Best Kerala Tour Itinerary – Complete South Kerala 7 Days Round Trip Detailed Plan and Places
Planning a trip to Kerala for a week? Then please read the below article which gives details about how to plan this, which is the best itinerary, how can the cost is reduced, etc. we have try to plan best 7 days south Kerala tour guide which covers best tourist places of Kerala.
Travel Guide on How to Plan a weekend trip (7 days) to Kerala?
Basically, when you planning 7 days south Kerala tour you can plan this trip in two different ways. Since Munnar and Alleppey are the two destinations which tourist cannot avoid due to its popularity, usually when a 7 days package is prepared, Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey is in the list. So the other destinations that can be included in this 7 days trip are Trivandrum, Kovalam, and a trip to Kanyakumari, in case required. That means a usual 7 days tour package to Kerala covers Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey, Kovalam, Trivandrum, and an option to visit Kanyakumari.
Kerala Itinerary for 7 Days:Unlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
The other itinerary of 7 days south Kerala tour is a round trip without Kovalam and Trivandrum but can add destinations like Kumarakom and beaches like Mararikulam or Cherai beach, the famous Athirapally waterfalls, Guruvayur temple, etc. Summarily, we can plan a 7 days trip to Kerala with and without Trivandrum, Kovalam, and Kanyakumari. All the details about these itineraries are below.
1) Guide on 7 Days Kerala Round Trip:
This 7 days south Kerala round tour starting and ending at Kochi covering the best destinations like Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey, Cherai beach, and Kochi. Athirapally waterfalls, Guruvayur temple, Vagamon hill station, etc can also be added to the round trip. Summarily this is a seven days Kerala trip is very relaxing, less travel on-road and more good destinations are covered, but Trivandrum, Kovalam, and Kanyakumari are not included.
Why to Choose Kerala round trip (Advantages)?
- Pick up and drop is at Kochi airport. Since airfare to Kochi and back is cheaper, the overall package price will be cheaper.
- Since the taxi is not going to Trivandrum and Kovalam, comparatively taxi charges are less. The overall package price will be cheaper.
- All the destinations are close to each other, therefore, the average maximum travel time is not more than 3.5 hrs.
- Best itinerary for honeymooners as every day pack and unpack is not required.
- Since it’s a relaxing trip, you will get more time to enjoy nature and enjoy the facilities available in the resort you are staying in.
- Easy to connect with Kodaikanal and Madurai as these destinations are close by Thekkady.
- Kochi and Athirapally waterfall can easily be covered in this itinerary. When these included in the other program, it’s not so easy due to less time.
- It is easy to Include famous temples like Guruvayur and Chottanikkara on the round trip.
Best 7 Days Round Trip of Kerala:Unlock Best Deal on Kerala Tour Package Now
Below are the best 7 days south Kerala round trip to Kerala which does not cover Trivandrum and Kovalam.
- 7 days – 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Thekkady, 1 ni Alleppey Houseboat, 1 ni Cherai, 1 ni Kochi with Kumarakom sightseeing. Get More details about this 7 days Kerala package.
Does it require 7 days to cover Kerala round trip?
NO, you do not require 7 days south Kerala tour to visit the round trip which includes destinations like Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey, and Kochi. You can do this trip in five days and even include Athirapally and Guruvayur temple also. But remember that it will be too hectic, pack and unpack every day which makes you feel uncomfortable sometimes. Below are some of the best round trip tour packages. But this can easily be customized according to your choice.
- 5 days – 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Thekkady, 1 ni Alleppey Houseboat with Kochi sightseeing included. Get more details about this 5 days Kerala package.
- 6 Days – 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Thekkady, 1 ni Houseboat, and 1 ni Cherai beach with Kochi sightseeing. detail about this 6 days Kerala package.
- 6 Days – 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Thekkady, 1 ni Houseboat, and 1 ni Kumarakom with Kochi Sightseeing. Get more details about this 6 days Kerala package. Below package is the lowest priced or cheapest compared to all other packages with all the places covered in the round trip.
- 6 days – 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Thekkady, 1 ni Aleppey and 1 ni Kochi with Cherai beach and Athirapally sightseeing included. Get more details about this 6 days Kerala package.
How can I Include Guruvayur Temple in the Round Trip?
Guruvayur temple is located north side of Kochi airport (81kms/ 2hrs by road) and Ernakulam (85 km and 2.5 hrs by road). That means, when you include Guruvayur in the round trip, you are traveling to the opposite side of the usual trip plan. Below are some of the tips which help you to plan how Guruvayur can be included in the round trip.
Tips to add Guruvayuvar Temple in Round Trip:
- The first option to add a one-night stay in Guruvayur so that you can have easy darshan and pooja also.
- If you are coming by early morning and that too by train, you can alight at Trissur railway station and then proceed to Guruvayur for darshan. Its just 30 mins drive to Guruvayur. After darshan, you can proceed to Munnar which is 5hrs by road. If you want to plan like this, ensure, you reach Trissur by morning 6 or 7 am.
- In case you are coming by afternoon or evening train, the best advice is to stay overnight in Guruvayur.
- In case you are coming by flight either afternoon or late evening, always recommend staying overnight in Guruvayur.
- You can also plan on the last day of your tour in case your flight or train is leaving after 7 or 8 pm.
- You can stay in Kochi and proceed to Guruvayur for darshan. But keep in mind the opening and closing time. Temple is closed or entry not allowed from 11:30 hrs till 16:00 hrs.
Please visit our Guruvayur temple page for more information.
How can I include Kodaikanal in this trip?
Yes, you can include Kodaikanal with the Kerala round trip but need to have a minimum of 6 days. Please see below some of the travel tips.
- Firstly, you should know how to travel from Munnar to Kodaikanal or vice versa. We have published an article about this. See our article Travel guide on Munnar to Kodaikanal.
- Arrival and Departure from Kochi airport or railway station. Based on this you can have 2 nights stay in Munnar, 2 nights in Kodaikanal, 1 night in Thekkady (Periyar), 1 night in Alleppey, and finally drop at Kochi. Total 7 days and in case you skip Thekkady, this package can be designed for 6 days. Please have a look at 7 days Kerala Kodaikanal tour details.
- Arrival at Coimbatore or Madurai and departure from Kochi. Based on this arrival and departure, the trip starts from Kodaikanal and ending at Kochi. Minimum 6 days required and we have two similar tour package listed and details are below.
- Option I – 6 Days. 2 nights Kodaikanal, 2 nights Munnar, 1-night Alleppey. Get more detail about this Kerala Kodaikanal tour package.
- Option II – 7 Days. 2 nights Kodaikanal, 2 nights Munnar, 1 Thekkady (Periyar), 1-night Alleppey. Get more detail about this 7 days Kerala Kodaikanal package.
I would like to visit Ooty also. Can I include Ooty on this round trip?
Yes, but it will be a different package altogether, it cannot complete in 7 days and you need a minimum of 8 days for this trip. we are coming up with this package soon.
I would like to visit Madurai and Rameswaram. How can I include on this trip?
You need to add a minimum of 2 more days in this trip provided your arrival is at Kochi but convenient departure should be from Madurai. we are coming up with this package soon.
2) 7 Days Kerala Trip:
This 7 days trip is starting from Kochi and ending at Trivandrum which covers Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey, Trivandrum, and Kovalam with an option to visit Kanyakumari also. Detailed Information of the Option II itinerary is below.
4 Advantages of this Kerala Trip:
- You will be fully satisfied when you think like “I have seen all Kerala in 7 days” because most of the tourist attraction destinations in Kerala are covered in 7 days.
- Jatayu earth center or Varkala beach is located on the way from Aleppey to Kovalam therefore easy to visit.
- Easy to include or a visit to Kanyakumari is possible while staying in Kovalam.
- If you are a religious and need a famous temple visit, Sree Padmanabha Swamy temple in Trivandrum is included in this tour.
7 Disadvantages of this Trip:
- Your arrival is at Kochi and departure is from Trivandrum. In case you book a return flight from Kochi, it takes 7 hrs to reach back to Kochi from Trivandrum.
- Except in Munnar and Kovalam where you are staying two nights, all other destinations are of one night each. So you have a pack and unpack most of the days.
- Not recommended for honeymooners due to pack and unpack most of the days.
- Too much of travel by road as Alleppey to Kovalam is almost 5hrs drive.
- Package price will increase as flights from Trivandrum are expensive and taxi is also costly.
- Not idle for a religious or temple tour. Except for Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple at Trivandrum, due to limited time availability, visiting other temples is difficult.
- Including Guruvayur in this tip is difficult.
Best 7 Days Trip to Kerala Covering Kovalam, Trivandrum & Kanyakumari:
We have already mentioned above regarding 7 days south Kerala tour which is not covering Kovalam, Trivandrum, and Kanyakumari. Now we will give you details about the best 7 days trip which will cover all the important destinations in Kerala like Munnar, Thekkady, Alleppey, Kovalam, Trivandrum and an optional day tour or night stay at Kanyakumari. The packages mentioned below though look similar, but all are different from one to another and are designed according to your arrival and departure Places and more importantly time also.
1) Suitable packages for arrival at Kochi and Departure from Trivandrum:
- 7 days trip. 2 nights Munnar, 1-night Thekkady, 1-night Alleppey, 2 nights Kovalam. Kanyakumari visit not included. get more details about this 7 days Kerala trip package.
- 2 nights Munnar, 1 Night Thekkady, 1-night Alleppey, 2 nights Kovalam with one day trip to Kanyakumari. Get more details about this 6 days Kerala trip.
- 2 nights Munnar, 1-night Thekkady, 1 ni Alleppey, 1 night Kanyakumari, 1 night Kovalam. Get more details about this 6 days Kerala package.
2) Suitable Packages for Arrival & Departure at Kochi:
- 7 days trip. 2 nights Munnar, 1 Night Thekkady, 1-night Alleppey, 2 nights Kovalam. Kanyakumari visit not included. Get more details about this 7 days Kerala trip.
- 7 days trip. 2 nights Munnar, 1-night Thekkady, 1 night Kanyakumari, 1 ni Kovalam, 1 ni Aleppey. Get more details about this 7 days Kerala trip package.
Important Travel Tips:
- Book Through an Authorised Travel agency. Since it’s a 7 days trip, it’s always recommended booking through an agency for safety and money-back guarantee.
- Taxi. All trips which include Kanyakumari need an entry permit. Many a time this permit is rejected due to the absence of a proper document. Since these permits can be obtained in advance, ensure that you book a taxi well in advance and have your documents.
- These 7 days is a tightly scheduled trip and any delay in starting may affect your sightseeing options.
- There is much sightseeing which attracts a huge crowd during the weekend, holidays and tourist season. Ensure you book all these in advance so that you do not need to wait in the queue.
- Ensure you get taxi details well in advance or ensure you get this one day prior.
- There are many sightseeing or activities not important, please have more details about this and think yourself whether this is suitable for you. The ex-Top station in Munnar. You need to climb back to approx 100 steps. If you have a heart problem or asthma or breathing problem, you should not go for this.
I want to see Munnar, Kanyakumari, and Kovalam, but I don’t have 7 days in hand. How can I plan this trip?
Connecting Munnar direct with Kovalam or Kanyakumari is difficult. Please see our article travel guide on Munnar to Kovalam.
If you are willing to travel every day from one destination to another destination irrespective of the road journey, we can design these kinds of short packages that cover Munnar with Kovalam and Kanyakumari. Below are some of the packages we used to provide.
- 6 Days Trip. Arrival at Kochi and departure from Trivandrum. 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Alleppey, 2 ni Kovalam. Get Detail about this 6 days Kerala trip.
- 6 Days Trip. Arrival at Kochi and departure from Trivandrum. 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Alleppey, 2 ni Kovalam with Kanyakumari sightseeing. Get detail about this 6 days Kerala Kanyakumari trip.
- 6 Days Trip. Arrival at Kochi and departure from Trivandrum. 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Aleppey, 1 ni Kanyakumari and 1 ni Kovalam, and an option to visit Trivandrum. Get more detail about this 6 days Kerala package.
Below is the best economy package in this category while keeping all the sightseeing without any changes.
- 6 Days Trip. Arrival Kochi and departure from Trivandrum. 2 ni Munnar, 1 ni Alleppey, 1 ni Kanyakumari, 1 ni Trivandrum. Get more details about this 6 days Kerala tour package with Kanyakumari.
Which is the best 7 days trip to Kerala with Kanyakumari on arrival and departure at Kochi airport?
A similar kind of package has been listed. 7 days trip. 2 nights Munnar, 1-night Thekkady, 1 night Kanyakumari, 1 ni Kovalam, 1 ni Alleppey. Get more details about this 7 days Kerala package with Kanyakumari sightseeing.
How to include Rameswaram and Madurai in the 7 days Kerala trip?
Including Rameswaram and Madurai within this 7 days trip is a little difficult due to long road travel involved in connecting the destinations. Below are some of the tour packages planned for these kinds of trips.
- Arrival at Kochi and departure from Madurai. 2 nights Munnar, 1 Night Thekkady (Periyar), 1-night Alleppey, 1 night Trivandrum, 1 night Kanyakumari and 1 night Rameswaram. Total 8 days trip.
- Arrival and departure at Kochi. 2 nights Munnar, 1-night Thekkady, 2 night Rameswaram, 1 ni Kanyakumari, 2 ni Trivandrum and 1-night Alleppey.