Pick up / Check in :
Kochi Airport / Suitable Railway Station/ Aluva Bus Stand
Drop at / Check out :
Kochi Airport / Suitable Railway Station/ Aluva Bus Stand
Brief Overview of Package
There are number of people providing various Kerala tour packages with the various offers. But before selecting any Kerala tour package I would recommend to clarify your requirements just as which are the major tourist places in Kerala you wanted to explore?, How many days you can allot for Kerala Trip? etc. If you wanted to explore best places in Kerala by not giving more then 4 days then check out this 3 nights 4 days package of Kerala trip which is designed for those who want to visit a hill station and Kerala backwater houseboat experience. This Kerala tour package gives best experiences of Kerala – Munnar hill station and Alleppey houseboat. Other important aspect of the package is described in detail as below.
Munnar – Munnar is one of the best hill stations in Kerala which tourist cannot avoid visiting. It stood first in the domestic tourism due to its greenery, tea plantations, waterfalls, view points, cool climate – combination of all these make Munnar a No 1 destination. With the help of this 3 nights 4 days package you can explore the all the major places to visit in munnar and free from selecting and wasting time for selection of various munnar tour packages.
Houseboat – Houseboat in Alleppey is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Alleppey is criss-crossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields etc – all these makes Alleppey a much sought after destination among tourists. During stay in houseboat you will be provided with full board with veg and non veg dishes prepared exclusively for the occupants of the houseboat. Its a once in a life time experience to have stay in Alleppey Houseboat.
Fort Kochi – a beautiful small place located outskirts of Kochi city. This is the place where Dutch and Portuguese started their settlement beginning of 16th century when they landed in Kerala for trade. The remaining of the colonial heritage buildings, Chinese fishing nets, dutch palace etc are the attractions. Half day sightseeing trip is highly recommended.
How to Reach.
Arrival and Departure by Flight – Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival and departure destination for those who are coming by Flight.
Arrival and Departure by Train/Bus – The best suitable rly station / bus stand is Aluva. You can also come to Ernakulam Rly station (ERS or ERN) but in that case coming out of Kochi city during busy hrs take too much time.
Arrival and Departure time.
- Best arrival time is prior to 10:00 Hrs. In case if you want to come any time earlier than 10 am, our pick up facility is available.
- In case you are reaching mid night or early morning, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation with extra cost.
- If you have a direct bus coming to Munnar from your destination of travel, we can start this trip from Munnar itself.
- Minimum 2 nights stay at Munnar required in case you want to have a proper sightseeing and relaxing trip. You can also stay only 1 night in Munnar but the sightseeing part needs to be cut down.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize as per your choices, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- If you want to add one more night to this package with a beach destination, Mararikulam or Cherai Beach is recommended.
4 Highlights of this Package
- Well experienced, English/hindi knowning, well behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- Entry to one show each of Kathakali (Kerala Art form) and Kalaripayattu (Kerala Martial art) in Munnar.
- Private houseboat and not sharing.
- 500ml bottled min water per person per day in the car.
Day 1: Kochi – Munnar. 125 Kms 3.5 Hrs Drive
Your arrival is at Kochi airport or Ernakulam rly station. Our executive will meet, greet and receive at arrival destination. On arrival, you will be travelling to Munnar, which is approx 125 kms and it may take 3.5 hrs drive. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non veg restaurants which have rest rooms available. Post lunch move to Munnar, on the way you can see Valera waterfalls. You can spend some time there and proceed to Munnar and check in resort. Leisure and relax in resort. Overnight stay in resort.
Note : All Munnar water falls are depend upon rain in western ghats. Therefore, water falls many not exist from Dec till Jun.
Day 2: Munnar
Since there is only one day to cover all the sightseeing in Munnar, the appropriate time to start is at 08:00 Hrs. Below is the possible sightseeing available for the day.
- Rajamali National Park – Its located 10 kms away from Munnar town. Basically it’s a mountain where one can spot rare species of mountain goat called – Nilgiri Tahr. Entry permit can be obtained through online booking. More details
Note : Main attraction of Rajamali is Nilgiri Thar and once you reach on the top of the hill, you can have a good view point. Since this involve approx 700-900mtrs hike, those who have breathing problems should avoid this. Also those who are not interested in this Nilgiri Tahr and view point, this trip can be avoided. Rajamali is closed from 01 Feb to 31 Mar every year due to breading of Nilgiri Tahr.
- Tea Museum – Once Rajamali is over, TATA Tea Museum located near to the city, which gives an idea of how tea is processing from raw tea leaves, is an attraction. Tea museum is closed during Mondays.
Now it’s lunch time and Munnar city provide restaurants which caters veg and non veg food, jain etc. Post lunch, you will be visiting below places.
- Top Station – This is one of the best view points.
- Echo Point – This is a place near Mattupetty dam where if you make a sound, it bounce back with eco.
- Mattupetty Dam – Mattupetty dam and its park gives you some time to relax. If you are interested, here speed boat trip with full security is available.
- Kundala Dam – This is another dam enroute, good place for photography.
Your second day in Munnar is fully packed with sightseeing. Now is the time for shopping. Main shopping items are Ayurvedic products, all types of species, coffee/ tea etc. Return back and overnight stay in resort.
Day 3: Munnar – Houseboat – 175 Kms – 5 Hrs Drive
Today you are going to experience stay in a Houseboat. It may take approx 5 Hrs drive by road to cover around 175 kms. We always recommend starting sharp at 07:30 Hrs so that you can comfortably reach houseboat by 12:30 Hrs. On the way from Munnar to Houseboat there is nothing much to explore except a couple of view points.
Arrival and check in houseboat.
Arrival and check in houseboat by 13:00 Hrs. Houseboat make a trip through the best possible canals in Aleppey from 13:00 Hrs till 17:30 Hrs. These visiting places are
- Punnamada kayal – river famous for annual Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the river, both sides of the river, one can see local villages, temples etc.
- Pamba river – almost 150 ft width river which is connecting Aleppey on the both sides.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
14:00 Hrs – lunch at Meenapalli Kayal – small lake in the middle of Aleppey backwaters.
14:30 Hrs – Post lunch, the houseboat start moving till 17:30 Hrs. During this post lunch, the boat make a trip through the Kainakari village, Venattukadu etc. R Blcok canal, C block canals are the main attractions during this trip.
At 17:30 Hrs, the houseboat will halt at H Block for overnight stay.
Evening Options and Activities – Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having a fishing roads and you will surely get small fishes).
Note : If you are reaching late by an hour or more you do not need to worry as it’s a private boat and it will wait for you. Normally all the houseboat has lunch break for an hour. In case you got delayed and reached houseboat by 2 pm, we will not stop for lunch break so that you can cover maximum sightseeing places.
Important Points to Know
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you are reaching late, all boats booked through Srees Tours will not stop for Lunch.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- Houseboat menu inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have an option of visiting local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boat man will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licenced.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- You can skip staying in houseboat and stay in a resort – this will cost the package with additional costs.
- This programme is possible only if the guest check in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 2 rooms and top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 Hrs and at 22:00 Hrs the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 Hrs.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie check out at 7 am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9 am next day is not possible since the boat is having another check in at 12 pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending trip till 6 pm and next day till 09:45-10:00 Hrs in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
Day 4: Houseboat – Fort Kochi – Kochi Airport – 75 Kms 1.5 Hrs Drive
Today you are proceeding to Fort Kochi for sightseeing. Before check out from houseboat at 09:00 Hrs, the Alleppey houseboat will make a trip through the backwaters and you will be provided with Kerala traditional B/F.
Check out at 09:00 Hrs and proceed to Fort Kochi which is 75 Kms and it takes almost 1.5 Hrs. We have planned a half day sightseeing at Fort Kochi. The major places to visit in Kochi will be covered are as follows:
Fort Kochi. Fort Kochi is a fishing village that become the first European township in India. The town shaped by Portuguese, the Dutch and later the British.
Jewish Synagogue. Constructed 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in commonwealth. It is noted for its mid-18th century, hand-painted, willow-patterned floor tiles from Canton in china, a clock tower, Hebrew inscriptions on stone slabs, old scrolls of the Old Testament etc.
Dutch Palace. Built by Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja of Kochi, the palace was renovated by the Dutch in 1663.
Vasco da Gama Squre / Chinese fishing nets. The huge cantilevered fishing nets are the legacy of one of the first visitors to the Malabar Cost. Erected here between 1350 – 1450 AD by traders from the court of Kabul Khan. The best plae to watch the nets being lowered into the sea and the catch being brought in, is the Vasco da Gama Squre
Kodar House Constructed by Cochin Electric company in 1808 example of indo-European architecture.
Chinese Fishing nets. This shows the Chinese presence in Fort Kochi dates back.
Other attractions are Bolgaty palace, Pierce Leslie Bunglow, Santa Cruz Basalica etc are located in the same area. After Fort Kochi sightseeing, you can go straight way to Kochi airport, which is approximately 45 Mins drive in normal traffic. It may take up to 1.5 Hrs during heavy traffic time.
Important Points to Know
- All the tourist entry points except Fort Kochi Beach will be closed down at 5 pm.
- Jewish synagogue will be closed on Fridays. But they now start opening after 2 pm on Fridays.
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday and Saturdays.
- In case your flight is at 15:00 Hrs or before, this sightseeing is not possible.
After the sightseeing it takes almost an hour to reach airport. Therefore, be careful about your departure flights or train etc. A small shopping before going to airport and finally drop at airport and Tour ends. Selection of this package will provide you the best experience of Kerala Tourism.
Cost for Given Package
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Premium Option II||Luxury|
|Munnar 2 Night||Bell Mount Or Green Ridge||Hotel C 7||Aranyaka Resort Cottage||Tea Valley Cottage||Amber Dale Or Tall Trees|
|Lake View Houseboat www.lakeview houseboat.com 1 night||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Premium AC||1 bed room private Premium with full time AC||1 bed room private Luxury full time AC|
|Cost for 2 adults valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec & 15 Jan to 31 Mar||Rs. 23600||Rs. 24900||Rs. 28800||Rs. 32900||Rs. 44900|
|Cost for 2 adults valid from 01 Apr to 30 Sep||Rs. 22500||Rs. 22900||Rs. 26900||Rs. 30900||Rs. 40800|
- The above costs are valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar.
- Cost not valid from 16 Dec to 14 Jan – contact us for revised price – CONTACT US
- Validity from 01 Apr till 31 Sep. This is an off season and good discount available – CONTACT US
Tour Cost Includes
- A/c Accommodation except Hill Station (Munnar ) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- Driver is available from Morning 7 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- Non ac fresh up room for an hour, if required, in case of your arrival is before 7 am.
- All the applicable taxes
- Cruise time from 12:00 Hrs to 17:30 Hrs with 1 Hr lunch break. Next day trip from 08:00 Hrs to 09:00 Hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee / tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- Menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time: Deluxe and premium : 21:00 Hrs to 07:00 Hrs.
- Luxury : 24hrs AC
Tour Cost Does Not Includes
- The packages does not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees , Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strike called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same are not included and will be charged additional.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.