Kerala Tour Package From Tirupati
This article is being published by Srees Tours, a leading local online travel agent located in Kumarakom, Kerala for those who are looking for Kerala tour package from Tirupati. As we all know Tirupati is known for famous Shri Balaji temple, this article is meant for those planning their Kerala trip before or after Shri Balaji temple visit and also for those who want to visit Kerala from Tirupati. Want to Know More about Srees Tours – here you go.
How to reach Kerala:
Kerala can be accessed by train or flight from Tirupati.
There is no direct flight from Tirupati Airport to Kochi (Cochin) Airport. All the flights are via Hyderabad or Bangalore/Delhi. Most flights take 10 Hrs to reach Kochi airport. Those who are looking at flight only option, Chennai to Kochi airport is another option. Tirupati to Chennai airport by road take 3.5 Hrs drive and there are many cheap flights available from Chennai to Kochi frequently.
Those who are looking for a train journey to Kerala have many options available. It takes almost 12 to 13 Hrs to reach by train to Kerala. The Railway station to board from Tirupati is called Tirupati(TPTY) and the station to reach is Ernakulum (ERS/ERN) in Kerala. There are two rly stations available in Ernakulam. Ernakulam South (ERS) and Ernakulam North (ERN). Both these rly stations are nearby and tourist can choose any rly station as their arrival. Below is the schedule of the trains available from Tirupati to Ernakulam Rly station. Apart from direct train access to Kerala, there are many trains starting from Chennai in the evening and reaching Ernakulam by morning.
Train Schedule from Tirupati (TPTY) to Ernakulum (ERS/ERN):
|Train No||Train Name||From||Dep||To||Arrival||Dist.||Travel Time||Mon||Tue||Wed||Thu||Fri||Sat||Sun||Class|
|12626||Kerala Express||TPTY||20:54||ERS||09:40||677||12:46||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||2A 3A SL|
|16318||Himsagar Exp||TPTY||01:22||ERN||14:00||674||12:38||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||2A 3A SL|
|16360||PNBE ERS Exp||TPTY||10:00||ERS||23:15||676||13:15||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||2A 3A SL|
|16381||Kanyakumari Exp||TPTY||15:15||TRTR||05:24||687||14:09||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||2A 3A SL|
|17230||Sabari Exp||TPTY||00:15||ERN||13:20||675||13:05||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||2A 3A SL|
|18567||VSKP QLN Exp||RU||22:05||ERN||10:35||703||12:30||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||2A 3A SL|
Train Schedule from Ernakulum (ERS/ERN) to Tirupati (TPTY):
|Train No||Train Name||From||Dep||To||Arrival||Dist.||Travel Time||Mon||Tue||Wed||Thu||Fri||Sat||Sun||Class|
|22838||Dharti-Aaba Express||ERS||00:25||RU||12:05||706||11:40||No||No||No||Yes||No||No||No||2A 3A|
|17229||Sabari Exp||ERN||12:10||TPTY||00:30||675||12:20||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||2A 3A SL|
|16382||Cape Mumbai Exp||ERN||13:40||TPTY||03:15||675||13:35||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||2A 3A SL|
|12625||Kerala Express||ERS||15:45||TPTY||03:55||677||12:10||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||2A 3A SL|
Flight or train tickets should be booked only after the tourist decides which the destination he is visiting. Just for example, if a guest wants to visit Guruvayur temple, Munnar, Thekkedy, Alleppey / Kumarakom, Houseboat – the arrival and departure should be from Ernakulam Rly station or Kochi airport. If the trip covering Trivandrum, Kovalam, Kanyakumari etc, it is always better to depart from Trivandrum airport or Kochuveli Rly station or Trivandrum Rly Station. Otherwise, after visiting Trivandrum / Kovalam, it takes approximately 7 Hrs by road to reach Kochi airport.
Booking of Train Tickets:
One can log on to Indianrail.gov.in for booking tickets. The reservation of seats for all classes starts 120 days prior. Most of these trains are over booked during season (Oct to Mar) and holidays therefore need an advance booking required for a comfortable journey.
Foreign nationals who are looking for short notice travel have a couple of options available. The first one is a couple of seats available for foreign nationals in each rly stations. To avail this facility, one can approach Reservation Manager at respective rly station. Second option is reservation tickets available through Tatkal. This is available for all citizens of India and foreigners also. It starts at 10 A.M. one day prior and this facility is available from the reservation counter of each rly station and also through the web site mentioned above. The best suited travel class in train for foreigners is 2A or 3A which is completely air-conditioned. SL is non air-conditioned sleeper class which very cheaper.
Best Places to Visit in Kerala:
While selecting places of visit in Kerala, we can divide Kerala in to four main destinations. Hill stations, Wild life sanctuaries, Backwaters and Beaches.
Hill Stations: Most attractive hill station in Kerala is Munnar. Other hill stations are Wayanad, Ponmudi, Gavi etc.
Wild life sanctuaries: Thekkady (Periyar) wild life sanctuary is the most famous and easily accessed wild life sanctuary for the tourists who visit Kerala as it’s located between Munnar and Alleppey and close to Kochi also.
Backwaters and Houseboat: Main attraction of Kerala tourism is the houseboats which is located in Kumarakom and Alleppey.
Beaches of Kerala: Most attractive and famous Beach of Kerala is Kovalam. Apart from Kovalam, Cherai, Marari, Poovar, Alleppey etc are other beaches of Kerala.
Visiting Famous Temples in Kerala while on Tour: Apart from above destinations, those who look for famous temple tour like – Guruvayur Temple, Sri Padmanabha Swamy temple, Sabarimala Ayyappa temple, Chottanikkara Bhagwati Amman temple etc can be included within the Kerala Tour.
Best Unforgettable Experiences in Kerala during the Visit:
There are number of activities which makes an unforgettable experience for the guest during their visit to Kerala. Some of them are given below.
- Athirapally water falls. This is one of the best waterfalls in god’s own country, Kearla. The best time to visit this place is from Jun to Feb. Browse the list of popular waterfalls of Kerala with breathtaking images.
- Overnight stay in a tree house in any of the destinations in Kerala. Visit this link to get more details.
- Country houseboat trip in Kumarakom or Alleppey in a narrow canal. For more details visit us here to book your houseboat tour package at best price ever.
- A sun set cruise through the lap of Vembanadu lake.
How to Plan Best Kerala Tour Package from Tirupati:
While planning Kerala Tour package, two options of packages is available according to days available with tourist.
Kochi to Kochi round package covering Munnar, Thekkady, Kumarakom, Alleppey and Kochi. Minimum 5 days is required to cover this programme. This package does not cover other destination like Kovalam, Trivandrum and Kanyakumari.
Kochi to Trivandrum covering Munnar, Thekkady, Kumarakom, Alleppey, Kovalam, Kanyakumari and Trivandrum. Minimum 7 days required to cover this package.
In case the tourist has more days some of the destination located near to Kerala can also be covered. These destinations are below:-
#1 – Kodaikanal:- Kodaikanal can be reached from Munnar. It takes almost 7hrs drive from Munnar to Kodaikanal. Minimum 2 days required to cover Kodaikanal. After Kodaikanal, the guest can travel to Thekkedy (Periyar) which is 6hrs drive from Kodaikanal.
#2 – Rameswaram:- In case Rameswaram needs to be covered, one needs to extend two more days and can travel from Trivandrum or Kanyakumari. The nearest rly station is Rameswaram or Madurai from where one can get train to Tirupati via Chennai.
How to Book this Package:
Booking of the tour & travel package with Srees Tours is very simple. Once the hotels options are given, we need 25% advances. You can send this payment by credit card, payment gateway, online transfer etc. A receipt and hotel confirmation voucher will be issued very next day. One day prior arrival, we will call and give message regarding the drivers. Balance payment is collected on arrival or during the trip. These procedures are very simple and since balance payment is being collected almost at the end of the trip, the package is fully secured.
Our Four Specialties Comparing to Other Travel Agents:
- We do not have any call centre, call waiting. Our executive attends the call any time.
- The owner is a Kerala local person and has good contact and familiar with the places and is always available with a helping hand.
- We own our houseboats in Kumarakom and Alleppey – Lake View houseboats.
- Approved by Kerala Tourism, Government of Kerala.
5 Ni 6 Days Kerala Tour Package from Tirupati:
Destination Covered in this Tour Package:
- Guruvayur Temple
Day 1: Kochi – Guruvayur (2 Hrs)
Arrival by afternoon at Kochi airport or meet, receive and transfer to Guruvayur. Overnight stay in Guruvayur.
Day 2: Guruvayur – Munnar (5 Hrs)
4 A.M. – Early morning visit Guruvayur temple. Vakachartu – vary auspicious to have darshan 09:00 Hrs B/F and proceed to Munnar.
Dress code:– Certain dress code is applicable for entry. Gents only dhoti, pants or burmuda pants are not allowed. Wearing shirt/tea shirt/banyan etc not allowed. Ladies – Churidar and saree is allowed. Thursday, Darshan timing starts at early 3.30 A.M. till 12 P.M. and 4 P.M. to 8 P.M. There will be heavy rush on Sunday, 1st of all Malayalam calendar months, (1st day of Malayalam month falls any of 14th, 15th or 16th of English month) and some of the special pooja days. One needs to stand on the queue for a minimum 1 Hr and during the rush days, it may go upto 3 to 4 Hrs. Old aged and handicapped persons have special entry available) Flowers, agarbati, or any pooja items will not be allowed taken inside the sanctum sanctuary)
Enroute visit Valera waterfalls, Karadippara View Point & Kallar Falls. Check in resort. Half day sightseeing of Tea Museum, Munnar city, Pothenmedu sun set view etc.
Day 3: Munnar
After breakfast Munnar sightseeing. Visiting Mattupetti Dam, Echo Point, Kundala Lake, International blossom Park, Pothenmedu sunset view, Tea museum etc. Half day sightseeing of Munnar. Rajamalai and Eravikulam national park.
- Rajamali National Park :– Entry Fee @ Rs 50 per person. Open all days from 09:00 Hrs to 16:00 Hrs. Closed from 01 Mar to 30 Apr every year.
- Tea Museum :– Entry fee Rs 75pp. open all days from 10:00 Hrs to 16:00 Hrs except Monday.
- Mattupetty Dam Boating :– Rs 350 upto 5 adults.
Other Attractions :
- Jeep Safari to Kudagumali View Point (cost approx Rs 1500 per person by Jeep)
- Elephant safari / Kerala martial Art / Kathakali etc
- Stay in TREE House.
Day 4: Munnar – Thekkedy (120 Kms 4 Hrs)
After breakfast transfer to Thekkady. On the way visit Lockhart Gap View and tea Plantation. Check in at Hotel. Afternoon Kathakali and Kalaripayattu (these are traditional art forms of Kerala. Entry per person @ 250 per show).
Options & Activities:
- Bamboo rafting (6 A.M. to 6 P.M.) and Trekking in forest with lunch. Armed Escort available. @ Rs 1500 per person. Full day programme.
- Morning and evening trekking – guide and armed guard available.
- Boating in Periyar Wild Life Sanctuary – Cost Rs 200 per person (Timing 7:00 A.M, 10:00 A.M, 12:00 P.M, 2:00 P.M. and 4:00 P.M.)
- Plantation tour – Rs 100 entry fee per person. (Morning 6:00 A.M. to Evening 6:00 P.M.)
- Elephant safari – approx Rs 600 per person. (Morning 6:00 A.M. to Evening 6:00 P.M.)
- Jeep Safari to GAVI Wild Life – 6:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.@ Rs 1500 per person.
Day 5: Thekkedy – Houseboat
Check in Houseboat at 12:00 Hrs. Cruise and sightseeing. Cruise through Vembanadu lake. Visit R Block and C Block where paddy cultivated below sea level. Cruise through canals of Alleppey. The boat can stop some of the places and you can walk in the village to see and experience the village life – the best way to experience Alleppey backwaters in Houseboat. Lunch, evening snacks, dinner and breakfast will be provided.
Options and Activities
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters.
Day 6: Kochi
- Check out from Houseboat and proceed to Kochi. Half day Kochi sightseeing and shopping.
- Visit Fort Kochi, Chinese fishing nets, Jewish synagogue, mattancherry palace(dutch palace), Marine drive etc and overnight stay at hotel.
Note: Jewish synagogue will be closed on Friday and Saturday.
Kerala Tour Package Details:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Luxury||Premium|
|Guruvayur||Hotel Nandanam||Basuri Inn||Mayoora Residency||Krishna Inn|
|Hotel C 7
Mountain Court Yard
|Houseboat Lakeviewhouseboat||AC Deluxe||AC Deluxe||Luxury AC||Premium|
|Cost for a Couple With AC Sedan Car Valid From 01 Oct to 31 Mar – Not Valid from 15 Dec to 15 Jan||Rs 29,700||Rs 33,700||Rs 37,800||Rs 49,900|
|Cost for two Couple 2 Rooms with Ertica / Tavera AC car Valid From 01 Apr to 30 Sep|
|Extra person with extra bed||Rs 4,000||Rs 4,000||Rs 4,900||Rs 8,250|
Service Tax : 9% extra
- Child upto 6 yrs sharing same bed with parents will be complimentarily.
- Child upto 12 yrs – Rs 400 child charges per ni applicable, in case share the bed with parents.
- Child upto 12 yrs with extra bed – Same charge of an extra person.
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation except Hill Station (Munnar and Thekkedy) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast
- AC Indica car for all the transfers and the possible local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- All the applicable taxes.
- The above hotels are subject to availability, in case of non availability similar hotels will provide.
- Hotel Check in and Check out at 12:00 Hrs.
- Cruise time from 12:00 Hrs to 17:30 Hrs with 1 hr lunch break. Next day 08:00 Hrs to 09:00 Hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee / tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- Deluxe and Luxury Houseboat – AC working time 21:00 Hrs to 07:00 Hrs.
- Premium – 24 hrs ac
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages does not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees , Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance etc.
- Children’s above 5 yrs is chargeable.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package inclusion.
- Cost does not inclusive of Train Tickets.