- Munnar – Best Hill Station in Kerala.
- Thekkedy (Periyar) – Periyar national park
- Houseboat – Stay and sightseeing in Aleppey Houseboat.
- Kovalam beach – One of the best beach in Kerala.
Generally this package is designed for those who are looking for a Kerala trip and want to cover most of the famous destinations in Kerala in a short period of 7 days. Though this cover most of the good places, this trip involve too much of travel and you may not be able to relax even for a day. Other aspect of this package is below.
How to Reach?
Arrival by Flight – Kochi (Cochin) International Airport is the arrival destination for those who are coming by Flight.
Arrival by Train/Bus – The best suited railway station / Bus stand is Aluva. You can also come to Ernakulam Jn railway station but in that case coming out of Kochi city during busy hrs take too much time.
Departure by Flight – The best suited airport is Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram which is just 30mins drive from Kovalam – last destination in this package. In case you have already booked your return flight from Kochi, it takes almost 7hrs drive from Trivandrum to Kochi airport.
Departure by Train/Bus – Trivandrum or Thiruvananthapuram and Kochuveli are the two railway stations near to Kovalam (20mins drive). Trivandrum is also having a bus terminal.
Arrival and Departure time
We always recommend reaching before 9am so that according to our sightseeing plan, this trip can be smooth. Your departure convenient for this package is any time after 5pm.
- In case your flight is from Kochi and departure is by noon time, we need to modify this itinerary. In that case, 4th day, proceed direct to Kovalam (6hrs by road), 5th day
- Kovalam, 6th day Aleppey and 7th day drop. Aleppey to Kochi airport which is just 2.5hrs by road.
- Kochi city or Fort Koch sightseeing is not included in this itinerary. You can still have a glimpse of Fort Kochi either on the 1st day or on the last day. The below cost may change.
- Based on this itinerary, you can customize as per your choice this package with regards to hotel, sightseeing place, destinations etc.
- Based on this itinerary, you can add destinations like Madurai, Rameswaram, Kodaikanal etc.
7 Highlights of this Package
- Well experienced, behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- One entry and boating charges at Periyar wild life sanctuary for two adults.
- Entry to one show each of Kathakali (Kerala Art form) and Kalaripayattu (Kerala Martial art) in Munnar or Thekkedy
- Private houseboat with all meals.
- One flower decoration on the day of arrival at Munnar.
- Flower decoration and candle light dinner in Houseboat.
- 500ml bottled min water per person per day in the car.
Day 1 : Kochi Airport / Ernakulam Railway station
Your arrival is at Kochi airport or Ernakulam railway station. Our executive will meet, greet and receive at arrival destination. Upon arrival, you have an option to go for a free non ac fresh up room either near to the airport or nearby with a drive in time of 10mins. On arrival, you will be travelling to Munnar, which is approx 125kms and it may take 3.5hrs drive. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non veg restaurants which have rest rooms available. Post lunch move to Munnar, on the way you can see Valera waterfalls. You can spend some time there and proceed to Munnar and check in resort. Leisure and relax in resort.
Overnight stay in resort.
Note : All Munnar water falls are depended upon rain and when the rain stops, the water fall may or may not have water.
Day 2 : Munnar
Since there is only one day to cover all the sightseeing in Munnar, the appropriate time to start is at 0800hrs. Below are the possible sightseeing available for the day.
Rajamali National Park – It is located 10kms away from Munnar town. Basically it’s a mountain where one can spot rare species of mountain goat called – Nilgiri Tahr. Entry permit can be obtained through online booking. More details about how can book, charges etc – please visit our link.
Note : Main attraction of Rajamali is Nilgiri Tahr and once you reach on the top of the hill, you can have a good view point. Since this involve approx 2kms trek, those who have breathing problems should avoid this. Also those who are not interested in this Nilgiri Tahr and view point, this trip can be avoided.
Tea Museum – Once Rajamali is over, TATA Tea Museum located near to the city, which gives an idea of how tea is processing from raw tea leaves, is an attraction.
Now its lunch time and Munnar city provide restaurants which caters veg and non veg food, jain etc.
Post lunch, you will be visiting below places.
- Top Station. This is one of the best view points.
- Echo Point – This is a place near Mattupetty dam where if you make a sound, it bounce back with eco.
- Mattupetty Dam – Mattupetty dam and its park gives you some time to relax. If you are interested, here speed boat trip with full security is available.
- There is a small play ground for children is also available.
- Kundala Dam. This is another dam enroute, good place for photography.
Your second day in Munnar is fully packed with sightseeing. This is the time for shopping. Main shopping items are Ayurvedic products, coffee/ tea etc. We will surely recommend not to buy spices from here as you are visiting Thekkedy (Periyar) all the species are cheaper. Return back and overnight stay in resort.
Day 3. Munnar to Kumarakom
Today your trip is to Kumarakom. Kumarakom is a small village located on the vembanadu lake side. Nothing much activities available here and most honeymoon couples and family coming here for relaxation and enjoying the vembanadu lake. Departure at 0900hrs from Munnar to Kumarakom. Arrival and transfer to hotel. Leisure at resort.
Note : This day is considered as relaxing on the lake side resort. There are couple of activities available in Kumarakom like sun set cruise in vembanadu lake, country boat cruise through villages etc. Ayurvedic body mass age is also an option, but we recommend this next day morning. Advance booking with ayurvedic centre required.
Day 4 : Thekkedy to Houseboat
Today you are going to experience stay in a Houseboat. It may take approx 3.5hrs drive by road to cover around 150kms. We always recommend starting sharp at 8am so that you can comfortably reach houseboat by 1200hrs. On the way from Thekkedy to Houseboat there is nothing much to explore except a couple of view points.
Arrival and check in houseboat.
Check in Houseboat at 1200hrs. Cruise and sightseeing. The houseboat will make a trip through the big and small canals of Aleppey. Some time it may take you through the biggest vembanadu lake also. The boat can stop some of the places and you can walk in the village to see and experience the village life. Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea snacks, dinner and breakfast are all provided to you which is being cooked specially for you in the houseboat kitchen.
Evening Options and Activities – Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing roads and you will surely get small fishes).
Day 5. Houseboat to Kovalam
After a relaxing trip in Houseboat, it’s time to move next destination ie Kovalam. It takes approximately 5hrs to cover 165kms. On the way, if interested, one can see Jatayu adventure centre to see the world famous sculpture. Please note that since it’s almost 1000 ft in height and the statue is constructed on top of the rock, it is too hot from 1100hrs till 1600hrs. Therefore, if you are interested to visit this, you should start at around 0730am from the houseboat. Approximate time to visit this place is 2hrs. Arrival Kovalam beach by 1600hrs. Evening its better to spend time in Howa beach or light house beach (both are side by side). Leisure and over night in hotel.
Day 6. Trivandrum
Trivandrum is located 16kms from Kovalam and the famous visiting place is Padmanabhaswamy temple. Apart from temple, you can also visit the art gallery, Kuthiramalika palace, Veli tourist village etc.
Padmanabha Swamy temple – Open at 4am and darshan available till 11am. Evening it open at 4pm and darshan available till 8pm. Pants, Jeans, Bermuda etc are not allowed inside. Gents should wear Dhoti and ladies saree / churidar. In case of churidar, Dhoti needs to wear over the churidar. Dhoti available in front the temple shop for Rs 50 per piece onwards. Small wallet, camera, mob phone, bags etc are not allowed I nside the temple.
In the below costing, we have included Trivandrum and nearby sightseeing. But you have below options available while staying in Kovalam with extra cost.
- Day trip to Kanyakumari. Kanyakumari is located 85kms away from Kovalam beach. While going to Kanyakkumari, one can visit Poovar backwaters, Suchindram temple, Padmanabhapuram palace etc.
- Second option is visit Poovar backwaters. This can be clubbed with Trivandrum sightseeing.
To visit Vivekananda rock, one need to take a ferry from Kanyakumari Jetty to the rock. Last ferry is at 1600hrs. During the holidays, one needs to stand on the queue for approximately an hour. It take almost 2hrs, once the ferry is started, to visit the rock, temple etc and come back to Hotel.
Overnight stay in Kovalam beach.
Day 7. Trivandrum
This is the last day of the trip. Check out from hotel before 12pm, shopping at Trivandrum city, and finally drop at Trivandrum railway station. Tour ends.
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury||Luxury Option II, 5 star or similar|
|Munnar 2 night||Bell Mount Or Las Palmas||Hotel C7||Aranyaka Resort||Tall Trees Or The Fog||Fragrant Nature resort Or Panoramic Gateway|
|Thekkedy 1 night||Seasons Or Green Court Or Sandra palace||Periyar Meadows||Tree top||Green woods||Amanna Plantation|
|Lake View Houseboat www.lakeview houseboat.com 1 night||Deluxe||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury||Luxury|
|Kovalam 2 night||Hawa Beach resort Or Neelakanda||Soma Palm shore Or Sagara Beach resort||Samudra Beach Resort||Uday Samudra||The Leela|
|Cost for 2 adults With sedan ac car Valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar||Rs 42900||Rs 47700||Rs 51800||Rs 71700||Rs 96600|
|Cost for 2 adults With sedan ac car Valid from 01 Apr to 30 Sep|
Call us 94477 97564 / 81294 97390
Tour Cost Includes
- A/c Accommodation except Hill Station (Munnar &Thekkedy) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Child below 5 yrs sharing same bed with parents will be complimentarily
- Hotel Check in at 12pm and check out at 10am.
- Driver is available from Morning 6am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- Non ac fresh up room for an hour, if required, in case of your arrival is before 7am.
- All the applicable taxes
- Cruise time from 1200hrs to 1730hrs with 1hr lunch break. Next day trip from 0800hrs to 0900hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee / tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- Menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time : Deluxe and premium : 2100hrs to 0700hrs.
- Luxury : 24hrs AC
Tour Cost Does Not Include
- The packages does not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees , Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance etc.
- Children upto age of 5yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any child bed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.