Overview of 2 Nights & 3 Days Munnar Tour Package:
Munnar is one of the best hill stations in Kerala which tourists cannot avoid visiting. It stood first in the domestic and international tourism due to its greenery, tea plantations, waterfalls, viewpoints, cool-climate – a combination of all these make Munnar a No 1 destination. Whether the mountains, grasslands, valleys, tea plantations or the cool climate, Munnar offers much more than what you expect and you will love to stay not for 1 or 2 days, but even more. This 3 days trip to Munnar covers most of the sightseeing places in case you look for lots of sightseeing. Also,3 days trip to Munnar gives you enough rejuvenation for a couple of weeks ahead. Munnar offers a variety of stay options like accommodation in a forest area, treehouse, private pool villa, activities like hiking and camping, etc. In case you have an interest in any of these specialty lodgings or activities, it should be notified in advance. So Check our 2 nights & 3 days Munnar tour package in detail and plan a memorable 3 days trip in Munnar.
How to Reach:
Arrival & departure by Bus-
This package is designed for those have easy access or coming directly by Volvo bus or own transport to Munnar from nearby metro stations like Bangalore, Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, etc.
Arrival and Departure time-
- Hotel check-in time is 12noon (for up to 3star hotels). Therefore, you can come to Munnar at the check-in time or a little early as you like.
- But If you are coming by an early morning bus, since the check-in of the hotel is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. A non-ac fresh up can be arranged and will be charged additionally.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 12 pm
More Travel Tips for 2 Nights & 3 Days Munnar Package:
- If you want to come to Kochi airport and look at booking this package, the taxi charges from Airport Munnar and back will be extra.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize as per your choices of hotels or resorts, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
Day 1: Munnar
You are reaching Munnar directly by Volvo buses from any of the metro cities. Most of these Volvo buses are reaching between 7 – 8 am. The buses are reaching in the Munnar town area and on arrival, you will be received and transfer to your hotel. The normal check-in time of the hotel is 12 pm but if available you will be provided an early check-in by 9 or 10 am subject to availability. Check-in hotel and relax till lunchtime.
Post lunch, you will be visiting the below places.
- Top Station– This is one of the best viewpoints in Munnar which is located in Tamil Nadu. One can see the entire stretch of mountains including
- Echo Point – This is a place near Mattupetty dam where if you make a sound, it bounces back with eco.
- Mattupetty Dam – Mattupetty dam and its park gives you some time to relax. The children park is having many activities. One can also experience speed boating in the dam.
- Kundala Dam– This is another dam en route, a good place for photography.
- Blossom park or rose garden.
Note: Overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 2 : Munnar
After b/f at hotel you can visit Rajamali in Eravikulam national park.
Rajamali National Park:
Its located 10 kms away from Munnar town. Basically it’s a mountain where one can spot rare species of mountain goat called – Nilgiri Tahr. Entry permits can be obtained through online booking.
Note: The main attraction of Rajamali is Nilgiri Thar and once you reach on the top of the hill, you can have a good viewpoint. Since this involves an approx 700-900 meters hike, those who have breathing problems should avoid this. Also, those who are not interested in this Nilgiri Tahr and viewpoint, this trip can be avoided. Rajamali is closed from 01 Feb to 31 Mar every year due to the breading of Nilgiri Tahr.
After lunch, you can go to the Lockhart gap viewpoint. You can have good photos from this viewpoint. Along with you can also visit the Lockhart tea factory. Lockhart tea factory visit gives a chance to see how tea is being processed from raw tea leaves. You can also buy authentic, different taste tea directly from this factory.
Return back to the hotel and overnight stay.
Day 3: Munnar
Today is the last day and no sightseeing planned. Check out from the hotel by 11:30 hrs and proceed to Munnar city and drop at the departure point. Tour ends.
Things you can shop during this Trip:
Kerala is basically a consumer state. Best shopping items from here – Tea, Coffee, all types of spices and ayurvedic products or medicine, handicraft artifacts items, etc.
Important Travel Tips:
- Your sightseeing is arranged in such ways that if any delay in starting definitely affects the program given.
- Beware!! There are many touts operate in Munnar to canvas those coming without any booking. They used to get into these Volvo buses 2-3 km before reaching Munnar and inform that they will arrange rooms at a discounted price. These touts work in connivance with bus drivers and hotels and earn a commission. Its always better not to respond for their calls and you book everything in advance for a comfortable weekend trip.
- Since Rajamali national park may have a huge rush during weekend trips, its always recommended having an online booking.
- Your checkout from the hotel is at 11 am. In case you are planning to visit Rajamali and do not have a booking, it is better first to check out from the hotel, keep luggage in the hotel lobby. In case you delay coming to the hotel for checkout after 12 pm, the hotel may ask additional room rent or full room rent.
- From 01 Feb to 31 Mar when the Rajamali is closed, you can go to the Lockhart gap view and tea factory visit instead of Rajamali.
- Munnar offers a verity of stay options like Tree House, hiking and camping, private pool villas, jacuzzi rooms, etc. This needs to be booked in advance.
- Munnar also offers lots of activities or programs for couples as well as families. This includes off-road jeep safari, Kathakali, and Kalaripayattu – Kerala art forms, cooking classes, etc. Green Land and wonder valley is a mini amusement park with lots of activities. But if you want to enjoy nature and sightseeing, this type of amusement park should be avoided.
- If you are a budget customer, its always recommended staying any hotel in Old Munnar as most of the restaurants are located in the city from where you can get good and cheap food.
- In the Dlx option 1 costing, transfer from bus to hotel and hotel back to the bus is not available as the distance is just 150mtrs. In all other options, since the hotels are located outside the city, the taxi will be provided for pick up and drop also.
Cost of this Package:
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Deluxe Option II||Premium||Luxury||Luxury option II 5 star or similar|
|Munnar 2 night||Bell Mount Or Green Ridge||Hotel C 7||Aranyaka Resort Or Tea country||Tall Trees Or Tea country||Fragrant nature resort Or Blanket|
|Cost for 2 adults valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec & 15 Jan to 31 Mar||Rs 9500||Rs 12900||Rs 13600||Rs 18800||Rs 23400|
|Child Charges Up to 10 yrs without bed||Rs 1000||Rs 1050||Rs 1200||Rs 1770||Rs 1770|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 1680||Rs 1650||Rs 2100||Rs 4200||Rs 4200|
Tour Cost Includes:
- Non-A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am.
- Driver is only available as per the program given above.
- All the applicable taxes.
- No hidden costs.
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Volvo bus tickets.
- Guide charges, entry fee, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.