Best short trip to Kerala – This Kerala Tour package can be narrated like this.This package cover the most attractive place in Kerala – Munnar hill station, Periyar wild life sanctuary, Aleppey backwaters and last day heritage tour in Kochi. The most advantage of the package is less and more comfortable travel between the destinations. Other important aspect of the package including destination covered, its importance are below.
- It is one of the best hill stations in Kerala which tourist cannot avoid visiting. It stood first in the domestic and international tourism due to its greenery, tea plantations, waterfalls, view points, cool climate – combination of all these make Munnar a No 1 destination.
- Periyar tiger reserve is located in the western ghats. This is one of the best place where you can have a boat safari in the river to see the wild life. There are many activities conducted by forest department for the tourists to experience the wild life.
- Houseboat in Alleppey is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Alleppey is criss crossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields etc – all these makes Alleppey backwater a much sought after destination among tourists. During stay in houseboat you will be provided with full board with veg and on veg dishes prepared exclusively for the occupants of the houseboat.
- It is a beautiful small place located outskirts of Kochi city. This is the place where Dutch and Portuguese started their settlement beginning of 16th century when they landed in Kerala for trade. They have built first church ie St Francis Church and Fort ie Emmanuel Fort in Fort Kochi. Fort Kochi is the place where most of the Jews settled. Since 16th century, they established themselves as an integral part of the commerce and culture of Kochi. The main attraction of Fort Kochi is the old colonial building and calm and quite environment compare to busy Kochi metro city.
How to Reach???
Arrival & Departure by Flight
- Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival destination for those who are coming by Flight.
Arrival by Train/Bus
- The best suitable rly station / Bus stand is Aluva. You can also come to Ernakulam Jn Rly station (ERS or ERN). Since the city have traffic problems, after arrival moving out of Kochi city during busy hrs take too much time. Ernakulum is also having an interstate bus terminal called Vyttila. Those who are coming by Volvo bus from nearby places like Hyderabad, Bangalore and Chennai, arrival destination should be at Aluva or Vyttila. You can also come directly to Munnar by Volvo bus and our pick up service is available.
Departure by Train/Bus
- The best suitable Railway station for departure is Ernakulam Railway Station (ERS or ERN) and those who are going back by Volvo bus Vyttila.
Arrival and Departure time.
- We always recommend reaching before 9 am so that according to our sightseeing plan, this trip can be smooth. Your departure convenient for this package is any time after 5 pm.
- In case you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service.
- In case your arrival is mid day or after, the schedule may change. If you are reaching by evening, its recommended to stay overnight in Kochi and then start next day for Munnar.
- Based on this itinerary, you can customize as per your choice this package with regards to hotel, sightseeing place, destinations etc.
- You can also come and start the trip from Houseboat and make Munnar destination on the last.
- This is a private trip and shared with any other group.
- Based on this itinerary, you can add destinations like Kovalam, Madurai, Rameswaram, Kodaikanal etc.
6 Highlights of this Tour Package
You will be received from inside the airport – Not from outside.
Well experienced, behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
One Kathakali and Kalaripayattu is included either at Munnar or Thekkady.
One entry and boating in Periyar wild life sanctuary is included.
1 hr Country boat trip in narrow canal in Alleppey backwaters where houseboat cannot make a trip.
500 ml bottled min water per person per day in the car.
Day 1 : Kochi to Munnar
Arrival at Kochi, our representative will meet, receive and transfer to Munnar. It takes approximately 3.5 hrs to cover 148 km. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Oonnukal, where veg and non veg restaurants. These restaurants provide additional service like rest rooms. Post lunch move to Munnar, on the way you can see Valera waterfalls. You can spend some time there and proceed to Munnar and check in resort. Leisure and relax in resort.
Overnight stay in resort.
Since your travel from home town to Munnar takes lots of travel, we suggest you take rest and relax for the day. Or else, you can roam around Munnar city or nearby places.
- All Munnar water falls are depend upon rain and when the rain stops, the water fall may or may not have water
Day 2 : Munnar
Since there is only one day to cover all the sightseeing in Munnar, the appropriate time to start is at 08:00 hrs. Below are the possible sightseeing available for the day.
Rajamali National Park.
- Its located 10 km away from Munnar town. Basically it’s a mountain where one can spot rare species of mountain goat called – Nilgiri Tahr. Entry permit can be obtained through online booking. More details about how can book, charges etc – please visit our link..
Note : Main attraction of Rajamali is Nilgiri Tahr and once you reach on the top of the hill, you can have a good view point. Since this involve approx 2 km trek, those who have breathing problems should avoid this. Also those who are not interested in this Nilgiri Tahr and view point, this trip can be avoided.
- Once Rajamali is over, TATA Tea Museum located near to the city, which gives an idea of how tea is processing from raw tea leaves, is an attraction.
Now its lunch time and Munnar city provide restaurants which caters veg and non veg food, jain etc.
Post lunch, you will be visiting below places.
- Top Station. This is one of the best view points.
- Echo Point – This is a place near Mattupetty dam where if you make a sound, it bounce back with eco.
- Mattupetty Dam – Mattupetty dam and its park gives you some time to relax. If you are interested, here speed boat trip with full security is available. There is a small play ground for children is also available.
- Kundala Dam. This is another dam en-route, good place for photography.
Your second day in Munnar is fully packed with sightseeing. This is the time for shopping. Main shopping items are Ayurvedic products, coffee/ tea etc. We will surely recommend not to buy spices from here as you are visiting Thekkady (Periyar) all the species are cheaper. Return back and overnight stay in resort.
Day 3 : Munnar to Thekkady (Periyar).
Today your trip is to Thekkady (Periyar). Thekkady is located approximately 135 km and it may take minimum 3.5 hrs to reach. You can go Thekkady by choosing two different directions.
- Munnar city – Chinnakanal – Thekkady. This route is one of the best routes as you can see below sightseeing options on the way.
- Lockhart gap view point – one of the best view points after Top Station.
- Periyar canal water falls – this is available during Jun, Jul, Aug and Sep.
- Anayirangal Dam – 1.5 km from the main road, this is one of the best scenic spot in Munnar. Sometime you can see wild elephant also there.
- Lockhart tea plantations – around 30 mins drive through this tea plantations – one of the best experience and best place for photography.
- The other route to Thekkady is via Kunjithanny, Rajakkad, Udumbanchola. You can save approx 20 km and you can same 30 mins.
- Guest whose hotels located in Anachal, Kunjithanny, Chithirapuram etc cannot go this route as one need to first go to Munnar city which 17 km more and it takes another 40 mins.
Periyar National Park
Periyar national park is famous for elephants and tigers. The sanctuary surrounds Periyar Lake which was formed when the Mullaperiyar Dam was constructed. One should note that like other wild life sanctuaries in India – Ranthambore,Gir etc, you cannot go inside the forest in a jeep or any other transport to see wild life animals. Since Periyar National Park is surrounds by Periyar Lake, the forest department conduct boat safari in this Periyar Lake to see wild life animals. The boat trip starts at 07:30 hr which is for 2 hrs and all other trips are for 1.5 hrs only. There are 4 boats available for trip in the lake. One needs to book online ticket for the safari. When the boat moves through the Periyar lake, you can see wild animals. The interesting thing to note that till now except elephant, birds and wild gaur etc, none of the visitors have seen a tiger. Therefore, if you are coming to Periyar national park to see tigers, sorry to inform that this is hardly possible.
Apart from the boat safari in the Periyar Lake, the forest department conduct many activities like overnight stay in forest with armed guards, night trekking, bamboo rafting etc. If you are interested for these activities, it’s always recommended to stay minimum two nights in Thekkady.
Arrival at Thekkady, Check in Hotel. After lunch below are the activities we recommend for you.
- Boating in Periyar National Park. You need to book a boat safari ticket online in advance. Otherwise during peak time, getting a ticket is difficult. Since you are staying just one night, we recommend to book a ticket in 15;30 hrs trip. The boat trip start at 15:30 hrs and ends at 17:00 hrs.
- 18:00 hrs – visit an art center to see kathakali (art form) and kalaripayattu (martial art). It takes almost 2 hrs for this.
Apart from the above, you can also go for elephant safari, plantation tour etc. If interested, these can be experienced next day also. Overnight stay in resort.
- If you think that you are coming Periyar National Park to see lots of wild life like tigers, it’s a misconception. There are only couple of instance where the guest have seen a tiger roaming around the forest.
- If you are staying only one night and next day if you are moving for Houseboat, the best suitable boat ride to book is at 15;30 hrs on the same day of arrival. In case you have not booked a houseboat or you are staying here or any other destination, it is always recommended to book an early morning boating tickets which start at 07:30 hrs.
- If you are interested in hiking or trekking, staying in the forest with armed guards, bamboo rafting etc, there are many such programmes organized by the Forest Department for which you may needs to stay one or two more days in this destination.
- Thekkady market is very close where you are staying. This is the best cheapest shopping place for spices, Kerala traditional saree for ladies etc.
Day 4 : Thekkady to Houseboat
Today you are going to experience stay in a Houseboat. It may take approx 3.5 hrs drive by road to cover around 150 km. We always recommend starting sharp at 9 am so that you can comfortably reach houseboat by 12:00 hrs. On the way from Thekkady to Houseboat there is nothing much to explore except a couple of view points.
Arrival and check in houseboat.
1 NIGHT ALEPPEY – KUMARAKOM HOUSEBOAT TRIP PLAN
The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit best canals in and around Alleppey. Boarding Jetty is Kumarakom and alight at Alleppey Jetty.
Boarding Houseboat from Kumarakom Jetty at 12:00 hrs.
Check in Houseboat at 12:00 hrs and houseboat make a trip through the biggest Vembanadu lake. From 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs, the houseboat make a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Vembanadu lake – biggest fresh water lake.
- Punnamada kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the smallest canal in this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150 ft width river.
- Irumpanam Thod – best narrow canal.
Sreestours provide 1 hr country boat trip in narrow canal where houseboat cannot make a trip. This will be a unique experience for our guests.
Evening Options and Activities
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing roads and you will surely get small fishes).
- Houseboat is having a TV and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own to make your stay more comfortable.
- Overnight stay in Houseboat.
Important Points to Know
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you are reaching late, all boats booked through Srees Tours will not stop for Lunch.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- Houseboat menu inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have an option of visiting local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boat man will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licenced.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- You can skip staying in houseboat and stay in a resort – this will cost the package with additional costs.
- This program is possible only if the guest check in at 12pm. In case of delayed check in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 2 rooms and top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22:00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 hrs.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie check out at 7:am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9:am next day is not possible since the boat is having another check in at 12:pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check in after 2:pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending trip till 6 pm and next day till 09:45-10:00 hrs in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Requests like sun set cruise, park houseboat to view sunset, night halt in the middle of the lake or river, change location etc will not be entertained.
Day 5 : Houseboat to Kochi.
If the sky is clear, have a bed tea and you can enjoy a perfect sun rise from your houseboat. Since the houseboat is starting at 08:00 hrs, we recommend a light walk around the place if you are interested.
After a relaxing trip in Houseboat, it’s time to check out from Houseboat at 09:00 hrs. Before check out they will give a trip in the back water along with B/F. This is the last day of the trip. Proceed to Fort Kochi for a half day sightseeing.
Main attraction of Fort Kochi is below. Along with you can have a shopping at Kochi city also.
- Fort Kochi is a fishing village that become the first European township in India. The town shaped by Portuguese, the Dutch and later the British.
- Constructed 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in commonwealth. It is noted for its mid-18th century, hand-painted, willow-patterned floor tiles from Canton in china, a clock tower, Hebrew inscriptions on stone slabs, old scrolls of the Old Testament etc.
- Built by Portuguese in 1557 and presented to King of Kochi, the palace was renovated by the Dutch in 1663.
Vasco da Gama Squre / Chinese fishing nets.
- The huge cantilevered fishing nets are the legacy of one of the first visitors to the Malabar Cost. Erected here between 1350 – 1450 AD by traders from the court of Kabul Khan. The best place to watch the nets being lowered into the sea and the catch being brought in, is the Vasco da Gama Square
- Constructed by Cochin Electric company in 1808 example of Indo-European architecture.
Other attractions are Bolgatty palace, Pierce Leslie Bungalow, Santa Cruz Basilica etc are located in the same area.After Fort Kochi sightseeing, you can go straight way to Kochi airport, which is approximately 45 mins drive in normal traffic. It may take up to 1.5 hrs during heavy traffic time.
Important Points to Know
- All the tourist entry points except Fort Kochi Beach will be closed down at 5 pm.
- Jewish synagogue will be closed on Fridays. But they now start opening after 2 pm on Fridays.
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday and Saturdays.
- This sightseeing is possible only if you can reach airport latest by 2 pm.
Drop at Ernakulam Railway station or Kochi airport by evening 5 pm. Tour ends.
Cost for Given Package
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury||Luxury Option II, 5 star or similar|
|Munnar 2 night||Bell Mount Or Las Palmas||Hotel C7 OR Misty Mountain Resort||Aranyaka Resort||Lake View Resort Or The Leaf||Fragrant Nature resort Or Blanket Resort|
|Thekkady (Periyar) 1 night||Bamboo Creek Or Wood Side Residency||Grand Thekkedy||Tree Top Or Pepper Wine||Mountain Court Yard Or Forest Canopy||Green Woods|
|Lake View Houseboat www.lakeview houseboat.com 1 night||Private Dlx AC Houseboat||Private Dlx AC Houseboat||Premium Private AC Houseboat||Private Luxury Fully glass covered Full time AC Mosquito or insect free houseboat||Private Luxury Fully glass covered Full time AC Mosquito or insect free houseboat|
|Cost for 2 adults With sedan ac car Valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar||Rs 29900||Rs 33900||Rs 35700||Rs 44900||Rs 56900|
|Additional Cost for child 6- 11yrs without Bed||Rs 2100||Rs 2100||Rs 2100||Rs 3000||Rs 4300|
|Adult with Extra bed||Rs 3150||Rs 3150||Rs 4200||Rs 5100||Rs 6300|
• 5% GST included in the above cost.
TOUR COST INCLUDES
- A/c Accommodation except Hill Station (Munnar &Thekkady) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- There is no B/F on the day of arrival.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Child below 5 yrs sharing same bed with parents will be complimentarily
- Hotel Check in at 12:pm and check out at 10:am.
- Driver is available from Morning 6 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- In case of arrival early morning before 6 am, additional charges will be applicable for the car.
- Non ac fresh up room for an hour, if required, in case of your arrival is before 6 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
- Boating in Periyar wild life sanctuary
- Cruise time from 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs with 1 hr lunch break. Next day trip from 08:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee / tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- Menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time : Deluxe and premium : 21:00 hr to 07:00 hrs.
- Luxury : 24 hrs AC
TOUR COST DOES NOT INCLUDE
- The packages does not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees , Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance etc.
- Children up to age of 5 yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any child bed or extra bed.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strike called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same are not included and will be charged additional.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.