Overview of 2 Nights & 3 Days Munnar Alleppey Tour Package:
This 3 days weekend tour package is designed for those who want a weekend trip to Kerala covering the Backwater houseboat and Munnar. This package is very suitable for those looking for a weekend trip traveling from Bangalore, Mysore, Hyderabad, Chennai, and Coimbatore. Since the distance from Alleppey to Munnar is around 200 kms and it takes a small car 5 hrs by road, this package can’t be considered as a relaxing trip. We have planned this 2 nights and 3 days Munnar Alleppey tour package a trip starting from Houseboat due to a couple of reasons.
- In case the houseboat is on the last day, the check out is at 09:00 hrs and the whole day is nothing to do except a few places sightseeing.
- There are more good sightseeing options available in Munnar than Kochi.
- In case we consider Munnar as the first day, you only get a half-day since you need to travel to Alleppey the next day morning.
- The present package gives two half-day sightseeing in Munnar.
About Alleppey Houseboat:
Houseboat in Alleppey is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Alleppey is crisscrossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields, etc. All these make Alleppey a much sought after destination among tourists. During the stay in a houseboat, you will be provided with the full board with veg and non-veg dishes. These are prepared exclusively for the occupants of the houseboat.
Munnar – Kashmir of South India
Munnar is a hill station located in the Western Ghats at heights that varies from 1,450 m to 2,750 m. The main attraction is the tea plantation, cool climate, forest and greenery, fog and mist. This attraction gives a tourist much more than what he wanted.
How to Reach Alleppey:
1) Arrival by Flight-
Kochi Airport (Cok) is the most suitable airport for arrival and departure. It takes approximately 2.5 hrs to Alleppey and 3.5 hrs to Munnar.
2) Arrival By Train or Bus-
Since the trip is starting from Alleppey, Alleppey railway station or the Bus stand is the most suitable place to reach. The other railway stations which are closer to Alleppey’s houseboat boarding points are Kottayam, Changanaserry, etc. Interstate buses are also operating to Alleppey from many metro stations. You can also come to Ernakulam railway station which is approximately 2 hrs from Alleppey.
As per this program, your trip is ending at Munnar. Munnar Bus stand is the convenient departure place in case you have an interstate bus available. Aluva Railway station is the nearest boarding point in case departure by train. Ernakulam Railway station (ERN or ERS) are also suitable.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Houseboat check-in is at 12 pm, therefore you can reach Alleppey any time before 11:45 hrs.
- If you are coming by early morning or any time before 10 am, since the check-in of the houseboat is at 12 pm, you need to have a fresh up room. The same can be arranged at extra cost.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
Important Travel Tips:
- Rajamali National park is closed for breeding from 1st week of Feb till 31 Mar every year.
- Since this is a short trip, it is advisable to avoid resorts located too far off from Munnar.
- Since all the waterfalls are connected with raining in the Western Ghats, most of them may dry during summer time i.e. from Jan till Jun.
- In Munnar, specialty stays like a tree house, camp stay, hiking, etc available. In case you are interested, these need to be booked in advance.
- Always we recommend choosing a resort located in Munnar rather than outside Munnar like chinnakanal, Chithirapuram, Anachal or Kunjithanni, in case if you want to choose your own choice of accommodation.
- You can also start the trip from Munnar. Then it’s recommended to reach Munnar first by Volvo bus. The advantage of starting from Munnar that you have a chance to visit Fort Kochi also.
Highlights of this Package:
- Well experienced behaved driver cum guide for the trip.
- Private houseboat.
- Evening Kathakali and Kalaripayttu – Kerala art form and martial art.
Day 1: Alleppey Houseboat Trip
Your arrival is at Alleppey Railway station or Bus stand. Our representative will meet, receive and transfer them to the resort. Check-in by 11 am. Proceed to Houseboat for a day trip. In case you are reaching early morning before 10 am, fresh up room for an hour will be provided without any breakfast.
Check-in Houseboat at 12:00 hrs and houseboat make a trip through the best possible canals in Alleppey from 12:00 hrs, the houseboat makes a trip through below canals in Alleppey.
- Punnamada Kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the small canal on this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
- Munnattumugam – Where three canals joints together making a very attractive and beautiful place
13:30 hrs Lunch at Meenappalli Kayal – a small lake in the middle of Alleppey backwaters.
14:30 hrs – Post lunch trip starts at 14:30 hrs and continue till 17:30 hrs. Houseboat makes a trip through some of the beautiful villages in Alleppey called Kainakari Village Venattukadu etc.
At 17:30 hrs, the houseboat finally halts at a halting point for overnight stay. Once the houseboat halted, guests can walk around till the sunset.
Evening Options and Activities:
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (most of the houseboats is always having fishing roads and you will surely get small fishes)
- The houseboat is having a tv and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own to make your stay more comfortable.
Important Points to Know For Houseboat Trip:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to B/F.
- In case you are reaching very late, all boats booked through Srees Tours will not stop for Lunch.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- The houseboat menu is inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have the option of visiting a local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boatman will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where the houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- This program is possible only if the guest check-in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers is not possible.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 3 rooms and the top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22:00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- In case of delayed check-in, check out cannot be extended after 0900hrs.
- Early Checkout from Houseboat ie checks out at 7 am or before needs to be notified in advance as accordingly night halting location needs to be changed.
- Late Check-in Houseboat. Normally extending after 9 am the next day is not possible since the boat is having another check-in at 12 pm. But all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check-in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending the trip till 6 pm and the next day till 09:45-10:00 hrs in case possible.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But that guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting-place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Requests like a sunset cruise, park houseboat to view the sunset, night halt in the middle of the lake or river, change location, etc will not be entertained.
Day 2: Alleppey Houseboat to Munnar
Get up early morning by 06:00 hrs – if you are lucky, you can see a good sunrise.
The boat starts at 07:30 hrs and drops at 08:00 hrs. During this time, the boat makes a trip through the famous Vembanad Lake, the biggest freshwater lake in Kerala. If you are lucky you can see many fishermen fishing from the lake.
Check out at 08:30 hrs and proceed to Munnar. It takes approximately 5 hrs to reach Munnar. On the way to Munnar, you can have your lunch at Onnukal, where veg and non-veg restaurants which have restrooms available. Post lunch moves to Munnar, on the way you can see Valera and Cheeyappara waterfalls. You can spend some time there and proceed to Munnar and check in the resort. Leisure and relax in the resort.
In case if you reach Munnar by 14:00 hrs, the below sightseeing options are available.
Rajamali National Park:
Its located 10 km away from Munnar town. Basically it’s a mountain where one can spot rare species of mountain goat called – Nilgiri Tahr. Entry permits can be obtained through online booking. More details about how can book, charges, etc.
Note: The main attraction of Rajamali is Nilgiri Tahr and once you reach on the top of the hill, you can have a good viewpoint. Since this involves approx 2kms trek, those who have breathing problems should avoid this. Also, those who are not interested in this Nilgiri Tahr and viewpoint, this trip can be avoided.
Note: All Munnar waterfalls are dependent upon rain and when the rain stops, the waterfall may or may not have water.
Day 3: Munnar
Today is the last day and we have planned a half-day sightseeing tour of Munnar. Drive till top station and on the way visit below places.
- Rose garden or flower garden.
- Echo Point – This is a place near Mattupetty dam where if you make a sound, it bounces back with eco.
- Mattupetty Dam – Mattupetty dam and its park gives you some time to relax. If you are interested, here speed boat trip with full security is available. There is a small playground for children is also available.
- Kundala Dam– This is another dam en route, a good place for photography.
- Top station – one of the best viewpoints in Munnar.
Departure for Ernakulam or Aluva Railway station. Drop at the railway station. Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips for Munnar Trip:
- Your sightseeing is arranged in such ways that if any delay in starting definitely affects the program given.
- Beware!! There are many touts operate in Munnar to canvas those coming without any booking. They used to get into these Volvo buses 2-3 kms before reaching Munnar and inform that they will arrange rooms at a discounted price. These touts work in connivance with bus drivers and hotels and earn a commission. Its always better not to respond for their calls and you book everything in advance for a comfortable weekend trip.
- Since Rajamali national park may have a huge rush during weekend trips, its always recommended having an online booking.
- From 01 Feb to 31 Mar when the Rajamali is closed, you can go to the Lockhart gap view and tea factory visit instead of Rajamali.
- Munnar offers a verity of stay options like Tree House, hiking and camping, private pool villas, jacuzzi rooms, etc. This needs to be booked in advance.
- Munnar also offers lots of activities or programs for couples as well as families. This includes off-road jeep safari, Kathakali, and Kalaripayattu – Kerala art forms, cooking classes, etc. Green Land and wonder valley is a mini amusement park with lots of activities. But if you want to enjoy nature and sightseeing, this type of amusement park should be avoided.
- If you are a budget customer, its always recommended staying any hotel in Old Munnar as most of the restaurants are located in the city from where you can get good and cheap food.
- We have given certain hotels we generally offer for guests. In case you do not want these and like to customize the hotel options by yourself, this is also possible and we will try to give maximum reduced cost.
- It’s not necessary to stay in a houseboat. Instead, you can stay in a resort and enjoy a 5-6 hrs houseboat day trip. This will be more expensive as you are paying a resort as well as a houseboat.
- In case you choose a day trip in a houseboat or shikhara or country boat, you need to have hotel accommodation at Alleppey. This will cost you more. But in the evening, you can visit Alleppey beach also.
Shopping in Kerala During this Trip:
Kerala is basically a consumer state; therefore, we recommend not buying clothes, electronic items, etc. Below are the recommended simple items you can buy. The main shopping items are Ayurvedic products, coffee/ tea, etc. We will surely recommend not to buy spices from Munnar as its cheaper than Ernakulam city.
- All types of species, Coffee & Tea.
- Banana Chips – You can get fresh banana chips from Near Kochi airport, Alleppey or Trivandrum.
- Kerala Traditional Saree – this is available in all textile shops.
- Best Gift items are artifacts of Kathakali, houseboats, etc. These are available to buy from Munnar and Kochi.
Tips for Budget Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, you can also travel by bus from the Alleppey bus stand to Munnar bus stand. Below are more travel tips for such kind of tourist.
- Upon arrival at Alleppey, you can hire a three-wheeler auto to Houseboat.
- Look for a sharing houseboat. Go here for more details of sharing boats and their problems.
- Alleppey bus stand is very close to Punnamada or Finishing point – both are houseboat boarding points.
- There are many buses available direct to Munnar from Alleppey.
- There are three-wheeler autos (tuk-tuk) available easily for local travel.
- While considering travel by bus, one should know that the taxi charges are approximately Rs 6000 included in the above package prices mentioned above. When you are choosing a bus, you may lose the timing, sightseeing places, etc. A bus normally takes almost 5 hrs to reach the Aluva bus stand.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Dlx Option I||Dlx Option II||Premium||Luxury|
|Houseboat 1 night||AC Dlx Houseboat Private||AC Dlx Houseboat private||1 bed room private Premium Houseboat||Luxury fully glass covered Full time ac Houseboat|
|Munnar 1 night||Glenmore Resort Or Las Palms Or Bellmount||Hotel C 7 Or Clouds Valley||Aranyaka resort Or Tea village resort||Tall Trees Or Tea country resort|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room||Rs 18900||Rs 20300||Rs 21700||Rs 31800|
|Child Charges Upto 10yrs without bed||Rs 1200||Rs 1200||Rs 1400||Rs 2200|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 1750||Rs 1750||Rs 2100||Rs 4200|
Tour Cost Includes:
- Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- There is no B/F on the day of arrival.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Child below 5 yrs sharing same bed with parents will be complimentarily
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 10 am
- Driver is available from Morning 6 am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- In case of arrival early morning before 6 am, additional charges will be applicable for the car.
- Non ac fresh up room for an hour, if required, in case of your arrival is before 7 am.
- All the applicable taxes
- Cruise time from 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs with 1 hr lunch break.
- Next day trip from 08:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
- Welcome drink, Lunch, evening coffee/tea and snacks, Dinner and Next day breakfast & Mineral water included.
- The menu is fixed and in case of any additional food will be charged extra.
- AC working time: For Deluxe and premium, 21:00 hrs to 07:00 hrs. For Luxury: 24 hrs AC
Tour Cost Does Not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Children up to the age of 5yrs is complimentary while staying with parents without any childbed or extra bed
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport, Extra Rs 1000 will be charged
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason
- Accommodation in Munnar is Non-ac due to cool climate. In case you required ac accommodation, please mention this separately as this will cost extra