ride towards Kanyakumari.
- Trivandrum – Nemom – Balaramapuram – Neyyattinkara – Amaravila – Parasala – Marthandam – Thuckalay – Thingal Nagar – Kurunthancode – Ganapathipuram – Manakudy – Kanyakumari. Total 97kms and it takes 3hrs drive.
As per the sightseeing program given in the package, below is the route we are following.
- Trivandrum – Kovalam – Poovar – Kaliyakkavilai – Marthandam – Thuckalay – Suchindram – Kanyakumari. Total 130 km and it takes 5.3 hrs direct drive.
The taxi needs an interstate permit to go to Kanyakumari. You can get a permit from any of the two check posts in Kerala at Parasala or Poovar. Once the permit is obtained, it needs to be stamped from the only Tamil Nadu entry check post at Kaliyakkavilai. To obtain the permit, we need to give the travelers full details including name, age address, etc and the driver will take a permit on this basis. Since these formalities are completed, we advise you to plan the Kanyakumari day visit as early as possible so that an advance permit can be obtained from the nearest RTO.
How to Reach?
- Pick up and drop facility is available from Trivandrum airport, railway station, bus stand and any hotels located within Trivandrum city limit. Pick up and drop facility from Kovalam hotels are also available.
- Pick up is by 08:00 hrs and approximate drop back by 21:00-22:00 hrs.
One Day Trip Tourist Places from Trivandrum to Kanyakumari:
1. Boating in Poovar- Beautiful Island of Kerala
The Attraction of Poovar: Mangrove forest, Variety of Birds
Duration of Trip: Approx 1.15 hours
Cost of Boat: Approx 2000 rs. for 2 persons, 2500 rs. for 4 adults
Best Time to for boating: Before 10 am. we have planned boating from 09:00 hrs till 10:00 hrs.
We do not recommend for this, who already had a backwater trip in Alleppey, Kumarakom or Quilon, except the bird watching in the mangrove forest, the trip is almost similar.
2. Padmanabhapuram Palace-
Known as: Wooden Palace
Location: On the way from Poovar to Kanyakumari
Things to Know about this Place:
- One of the finest examples of Kerala Architecture.
- Constructed in wood
- Underground Passage for emergency escape.
- 300 years old clock tower
- The bathing pond just like nowadays swimming pools.
3. Mathur Aqueduct-
Also Known as: Mathur hanging Trough
Speciality of this Place:
- It is the concrete trough of 7 ft height and 7.5 ft width which covered by the concrete slab
- Trough supported by 28 pillars and having height of 115 ft.
- The trough is made to carry water for domestic and agricultural purposes
Why to think before the visit Mathur hanging Trough:
a) You might have much better and best viewpoints than this if you already visited or going to visit after your Kanyakumari trip.
b) This is not located on the roadside, but you need to travel 45 mins from the main highway connecting Kanyakumari and Poovar. This may surely affect your other sightseeing options.
Note: This sightseeing is optional.
4. Vattakottai Fort- Popular Tourist Place of Kanyakumari
Location: 7 km ahead of Kanyakumari from Nagarcoil.
Best time to visit: Early morning or afternoon
Interesting things at Vattakottai fort for visitors:
- Best view of the sea from the fort
- beautiful place to relax your self
- Perfect place for a photoshoot in Kanyakumari
Why Vattakottai fort is circular?
- Vattakottai means round fort. This fort was made for the strategic purpose and to keep arm & ammunition of the Kingdom
- You can skip this place if you have less interest to visit this place
- when you are visiting here carry water bottles because there are no shops around this place
5. Observation Tower (View Tower)-
Specialties of this View Tower:
- This tower was made to view the sunset & sunrise.
- The height of the tower is approx 100 meters and spiral constructed walkway without any steps. Therefore, It is comfortable for all age group
- By standing top of tower 360-degree view of the sea and the best place for photography
6. Bharat Mata Temple:
Location: 2.5 km before reaching Kanyakumari from Nagercoil
About Bharat Mata Temple:
- constructed in 12000 sqft
- fully air-conditioned two-floor temple
- The first floor is known as Bharat Maata Sadanam
- In First Floor 12 ft bronze statue of Swami Vivekananda is situated and drawings based on motherhood
- This drawing representing five mothers – Goddess Parvathi, Shakunthala (mother of Bharat), Jijabai (mother of Shivaji), Sharada Devi (mother of Swami Vivekananda) and Mata Amritanandamayi.
- 108 Mural of Ramayana Darshan and the oil-painted wooden panel is displayed
- 27 ft Hanuman statue made on a single granite
7. Suchindram Temple:
Location: between Kanyakumari and Nagarcoil
Importance of this Place:
- In this temple, “Thrimoorthi” is placed in one sanctum sanctorum.
- This temple is called “STHANUMALAYAN”, which means Shiva, Vishnu, and Brahma
- 134 ft tall gopuram and 18 ft hanuman idol inside the temple
- In morning: 04:30 hrs till 11:00 hrs
- In afternoon: 17:00 hrs till 20:30 hrs
Important Travel Advice:
- Remove your shirt before entering the temple.
- Ladies are allowed to wear pants, churidar or saree.
- Special or normal darshan is available.
There are many other beautiful tourist places are available during Trivandrum to Kanyakumari for 1-day trip. below is the list of those other places.
- Vivekananda rock
- Thiruvalluvar Statue
- Mahatma Gandhi Mandapam
- Sarvani Shaktipeeth Shri Bhagavathy Temple
- Mayapuri Wonder Wax Museum
- Triveni Sangam
- Kanyakumari Beach
- Sunset View Point
Get detail information about these places in our other article Kovalam to Kanyakumari
Important Travel Tips of Trivandrum to Kanyakumari 1 Day trip:
- If you want to select this package and want to customize it as per your choices, it can be easily be done.
- Timing mentioned should be kept and in case if any sightseeing could not be completed, there will not be any refund available.
- In case you are coming for a Kerala trip with other places, it advisable to take the taxi with you rather than booking this package.
- If you want to know which are the most important sightseeing option out of the mentioned above, we recommend you skip Padmanabha Puram place, Mathur Aqueduct, and wax museum.
Package Cost Per Person:
|Persons||Total Cost for the trip|
|Cost for 2 adults With sedan ac car 3+1 seat||Rs 4900|
|Cost for 4 adults With Innova ac car 6+1||Rs 7800|
|Cost for 6 adults With Innova ac car 6+1||Rs 8200|
|Cost for 12 adults 12 seat ac tempo traveler 11+1||Rs 12200|
- AC car as per the details mentioned above all-inclusive.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Special Boating entry ticket to Kanyakumari.
- Veg south Indian thali meal in a restaurant.
- 1 ltr of mineral water for the whole tour.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Poovar mangrove forest boating is not included.
- Apart from the driver, no other guide is included.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra