Overview of 2 Nights 3 Days Kovalam Trivandrum Tour Package:
This weekend package covers the best two destinations, Trivandrum city, and Kovalam beach. Those who like to visit Trivandrum city and Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple and palace, the best beach in south India ie Kovalam, this package is idle for them. Since this package is created in such a way that you have adequate time in all the places so that all the sightseeing can be easily covered, therefore, those who love to have a relaxing trip; this package is idle for them. Other details of 2 nights 3 days Trivandrum Kovalam tour package are below.
Trivandrum is one of the beautiful cities of Kerala. Many tourists came here during the year to visit this capital of Kerala. Among all tourist places, Sree Padmanabhaswamy temple is a major tourist attraction of Trivandrum. Apart from this temple, Thiruvananthapuram is famous for its beaches like Kovalam and Varkala, Backwaters like Poovar and Anchuthengu. Travel this amazing city of Kerala and make your journey memorable.
If you are a beach lover then Kovalam is the perfect place for you. Lighthouse beach, Hawa beach, and Samudra beach are prime beaches of Kovalam. You will find beautiful resorts and hotels around Kovalam beaches. Apart from beaches, Kovalam is popular for ayurvedic treatments, massages, and shop spices and handicrafts.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & Departure by Flight-
Trivandrum International airport is the nearest and best suitable airport which is 16 kms and it takes 30 mins by road.
2) Arrival & Departure by Train-
The nearest railway station is Trivandrum Central. Kochuveli is another railway station located in Trivandrum which is a little bit outside of Trivandrum but both railway stations are suitable.
3) Arrival & Dep by Bus-
Trivandrum city has an interstate bus stand where most of the local as well as intercity buses used to come.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Since it’s a short trip, it is always recommended to come as early as possible and proceed back as late as possible. Since the hotel check-in and checkout is at 12 pm, you can reach Trivandrum 10 am. Your return can be any time after 4 pm.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- In case you are reaching early morning, we need to hire a fresh up room which will cost extra.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you want to select this package and want to customize as per your choices, it can be easily be done
Day 1: Trivandrum-Kovalam
Kovalam 1 day itinerary:
Upon arrival at Trivandrum airport/Railway station or bus stand, our representative will meet, receive and transfer to the hotel at Kovalam. Check-in hotel and leisure at the resort. Afternoon half-day sightseeing of Kovalam.
1) Vizhinjam Light House-
Vizhinjam lighthouse is located 10 km away from Trivandrum. It is a 35-meter high tower. One can see a beautiful view of the Arabian Sea and coconut trees. Doing cycling and walking would be a great activity to do here. Tourists can reach here via taxi and auto rikshaw from Trivandrum. Visit here in between October to march to enjoy the beauty of this place.
- Payment by the entry fee. Domestic tourist Rs 20, senior citizen and children Rs 10, foreign tourists Rs 50.
- Entry is available from 10:00 hrs till 13:00 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 18:00 hrs. Entry closes at 16:30 hrs.
- Closed on every Monday.
- Lift available from 1st floor to 3rd From the ground floor to 1st floor and 3rd floor to 4th floor you need to round shape steps to reach the top.
- Not advisable for people with knee problems.
- The best time to visit is the morning 10 am to avoid the rush in the evening. There will be too much rush during the weekend and holidays.
- Due to the menace of stray dogs, do not go alone for an early morning or evening walking on the beach.
2) Marine Research Aquarium:
This place located near Lighthouse. If you want to get a glimpse of marine life and you can see the treasure of sea life. Visit this marine aquarium and know about various aquatic species. It is recommended to visit here in spare time. This place remains close on Monday and the entry fee charged is 20 rs.
3) Lighthouse beach:
Lighthouse beach is the well-known beach of Kovalam and for beach activities like scuba diving, swimming, jet ski, etc. This place remains open all day. By reaching the top of the tower you can see the spectacular view of the beach.
Important Beach Tips-
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hrs.
- During season or rush time, all the activities need to be booked in advance in case interested.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach shakers and umbrellas available from Rs 200 onwards.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- Washroom available but NO bathing arrangement available.
- It will be crowded with local tourists during holidays and weekends.
- In case your hotel is not nearby, carry your extra towel, changing clothes, etc.
4) Hawa Beach:
Hawa beach is another best beach in Kovalam. It is a very popular beach among the local crowd. Local tourists visit here often, especially at weekends. This place faces challenges of waste management and some carelessness of local crowd so we recommend you skip this place especially at weekends.
Important Beach Tips-
- Restaurants are not available on this beach.
- Lifeguards monitoring system available.
- Only a few sunbed and umbrella rentals on this beach.
- Water sports like Jetski, speed boat, and catamaran drive available in the boat.
- The best time to visit is early morning or afternoon.
- No washroom or bathing arrangements on this beach.
- This beach is having a paid vehicle parking area where ladies washrooms available.
Kovalam beach activities:
- swimming in lighthouse beach
- scuba diving surfing speed boat, etc.
Note: You can book these activities can be booked on arrival. beach activities like scuba diving, windsurfing, may not be possible. because it needs the training to do those activities. Overnight stay in the Hotel.
Day 2: Kovalam to Trivandrum
One Day Tour Places in Trivandrum:
Today we have planned visit to Sripadmanabha Swamy temple and half-day Trivandrum city sightseeing. Early b/f and departure for Trivandrum by 08:30 hrs.
1) Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple:
Things to know about Padmanabha Swamy temple before the visit-
- Temple Open at 3.30 am and darshan available till 11:30 pm.
- In the Evening, it open at 4 pm and darshan available till 7.30 pm.
- Pants, Jeans, Bermuda, etc are not allowed in the temple.
- Gents need to wear Dhoti and ladies need to wear saree/churidar.
- Dhoti available in front of the temple shop for Rs 50 per piece onwards.
- Small wallets, cameras, mob phones, bags, etc are not allowed in the temple.
Padmanabhaswamy temple Darshan Timings-
Morning – 03:30 hrs to 04:30 hrs, 06:30 hrs to 07:00 hrs, 08:30 hrs to 10:00 hrs & 10:30 hrs till 12:00 hrs.
Evening – 17:00 hrs to 18:30 hrs and 18:45 hrs to 19:30 hrs.
- You can have a special darshan at Rs 250 for 2 adults. This is inclusive of offering thali with flowers and prasadam in return. Special darshan gives you access without any queue and may take an overall 20 mins.
- You need to keep all your belonging in the car or hotel before the entrance.
- Footwear keeping place available just outside the temple gate on payment.
- The idol inside the temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Ananda Sayana. The sanctum sanctorum has three doors. You need to start darshan from left to right side starting the face, hands with lotus and legs.
- You need to have an hour to visit the temple.
- Only Hindus are allowed inside.
2) Puthan Maliga Palace Museum:
Visit this nearby museum of Padmanabhaswamy temple. This tourist place is showing the beauty of Kerala architecture. This place is a perfect place that loves ancient places and architecture. Apart from architecture, you will find an art gallery inside showing beautiful pictures of the royal family
Important Museum Tips-
- Entry is subject to payment of an entry fee. Foreign tourists to pay Rs 150, Domestic tourist Rs 50, Children Rs 15.
- Inside photography is restricted. A mobile phone needs to be switched off.
- Photo/video charges outside museum within the palace complex are – video – Rs 300, camera Rs 50 and Mobile Rs 20.
- Entry fee inclusive of guide charges.
- Opening at 09:00 hrs till 12:30 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 16:45 hrs. Monday Closed.
- Footwear will not be allowed inside the palace.
- The mobile photo needs to be switched off before entering the palace.
- Handbags, shoulder bags, etc will not be allowed and you need to keep in the clock room free of charge.
- There is an annual classical music festival is conducted every year from -6 Jan to 10 Jan which is being attended by the best musicians in India.
- The total time required to visit this complex and museum is approx an hour.
3) Sri Chithra Art Gallery:
Visit this beautiful art gallery of Trivandrum. It is the best place for people who are interested in art and crafts. Inside the gallery, you will find some best paintings of well-known artists and painters. It will hardly take 2 hours to view this art gallery.
Art Gallery Tips-
- Visiting from 10:00 hrs till 17:00 hrs. Wednesday open from 13:00 hrs till 15:00 hrs.
- Last entry available at 16:25 hrs.
- Monday closed
4) Napier Museum:
Napier museum is one of the prime museums of India. It was opened to the public in the year 1880. This museum holds beautiful attractions like various styles of South India, a chariot of temple, ivory and musical instruments, ancient coins, etc. This place comes into the major tourist attractions of Trivandrum.
- The entry fee is Rs 20 for Indians and Rs 50 for foreigners.
- Photography not allowed.
- Open from 10:00 hrs till 16:45 hrs on all days. Monday closed. Wednesday entry from 13:00 hrs till 16:45 hrs.
- It takes approximately 1.5 hrs to see all the displayed items in detail.
- No guide service available.
- Better download Napier museum app, show this at each item and you will get details or extra information.
Apart from the above, there is much more sightseeing in Trivandrum available like Magic Planet, heritage walk to see the old traditional building and culture, but you need to have 2 full days in Trivandrum to cover other attractions.
Departure back to Kovalam and leisure at a beach resort.
Day 3: Kovalam – Trivandrum
Today is the last day of your trip. Just relax and check out at 12 pm, it takes approximately 30 mins to reach Trivandrum. Drop at Trivandrum airport, or railway station/bus stand. Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- In case you reach early morning since the check-in hotel is at 12pm, you need to wait in the lobby till the rooms are ready. In case rooms are available, you will get an early check-in but this is an exclusive decision of the hotels. Another option is to book a fresh up room which will cost extra.
- If you want to select this package and customize it according to your choice of hotels, it’s possible.
- We have mentioned different sightseeing options which include some of the famous temples. In case you are not interested in visiting a particular sightseeing point or temple, we can modify this itinerary to suit your requirements.
- Taxi is provided just two transfers and one full day sightseeing. In case you want to use this according to your choice, its possible with extra cost.
- Trivandrum airport is just 30mins drive and Rly station 20min by road. If you have evening or late evening flight or train, you can check out from the hotel, keep the luggage and then proceed to Trivandrum city.
- If you are NOT interested in a temple or religious tour, we can modify this itinerary to suit your requirements.
- In case your purpose of visiting is for religious or to visit most of the temples in and around Trivandrum, we advise you to stay in Trivandrum city rather than a Kovalam.
Things to Shop at Trivandrum:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Trivandrum.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips for Budget Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing the same sedan ac car. This will reduce the price.
- Local transfers and sightseeing by three-wheeler auto.
- Conducted sit in coach trips are available from KTDC. This is the cheapest option to reduce costs.
- Instead of staying in Kovalam, you can stay in Trivandrum to reduce the cost as Kovalam hotels are costlier during seasons.
- You can also reduce the cost by traveling from Trivandrum to Kovalam, and back by state transport buses, which are easily available. But you may not be able to see all these sightseeing as per our program.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option 1||Deluxe Option 2||Premium||Luxury||Luxury Option II|
|Kovalam 2 night||Howa beach resort Or Ocean Bay Ayurvedic beach resort||Hotel Neelakanda Or Sagara Beach Resort Or Soma Palm shore||Hotel Samudra||Hotel Udaya Samdra||The Leela Or Taj Green Cove|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room||Rs 12600||Rs 15400||Rs 18700||Rs 22800||Rs 38800|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms||Rs 19700||Rs 25900||Rs 28800||Rs 38900||Rs 74900|
|Child Charges Upto 10yrs without bed||Rs 1100||Rs 1100||Rs 2100||Rs 1500||Rs 2400|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 1900||Rs 2500||Rs 2900||Rs 3600||Rs 4800|
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC sedan car for all the transfers as per the program given. First and last day just transfers and one full day sightseeing by private car.
- All-inclusive car with well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 10 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost Does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Poovar mangrove forest boating is not included.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.