Pick up / Check in :
Kochi Airport/ Aluva Railway Station or Bus Stand/ Ernakulam Railway Station
Drop at / Check out :
Kochi Airport/ Ernakulam Railway Station
Overview of 3 Nights & 4 Days Munnar Alleppey Kochi Tour Package:
This 4 days Kerala trip is designed for those who want to visit a hill station and backwater houseboat experience. This tour gives the best experiences of Kerala – Munnar hill station and Alleppey houseboat. Munnar and Alleppey backwater is the best unavoidable tourist destination when planning for a short trip to Kerala. Therefore we can say that 3 nights & 4 days Munnar Alleppy Kochi tour package is one of the best short trips. Other important information regarding destinations etc is below.
Munnar is one of the best hill stations in Kerala which tourists cannot avoid visiting. It stood first in the domestic tourism due to its greenery, tea plantations, waterfalls, viewpoints, cool-climate – the combination of these entries makes Munnar a No 1 destination.
Houseboat in Aleppey is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Aleppey has crisscrossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields, etc – all these make Aleppey a much sought after destination among tourists. During the stay in a houseboat, you will be provided with a full board with veg and non-veg dishes prepared exclusively for the occupants of the houseboat.
Fort Kochi –
A beautiful small place located outskirts of Kochi city. This is the place where Dutch and Portuguese started their settlement beginning of the 16th century when they landed in Kerala for trade. The remaining of the colonial heritage buildings, Chinese fishing nets, dutch palace, etc are the attractions. A half-day sightseeing trip is highly recommended.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival and Departure by Flight –
Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival and departure destination for those who are coming by Flight.
2) Arrival Train/Bus
- The best suitable railway station/bus stand is Aluva. It is easy to go to Munnar than from Ernakulam Railway station.
- You can also come to Ernakulam Railway station (ERS or ERN) but in that case, you need to come out of the city which takes considerable time.
3) Departure by Train/Bus
- The best suitable railway station is Ernakulam (ERS/ERN) because of your last day sightseeing at Fort Koch and Kochi city shopping, Ernakulam is the most suitable railway station as you need to drive 45 mins to Aluva railway station.
You can also return from the Alleppey railway station or Bus stand.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Earliest and best arrival time is prior to 1000 hrs. Since our cab service is available from 06:00 hrs onwards, you can reach Kochi earlier also.
- In case you are reaching early morning, we need to arrange a fresh up room which costs you extra.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- You can depart from Kochi airport any time after 11 am. But if you want a Fort Kochi sightseeing and shopping earliest departure should be any time after 3 pm.
Important Travel Tips:
- In case you have any other mode of arrival, we are open to provide the service. You can also reach Munnar directly by the Volvo bus.
- Minimum 2 nights stay at Munnar required to have a relaxing trip and to see most of the places. If you are staying only 1 night, then you just get a half-day to enjoy the place.
- You can also start this package on a reverse order without any increase in the prices.
- Based on this itinerary, you can customize as per your choice this package with regards to the hotel, sightseeing place, destinations, etc.
- This is a private trip and NOT shared with any other group.
- In case you do not want to stay in Houseboat and want to have a day trip, the same can be accommodated with a revised price.
Highlights of 3 Nights & 4 Days Munnar Alleppey Kochi Tour Package:
- Well experienced, English/Hindi knowing, well-behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- Entry to one shows each of Kathakali (Kerala Art form) and Kalaripayattu (Kerala Martial art) in Munnar.
- Private houseboat and not sharing.
- 500 ml bottled min water per person per day in the car.
Day 1: Travel to Munnar from Kochi Airport or Ernakulam Railway Station
Your arrival is at Kochi airport or Ernakulam railway station. Our executive will meet, greet and receive at arrival destination. On arrival, you will be traveling to Munnar, which is approx 125 kms and it may take 3.5 hrs drive. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non-veg restaurants which have restrooms available. Post lunch moves to Munnar, on the way you can see Valera waterfalls. You can spend some time there and proceed to Munnar and check in the resort. Leisure and relax in a resort.
Note: Overnight stay in the resort. All Munnar waterfalls are dependent upon rain in western ghats. Therefore, waterfalls may not exist from December till June.
Day 2: Munnar Sightseeing
Since there is only one day to cover all the sightseeing in Munnar, the appropriate time to start is at 08:00 hrs. Below is the possible sightseeing available for the day.
Rajamali National Park:
Its located 10 kms away from Munnar town. Basically it’s a mountain where one can spot rare species of mountain goat called – Nilgiri Tahr. Entry permits can be obtained through online booking.
Note: The main attraction of Rajamali is Nilgiri Thar and once you reach on the top of the hill, you can have a good viewpoint. Since this involves an approx 700-900 meters hike, those who have breathing problems should avoid this. Also, those who are not interested in this Nilgiri Tahr and viewpoint, this trip can be avoided. Rajamali is closed from 01 Feb to 31 Mar every year due to the breading of Nilgiri Tahr.
Tea Museum :
Once Rajamali is over, TATA Tea Museum located near to the city, which gives an idea of how tea is processing from raw tea leaves, is an attraction. The tea museum is closed on Mondays
Now it’s lunchtime and Munnar city provides restaurants which cater to veg and non-veg food, Jain, etc.
Post lunch, you will be visiting the below places.
- Top Station– This is one of the best viewpoints.
- Echo Point – This is a place near Mattupetty dam where if you make a sound, it bounces back with eco.
- Mattupetty Dam – Mattupetty dam and its park gives you some time to relax. If you are interested, here speed boat trip with full security is available.
- Kundala Dam– This is another dam en route, a good place for photography.
Note: Overnight stay at Hotel.
Important Travel Tips:
- You can choose a variety of accommodation options in Munnar like Tree House, Private pool Villa, Camp stay, stay in the forest, etc. If you are interested, mention this in advance so that we can include this in the package.
- Munnar is a hikers paradise. There are many hiking options available. If you like to have hiking included, please mention this in advance.
- Munnar does not provide any adventure activities like bungee jump, paragliding, etc.
Day 3: Munnar to Alleppey Houseboat
Today you are going to experience stay in a Houseboat. It may take approx 5 hrs drive by road to cover around 175 kms. We always recommend starting sharp at 07:30 hrs so that you can comfortably reach houseboat by 12:30 hrs. On the way from Munnar to Houseboat, there is nothing much to explore except a couple of viewpoints.
Arrival and check-in the houseboat.
Arrival and check-in houseboat by 13:00 hrs. Houseboat makes a trip through the best possible canals in Aleppey from 13:00 hrs till 17:30 hrs. These visiting places are,
- Punnamada Kayal – river famous for annual Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the rivers, both sides of the river, one can see local villages, temples, etc.
- Pamba river – almost 150ft width river which is connecting Aleppey on both sides.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
14:00 hrs – Lunch at Meenapalli Kayal – a small lake in the middle of Aleppey backwaters.
14:30 hrs – Post lunch, the houseboat start moving till 17:30 hrs. During this post-lunch, the boat makes a trip through the Kainakari village, Venattukadu, etc. R Block canal, C block canals are the main attractions during this trip.
At 17:30 hrs, the houseboat will halt at H Block for overnight stay.
Evening Options and Activities:
- Walking by the canal or in the village. Houseboat used to stop by 17:30 hrs. you have time till sunset to roam around nearby places.
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having fishing roads and you will surely get small fishes).
- The houseboat is having a tv and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own pen drive to make your stay more comfortable
Note: Special consideration by Sreestours. If you are reaching late by an hour or more you do not need to worry as it’s a private boat and it will wait for you. Normally all the houseboat has a lunch break for an hour. In case you got delayed and reached a houseboat by 2 pm, we will not stop for a lunch break so that you can cover maximum sightseeing places.
Important Points to Know:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you are reaching late, all boats booked through Srees Tours will not stop for Lunch.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- The houseboat menu was inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have the option of visiting a local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boatman will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where the houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- You can skip staying in the houseboat and stay in a resort – this will cost the package with additional costs.
- This program is possible only if the guest check-in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 2 rooms and the top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22:00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check-in, check out cannot be extended after 09:00 hrs.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie checks out at 7 am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check-in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9 am the next day is not possible since the boat is having another check-in at 12 pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check-in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending the trip till 6 pm and the next day till 09:45-10:00 hrs in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting-place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
Day 4: Alleppey Houseboat to Fort Kochi
If the sky is clear, have a bed tea and you can enjoy a perfect sunrise from your houseboat. Since the houseboat is starting at 08:00 hrs, we recommend a light walk around the place if you are interested.
Today morning trip starts at 08:00 hrs till your check out at 09:00 hrs. During this one hour trip, it covers part of the biggest Vembanad lake. Before your houseboat trip ends at 9 am they will provide authentic Kerala B/F. Check out from the houseboat tour ends.
As per the program, today is the last day of your trip. In case if your flight or train leaves after 4 pm, you have the option of visiting Fort Kochi and shopping. In case your flight /train leaves at 2 pm or before, this sightseeing or shopping is not possible.
Today you are proceeding to Fort Kochi for sightseeing. Check out at 09:00 hrs and proceed to Fort Kochi which is 75 kms and it takes almost 1.5 hrs. We have planned half-day sightseeing at Fort Kochi. The places will be covered are:
1) Fort Kochi:
Fort Kochi is a fishing village that becomes the first European township in India. The town shaped by Portuguese, the Dutch, and later the British.
2) Jewish Synagogue:
Constructed 1568, this is the oldest synagogue in the commonwealth. It is noted for its mid-18th century, hand-painted, willow-patterned floor tiles from Canton in China, a clock tower, Hebrew inscriptions on stone slabs, old scrolls of the Old Testament, etc.
3) Dutch Palace:
Built by Portuguese in 1557 and presented to Raja of Kochi, the palace was renovated by the Dutch in 1663.
4) Vasco da Gama Square / Chinese fishing nets:
The huge cantilevered fishing nets are the legacy of one of the first visitors to the Malabar Coast. Erected here between 1350 – 1450 AD by traders from the court of Kabul Khan. The best place to watch the nets being lowered into the sea and the catch being brought in is the Vasco da Gama Square.
5) Kodar House:
Constructed by Cochin Electric company in 1808 example of indo-European architecture.
6) Chinese Fishing nets:
This shows the Chinese presence in Fort Kochi dates back.
Other attractions are Bolgaty palace, Pierce Leslie Bungalow, Santa Cruz Basilica, etc are located in the same area. After Fort Kochi sightseeing, you can go straightway to Kochi airport, which is approximately 45 mins drive in normal traffic. It may take up to 1.5 hrs during heavy traffic time.
Important Points to Know:
- All the tourist entry points except Fort Kochi Beach will be closed down at 5 pm.
- Jewish synagogue will be closed on Fridays. But they now start opening after 2 pm on Fridays.
- Dutch Palace is closed on Friday and Saturdays.
- In case your flight is at 1500hrs or before, this sightseeing is not possible.
After sightseeing, it takes almost an hour to reach the airport. Therefore, be careful about your departure flights or train, etc. A small shopping before going to the airport and finally drop at the airport and Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you are seeing this package and want to book with any other agent, please ask them to give a resort or hotel which is located in or very close to Munnar. Most of the travel agent and online portal gives hotels which are located at Anachal, Itti city, Kallar, Kunjithanni, and hotels in and around Sengulam dam. Please read our blog about where to stay in Munnar.
- Beware!! There are many touts operate in Munnar to canvas those coming without any booking. They used to get into these Volvo buses 2-3 kms before reaching Munnar and inform that they will arrange rooms at a discounted price. These touts work in connivance with bus drivers and hotels and earn a commission. It’s always better not to respond for their calls and you book everything in advance for a comfortable weekend trip.
- Since Rajamali national park may have a huge rush during weekend trips, its always recommended having an online booking.
- From 01 Feb to 31 Mar when the Rajamali is closed, you can go to the Lockhart gap view and tea factory visit instead of Rajamali.
- Munnar also offers lots of activities or programs for couples as well as families. This includes off-road jeep safari, Kathakali, and Kalaripayattu – Kerala art forms, cooking classes, etc. Green Land and wonder valley is a mini amusement park with have lots of activities. But if you want to enjoy nature and sightseeing, these types of amusement parks should be avoided.
- If you are a budget customer, its always recommended staying any hotel in Old Munnar as most of the restaurants are located in the city from where you can get good and cheap food.
Shopping at Kochi during this Trip:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Kumarakom and Kochi also.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips for Budget Travelers:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- Presently it’s a private boat included. But if you choose a sharing houseboat, the price will reduce. Go here to know more problems with Sharing Houseboat.
- Stay in a resort and go for a local country boat trip to reduce the cost in Alleppey.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for this Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury||Luxury option II 5 star or similar|
|Munnar 2 night||Bell Mount Or Green Ridge||Hotel C 7 Or Misty Mountain resort||Aranyaka Resort OR Lake View||Tall Trees OR Tea county||Fragrant nature resort Or Blanket|
|Lake View Houseboat www.lakeview houseboat.com 1 night||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Deluxe AC||1 bed room private Premium AC||1 bed room private Luxury full time AC||1 bed room private Luxury full time AC|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room||Rs 22900||Rs 25800||Rs 28600||Rs 40800||Rs 47300|
|Cost for 2 adults / 2 rooms||Rs 33800||Rs 39700||Rs 44600||Rs 67800||Rs 82400|
|Child Charges Up to 10 yrs without bed||Rs 1700||Rs 1700||Rs 3500||Rs 3500||Rs 4000|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 2400||Rs 2400||Rs 3200||Rs 4600||Rs 5800|
- The above costs are valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar.
- Cost not valid from 16 Dec to 14 Jan – contact us for revised price-CONTACT US
- Validity from 01 Apr till 31 Sep. This is an offseason and good discount available– CONTACT US
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation except for Hill Station (Munnar) on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- Private houseboat with lunch, dinner and B/F included.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 10 am.
- A driver is available from Morning 7 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- All the applicable taxes
- Cruise time from 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs with 1 hr lunch break.
- Next day trip from 08:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- The menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time: For Deluxe and premium houseboat, 21:00 hrs to 07:00 hrs. For Luxury houseboat: 24 hrs AC
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport, Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason