Overview of 5 Nights 6 Days Kerala Kodaikanal Tour Package:
This is 6 days Kerala tour package with Kodaikanal along with Munnar, Alleppey, and Kochi. Since this package cover two hill stations and famous Alleppey backwaters, this is also very idle during summer months from Mar to Jun. Other details regarding 5 nights 6 days Kerala Kodaikanal tour package are given below.
Munnar is the perfect location to spend your quality time. it is located around 1700 meters above sea level. Munnar is a major tourist destination of Kerala and must-visit place on the Kerala tour. Get more detail about Munnar.
The best hill station in South India with regards to cool climate because its located on an elevation of 2133 MSL. Breathtaking viewpoints, greenery, pollution-free air, parks, etc give Kodai a much sought after destination during summer.
The famous backwaters in Kerala with lots of narrow canals, villages, birds, paddy fields, etc are all given Alleppey backwaters a much sought after destination among tourists. This is also known as the ‘Venice of the East’. Know more information about Alleppey Backwaters.
a beautiful small place located outskirts of Kochi city. This is the place where Dutch and Portuguese started their settlement beginning of the 16th century when they landed in Kerala for trade. The remaining of the colonial heritage buildings, Chinese fishing nets, dutch palace, etc are the attractions. A half-day sightseeing trip is highly recommended.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival by Flight-
Madurai airport (135 km and 4 hrs) is the suitable and nearest airport to Kodaikanal. Coimbatore airport is another nearest to Kodaikanal which is 176 km and it takes 4.5 hrs to reach Kodaikanal. The most suitable airport is Coimbatore if you consider the airfare as there are frequent flights which are cheaper compare to Madurai airport. But if you consider the most suitable airport with regard to easy travel, Madurai to Kodaikanal is suitable as a ghat road steep less. Get information about Kodaikanal to Madurai road trip in our Minakshi temple Madurai tourist guide article.
2) Arrival by Train/Bus-
The best suitable railway station or Bus stand is Madurai. You can also come to the Coimbatore Railway station or Bus stand.
3) Departure by Flight-
Kochi International airport is the most suitable airport.
4) Departure by Train or Bus-
Ernakulam North or South Rly station is the most suitable railway station.
Arrival and Departure time:
We always recommend reaching before 9 am so that according to ours and it takes a sightseeing plan, this trip can be smooth. Your departure convenient for this package is any time after 12 pm.
3 Highlights of this Kerala Kodaikanal Tour Package:
- Well experienced behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- One Kathakali and Kalaripayattu entry is included either at Munnar or Thekkady.
- One plantation tour
Day 1: Madurai Airport / Railway Station or Coimbatore Airport / Railway Station to Kodaikanal
Your arrival is in any of the places mentioned above. On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and start moving to Kodaikanal. It takes approximately 5 hrs to reach Kodaikanal. Before reaching Kodaikanal, visit Silver Cascade waterfalls on the way to Kodaikanal.
1) Silver Cascade Waterfalls:
This is one of the beautiful waterfalls located 7 kms from Kodaikanal to Palani/Madurai Route. Situated at a height of approximately 180ft height, the beauty of fall when it thrashing down right into the ground below with its sheer strength. Since it’s located on the roadside, you can even see this while passing by.
Silver Cascade Travel Tips:
- No entry fee, you can just visit either coming to Kodai or while going back.
- The best time to visit is in the morning or in the afternoon.
- You may not find very less water or NO water from Mar to Jun but things may change if there is raining during summertime.
- No separate parking available needs to park as convenient on the roadside.
- Always crowded especially during holidays and weekends.
- Not allowed to take a bath or to go near to falls.
- Public washrooms are available.
- Local small tea and snack outlets are available.
Arrival and transfer to Hotel. Relax for some time. Afternoon we have planned a short trip to Kodai lake and Bryant Park.
2) Kodaikanal Lake:
Kodai lake is one of the attractions in Kodaikanal and a must-visit place. This is located within Kodai city and has been artificially made. It’s a star-shaped lake and there are many activities available in and around the lake. Pedal or rowing boats, cycling, horse riding, etc are interesting for tourists who come with family and kids. Two agencies offering boating in the lake and its rates are below.
- Tamil Nadu Tourism.
They offer pedal and rowing boats. The pedal boat is for a minimum of 2 adults for 30 mins will cost you Rs 100. A rowing boat is for 6 adults and you will get a boatman also for maneuvering. It cost Rs 330 for 30 mins.
- Kodai Municipality also offers pedal boating. It cost you Rs 120 for 2 adults for 20mins.
Kodai Lake Travel Tips-
- Boating starts at 09:00 hrs and entry close at 17:30 hours.
- Bicycle rental is available and it cost Rs 50. You can make a round of this lake by cycle to see and enjoy the place.
- Horse riding is also available on the side of the lake.
- Early morning walking or cycling is highly recommended.
3) Bryant Park:
This is a botanical garden located very close to Kodai Lake. The main attraction is sprawling lawns, well-planned flower beds, a 170-year-old eucalyptus tree, kids play area, restrooms, etc. This place gives you good experience during the flowering season as the park is having different varieties of flowers. Good place for walking and spending time. The best time to visit is the afternoon or evening from Mar to Jun. Entry fee applicable is Rs 30 per adults
Day 2: Kodaikanal
We have planned a full day sightseeing in Kodaikanal. The best time to start is at 0900hrs. The main and important sightseeing covered are below.
1) Coaker’s Walk-
This is a pathway constructed on the side of the hill to have a good view of the valley and mountains. The pathway is of one km towards the other side and in the end, there is a telescopic view available. Best time to visit either in the morning or in the evening. It has beautiful views of the valley, mountains, clouds, and greenery. The entrance opens at 07:30 hours one side and the other side is open at 0900hrs. The entry fee is Rs 20 per head.
2) Upper Lake View-
This place is located approximately 3.5kms from Coaker’s Walk on the way to the green valley. One of the best places to see the scenic beauty of an entire Kodaikanal lake and its surrounding. Just stop over for 10 mins.
3) Pine Forest-
This is being called a Pine tree forest with lots of pine trees. One of the best places for memorable photos. This is located between the upper lake view and Guna Caves and the stopover is just 10-15 mins.
4) Green Valley view (suicide point)-
Basically it’s a viewpoint located on the way to other sightseeing spots. You can have a good view and photography. Since you will be seeing other good viewpoints, we recommend you should avoid this place as there is no special thing available. But if you want a cheap shopping on the way for handmade items, artificial jewelry, artifacts as there are too many shops and competitions.
5) Devil’s Kitchen (Guna Cave)-
These are the hidden treasures found and discovered by a British officer BS Ward during 1821. The caves were got famous after a movie shot from here. Since there are many accidents, entry to the caves was closed by Tamil Nadu Govt. You can have a glimpse of part of the cave from the protective iron grills. More than the caves, the real attraction is the tree routes and wooden bridges and have some memorable photos.
6) Pillar Rocks-
Pillar Rocks are the formation of three giant rocks formation, approximately 400 meters in height from ground is a magnificent place of interest. The main attraction is the pristine hills and the valley. One of the best places for photography.
Important Travel Tips-
- Most of the time this place is covered with mist. Therefore, visit a day when there is a clear view available.
- The best time to visit is midday as morning and afternoon this place usually covered by the clouds.
- There is No parking place available and needs to park on the roadside. Roads leading to this place are narrow and always congested. Weekends and holidays, there will be a traffic jam due to this.
- You can see this from the main viewing area after paying an entry fee of Rs 5. You can get a better view after hiking for around 100mtrs then go left to see the best views of pillar rocks.
7) Moir Point-
Kodaikanal is a famous hill station located at an altitude of 2133 meters MSL. So wherever you go, you will get lots of viewpoints. Moir Point is one such viewpoint and nothing special on this. The important thing is that in case you are going to the forest area sightseeing, from this place you will be changing the route and you need to have good from here.
Departure back to Kodai city check-in hotel and relax.
Travel Tips to Visit Kodaikanal –
- Kodai is the coolest hill station in South India. Keep your warm clothing while visiting.
- Keep an umbrella or a raincoat if you are visiting monsoon time ie from Jun to Aug.
- Most of the sightseeing are viewpoints, lakes, waterfalls, etc.
- Kodai is a touristy place. Weekends and holidays most of the hotels are booked and all the sightseeing places are crowded.
- Kodai is the most sought after destination during summer from Mar to Jun. During this time, hotel rates are higher than normal.
Note: Overnight stay in Kodai Hotel.
Day 3: Kodaikanal to Munnar
Today you are proceeding to Munnar which is almost 6-7 hrs drive by road. We have not planned any sightseeing on the way to Munnar. But since the route is via Marayoor and Chinnar wildlife, you have an option of short sightseeing in this place. Arrival at Munnar and check-in the hotel and relax.
Evening attends a Kerala cultural traditional show.
About Kathakali and Kalaripayattu Performances:
Image showing Kathakali Artform
- Kathakali is a famous art form of Kerala where Kalaripayattu is the martial art of Kerala.
- This kind of stage performance is conducted in various tourist destinations of Kerala.
- In Munnar, There are two performance centers for these performances.
- Punarjani is the best place for these performances among them.
- Both performances are of an hour each which started at 17:00 hrs and ending at 19:00 hrs.
- The entry fee is Rs 300 per person for each show.
Image showing Kalaripayattu Martial Art
Note: Check-in Hotel and overnight in a stay at Munnar.
Day 4 :Munnar
Today we have planned a full day sightseeing of Munnar. Since there is just one day for the whole sightseeing, we suggest you keep the timing. B/F at the hotel and start the latest by 09:00 hrs. First half day we plan to cover all the sightseeing from Munnar town to Top station which includes Rose garden, Mattupetty Dam, Echo point, Kundala Lake, and Top Station. But we will be doing this on the reverse order as visiting Top Station or Kundala Dam is best during early or morning hrs. It takes approximately 50 mins to reach the top station from Munnar town.
1) Top Station – One of the Best Tourist Places of Munnar:
About Top Station-
- Top station Located at 6410 ft above the sea level
- It is the second-highest elevated place in the whole Munnar
- It takes approximately 45 mins to cover 18 kms from Munnar town.
- British built a railway line running from Chaya Bazar (near present Munnar town) to Drop Station (present Top Station).
- The train used to carry the tea leaves collected in the whole Munnar to Drop Station and from there by a cable car to down below the processing center.
- You can see the remains of this cable car at Top Station even now.
Why to Visit Top Station?
- Visiting top station, you will get the best experience with regard to the view of mountains towards Kulukkumali, fog, mist, and chilled climate Interestingly
- The top station is not in Kerala but located in Tamil Nadu.
- We need to cross 1 km into Tamil Nadu state to reach this place.
Travel Tips to Visit Top Station-
- It opens at 06:00 hrs and closes at 17:00 hrs.
- An entry fee of Rs 25 for adults, Children Rs 15 and Rs 10 for foreigners will be charged.
- Those who have knee problems, heart diseases, breathing problems, and kids below 6 yrs should avoid this place as it involves too much walking by steps.
- We should have good shoes.
- The best time to visit is early morning or before 10 am.
- Should be avoided during monsoon ie from Jun to mid of Aug.
- If you are planning to visit Kolukkumali, Top station visits can be avoided.
- Handicapped persons, pregnant ladies, and wheel chairpersons cannot access this place.
2) Kundala Dam – Beautiful Dam in Munnar:
About Kundala Dam-
- Kundala Dam was constructed for Pallivasal Hydro Electric Project in 1946 and considered to be Asia’s No 1 arch dam.
- This place is located between Top Station and Munnar town, therefore, it is easy for visiting.
- Considered as one of the best scenic spots for photography.
- Tourists can do activities like a pedal boat, speed boat, or shikara kind of trip available in the lake.
Travel Tips to Visit Kundala Dam-
- Irrespective of any restrictions, tourists from all walks of life can access this place.
- Entry to this place is free. In case you want to have some activities like boating in lake, horse riding, etc, all these are available here which is chargeable.
- If you are doing any boating activity in any other lake in Munnar, this can be avoided.
- It takes hardly 15-20 mins here to experience, in case you do not need any other activities.
3) Echo Point: Best Place for Photography in Munnar:
What to know About Echo Point:
- This is nothing much important about this place.
- If you make a loud noise, your voice will return to you as you have a big hill just opposite of you after the lake. But more than that, this is one of the best places to have a photo of the lake close by.
- Entry to this place is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 20 per person.
4) Visit Amazing Tea Plantations in Munnar:
About Top Station-
- On the way to Top station or while coming back to the city, you can see very scenic tea plantations.
- In case you want to visit, see or want to have photos, you can do this.
- There is no entry fee or charges need to pay.
- You should know that the whole Munnar is tea plantations and you can get good photos not necessarily from one particular place, but anywhere in Munnar.
5) Mattupetty Dam – Must Visit Tourist Spot in Munnar:
What to Know About Mattupetty Dam-
- Mattupetty dam is located 13 km away from Munnar city towards Top station and it takes 20 mins to drive by road.
- Mattupetty can be narrated like a confluence of mountain, lake, and greenery.
- You will get the best photos and some breathtaking moments of your holiday.
- Unlike Kundala, Mattupetty made elaborate arrangements for tourist comfort.
- It has a washroom, tourist facilitation center where coffee shop, snack bar, cowboy park, children park with swing, speed boat in the lake, etc available.
- The best experience of Mattupetty is first to go to the boating center or tourist facilitation center, if interested do the boating and come to the dam and take some of the best photos.
Travel Tips to Visit Mattupetty Dam-
- Try to walk from Kundala to Mattupetty dam and you can see tallest blue gum trees, in case you have time.
- You can skip in case you are coming from a place where there are lots of lakes and mountains.
- This place is accessible for all irrespective of handicapped or wheelchaired.
- Very good place for family with kids outing.
- This place is best for a small shopping for handicrafts and souvenirs.
- There are no restaurants available but hot noodles and local snacks are available. During holidays, weekends, and tourist season, this place is jam-packed. You may need to wait up to an hr to get boating tickets or Parking car.
- Take beautiful photos of the Mattupetty dam. After the boating travel to the dam, come out of the car from one end of the dam and walk to other ends. You can take good photos from the middle as vehicles are not allowed to park on the dam.
6) Rose Garden:
Know About Rose Garden-
- This is a kind of botanical garden maintained by the KTDC Floriculture Centre.
- Not only Roses but different varieties of flowers are available and a good place to have memorable photos.
- This garden is located 5 km away on the top station roadside and entry is restricted with an entry fee of Rs 50 per person.
Travel Tips to Visit Rose Garden-
- Since there are steps, handicapped or wheelchaired persons advised not to visit this place.
- A washroom facility is available for the public.
- You can buy favorite plants from the rose garden.
We expect this is over by 13:00 hrs and an hour lunch break is available. There are many vegs or non-veg restaurants available in Munnar city. Post lunch we are organizing a trip to Rajamali in Eravikulam National Park.
7) Eravikulam National Park: Sanctuary of Nilgiri Tahr:
About Eravikulam National Park-
- Eravikulam national park having an area of 97 sq km is the first national park in Kerala.
- The Park protects endemic and endangered Nilgiri Tahr, a rare species of mountain goat, and its habitat.
- The park has the largest stretch of undisturbed shoal-grassland ecosystems in the western ghats.
- Anamudi which is 2695 meters in height is the highest peak south of Himalayas is located within this park.
- Before becoming a National Park, the area is the hunting reserve of the colonial tea planters.
- It takes approximately 30 mins drive to the entry point.
- On reaching the entry point, you need to show the online booking details or you can buy the tickets from this counter itself.
- From the ticket counter till the entry gate of Eravikulam, it’s almost 20 mins in a minibus which is being provided by the park.
- On reaching the entry points, you need to walk steep pathways for almost 40 mins to see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi Peak.
- This is also a good place to have good mountain photographs.
Travel Tips to Visit Eravikulam National Park-
- Book your tickets online.
- Entry ticket is Rs 125 for domestic tourists and Rs 400 for foreigners.
- Best time to visit in the early morning or afternoon.
- No food or water bottles allowed.
- The washroom is available for both gents and ladies.
- Not accessible by wheelchair.
- Cafeteria and snack bar available at the waiting place.
- To see the Nilgiri Thar and Anamudi peak, you need to hike approximately 40 mins. Those who have breathing problems should avoid this.
- Carry raincoat in rainy seasons. Umbrella is a must for all seasons.
- This park is closed during Feb and Mar for breeding and calving every year.
By the time you visit this park, it may be afternoon. You can come to Munnar town for small shopping. Departure for your hotel and check-in.
Travel Tips to Visit Munnar:
- On the way from Kochi to Munnar, we have included Valera and Cheeyappara waterfalls. Since these falls depend on raining water, these falls may be dry during summertime or if there is no rain.
- Dreamland – visit only if you are interested. If you already had been too good amusement parks, you can skip this.
- In case you are skipping Dreamland, you can go to Munnar city for a visit.
- We recommend you to visit the art center on Day 1 as you may not get time for the second day.
- During the tourist season, weekend and holidays, there will be a huge rush due to local guests. Sometimes this leads to a terrific traffic block and may trap for a couple of hrs. Therefore, ensure that you keep the timing mentioned in this program.
- The above program is not possible in case your hotel is too far off of Munnar like Adimali, Chinnakanal, Eeticity, Anachal, Kunjithanni, But SreesTours select and provide hotels which are located within Munnar only. Please go here to know where to stay in Munnar.
- If your trip is during Feb or Mar when the Eravikulam park is closed, you can visit a tea factory, Lockhart gap viewpoint, etc.
- All these programs may disrupt in case there is heavy rain. Visiting Top station or Eravikulam, during heavy monsoon is not possible.
- Apart from Hotels, there is a variety of other stay options available like Tree House, private pool villa, jacuzzi, and bathtub rooms, honeymoon cottage, resorts with a view to the tea plantation, tent, and camp stay.
- Apart from the standard sightseeing program mentioned above, you can also experience attractions or activities in Munnar. We recommend staying more days to experience all these.
- Sunrise at Top station.
- Off-road Jeep safari.
- Guided soft hiking of 2 hrs or hard hiking of 4 hrs and visit beautiful mountains, grasslands, and tea plantation.
- Guided hiking and camping in Swiss tents
This is the best place to buy Tea and coffee at a reasonable price.
Day 5: Munnar to Alleppey Houseboat
Alleppey Houseboat Tour:
B/F at the hotel and proceed to Houseboat. It takes approx 5.5 hrs to cover 200 km and there is no sightseeing planned en route to Houseboat. Today you are going to experience stay in a Houseboat. We recommend you should start moving to Houseboat earliest by 07:30 hrs.
1 Night Houseboat Trip Plan:
The below Houseboat backwater programme has been designed for those who like to visit the best canals in and around Alleppey. Check-in Houseboat at 13:00 hrs and houseboat make a trip through the biggest Vembanad lake from 13:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs. During this time the houseboat makes a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Vembanadu lake – biggest freshwater lake.
- Punnamada Kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the smallest canal on this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
Evening Options and Activities:
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing road and you will surely get small fishes).
- The houseboat is having a tv and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own pen drive to make your stay more comfortable.
Note: Overnight stay in Houseboat.
Important Points to Know About Houseboat Tour:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F & mineral water.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- The houseboat menu is fixed and inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have the option of visiting a local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boatman will help you for the same. In case of late arrival, this is not possible.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where the houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- Late Check-in Houseboat. In case of late check-in after 2 pm, we compensate this by avoiding 1hr lunch break and extending the trip till 18:00 hrs. Moreover, all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of delayed check-in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 hrs.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 2 rooms and the top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22:00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting-place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Requests like a sunset cruise, park houseboat to view the sunset, night halt in the middle of the lake or river, change location, etc will not be entertained.
Day 6: Alleppey to Fort Kochi
Today is your last day of the trip. In case you are leaving by the afternoon or evening, you can go for below sightseeing and shopping at Kochi. Otherwise, we will drop you directly to Kochi airport or Ernakulam railway station.
1) Fort Kochi:
Fort Kochi is a fishing village that becomes the first European township in India. The town shaped by Portuguese, the Dutch, and later the British.
2) Jewish Synagogue:
Constructed 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in the commonwealth. It is noted for its mid-18th century, hand-painted, willow-patterned floor tiles from Canton in China, a clock tower, Hebrew inscriptions on stone slabs, old scrolls of the Old Testament, etc.
3) Dutch Palace:
Built by Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja of Kochi, the palace was renovated by the Dutch in 1663.
4) Vasco da Gama Square / Chinese fishing nets:
The huge cantilevered fishing nets are the legacy of one of the first visitors to the Malabar Coast. Erected here between 1350 – 1450 AD by traders from the court of Kabul Khan. The best place to watch the nets being lowered into the sea and the catch being brought in is the Vasco da Gama Square.
5) Kodar House:
Constructed by Cochin Electric company in 1808 example of Indo-European architecture.
6) Chinese Fishing nets:
This shows the Chinese presence in Fort Kochi dates back
Other attractions are Bolgaty palace, Pierce Leslie Bungalow, Santa Cruz Basilica, etc are located in the same area. After Fort Kochi sightseeing, you can go straightway to Kochi airport, which is approximately 45 mins drive in normal traffic. It may take up to 1.5 hrs during heavy traffic time.
Important Points to Know for Fort Kochi Visit-
- All the tourist entry points except Fort Kochi Beach will be closed down at 5 pm.
- Jewish synagogue will be closed on Fridays. But they now start opening after 2 pm on Fridays.
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday and Saturdays.
- In case your flight is at 15:00 hrs or before, this sightseeing is not possible.
Drop at Kochi Airport or Railway station. Tour ends
Important Travel Tips for this Package:
- If you want to select this package and customize it according to your choice of hotels, it’s possible.
- We have mentioned different sightseeing options. In case you are not interested in visiting any particular sightseeing point, we can modify this itinerary to suit your requirement.
- In case you want to add any other sightseeing or a religious temple tour, we can do the same for you. Please contact us.
- In case if you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service.
- If your arrival is in the afternoon or evening, its advisable to stay at Kochi and start your trip the next day morning.
- In case you reach early morning before 6 am, proceeding immediately to Munnar is not possible. It’s advisable to have a Non-ac fresh up room for an hr or two for which a minimum of Rs 500 will be charged extra.
- Considering the road travel, minimum of 2 nights’ stay at Munnar and Kodaikanal is required to have a relaxing trip and to see most of the good places. If you are staying only 1 night, then you just get a half-day to enjoy the place.
- This program is inclusive of a private houseboat. You can also choose a resort instead of a Houseboat.
- You can also start this package on a reverse order without any increase in prices.
- This is a private trip for the booking guest and not shared with any other guest. Some of the common sightseeing is on sharing basis like boating in Periyar wildlife, Rajamali national park, etc
- Most of the sightseeing and even travel in the hill station may face difficulty during monsoon.
- AC in a taxi will be switched off while traveling in hill stations.
Shopping in Kerala:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops located at Munnar, Thekkady, and Trivandrum.
- Coffee & tea – The best available place is shopping at Munnar.
- Spices – All types of spices are cheaper in Thekkady shops rather than Munnar.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
- Best homemade chocolates at Kodaikanal
How to Reduce the Package Cost:
Below are the five tips as to how you can reduce this package price.
- Travel as a group. Try to travel as a group like two couples or three couples; this will reduce the price considerably.
- Use similar hotels. If you choose a similar hotel outside of the main center, it will reduce the price. These are the hotels located in good places or close by attractions.
- This package inclusive of a private houseboat. The price will come down in case you go for a sharing houseboat. Know detail about sharing a houseboat.
- Instead of houseboat you can stay in a resort and visit canals by a shikara boat that will reduce the cost.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Packages:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium|
|Munnar 2 nights||Bell Mount Or Glenmore Resort||Hotel C 7 Or Misty Mountain resort||Aranyaka Resort|
|Kodaikanal 2 nights||Kodai Sunshine hotel||AramValley Castle||Sterling resort Or Kodai resort|
|Lake View Houseboat 1 night||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Premium AC|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room with sedan AC Car||Rs 36800||Rs 41500||Rs 46800|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms with AC Tavera or Maruti ertica mini suv.||Rs 59800||Rs 68600||Rs 78600|
|Child Charges Between 6-10 yrs without bed||Rs 3100||Rs 3100||Rs 3700|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 4800||Rs 4800||Rs 6250|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation except for Hill Station (Munnar & Thekkedy) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- Private houseboat with lunch, dinner, and B/F included.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- The driver is available from Morning 7 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- Entry and boating in Periyar wildlife sanctuary and one plantation tour at Thekkady.
- Entry for Kathakali and Kalaripayattu at Munnar or Thekkady.
- All the applicable taxes.
- Cruise time from 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs with 1 hr lunch break. Next day trip from 08:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea and snacks, Dinner, and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- The menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time: Deluxe and premium: 21:00 hours to 07:00 hours.
- Luxury: 24 hrs AC
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport, Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guests will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.