Pick up / Check in :
Trivandrum Airport/ Railway station/ Bus stand
Drop at / Check out :
Trivandrum Airport/ Railway station/ Bus stand
If you have a short holiday for three days and would like to spend time on a good beach and have some sightseeing nearby, this package is idle as this trip covers Trivandrum city and famous temple, Kovalam beach, and Kanyakumari. Below are the details about the destinations cover on this trip. Get brief about 2 nights 3 days Kovalam Kanyakumari Trivandrum tour package below.
Trivandrum is the capital of Kerala and one of the beautiful cities of Kerala. This city is famous for old buildings, wood place, beaches, and backwaters and for the world-famous temple Padmanabhaswamy temple. Due to its beautiful weather and climate numbers of tourists are visiting here during the year. This city is connected with major cities of India through road, train or air.
Kovalam is a small town in Trivandrum and the best place for beach lovers. There are three main beaches of Kovalam- Lighthouse beach, Hawa beach, and Samudra beach. These beaches are popular among the tourists who come from outside India. Kovalam is also known for old temples, churches, mosques, ayurvedic treatments, massages, and handicrafts.
Kanyakumari is a beautiful town located in Tamilnadu. It is the place where three oceans meet- the Bay of Bengal, the Arabian Sea, and the Indian Ocean. People come here from all over the world to see this wonderful place in India. Kanyakumari is popular for Hindu pilgrimage centers, view of sunset and sunrise over the sea.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & Departure by Flight –
Trivandrum International airport is the best suitable airport near to Poovar.
2) Arrival & Departure by Train –
There are two railway stations in Trivandrum. Trivandrum Central and Kochuveli. The nearest Trivandrum Central. Kochuveli is a little bit outside Trivandrum city.
3) Arrival & Departure by Bus –
Trivandrum city has an interstate bus stand where most of the local as well as intercity buses used to come.
Arrival and Departure time:
- Since it’s a short trip, it is always recommended to come as early as possible and proceed back as late as possible. Since the hotel check-in and checkout is at 12 pm, you can reach Trivandrum 10 am. Your return can be any time after 4 pm.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation with extra cost.
Day 1: Trivandrum – Kovalam
Kovalam 1 Day Sightseeing Places:
Arrival Trivandrum at the appropriate time, our representative will meet, receive and transfer to Kovalam Hotel. Check-in and leisure at Hotel. Afternoon sightseeing options.
1) Vizhinjam Lighthouse:
Brief about place:
- Also known as Kovalam lighthouse
- 35-meter high tower
- the highest lighthouse in Kovalam
- built-in 1972
- One can see the beautiful view of the Arabian Sea, and do activities like cycling & walking
- Payment by the entry fee. Domestic tourist Rs 20, senior citizen and children Rs 10, foreign tourists Rs 50.
- Entry is available from 10:00 hrs till 1300hrs and 1400hrs to 1800hrs. Entry closes at 1630hrs. Closed on every Monday.
- Lift available from 1st floor to 3rd From the ground floor to 1st floor and 3rd floor to 4th floor you need to round shape steps to reach the top.
- Not advisable for people breathing and knee problems.
- The best time to visit is the morning at 10 am to avoid the rush in the evening. There will be too much rush during weekend and holidays
2) Marine Research Aquarium:
Brief about place:
- Located near Lighthouse beach
- It has a mass collection of marine life
- Entry fee is 20 rs
- Remain closed on Monday
Note: Since there is noting important, visit this if you have spare time.
3) Light House beach:
Brief about place:
- The major attraction of Kovalam
- Beach activities like scuba diving, swimming, Jetski, etc is allowed here.
- Perfect place for photography
- Experience beautiful Silver colored sand and palm trees.
- Must visit the beach of Kovalam
Important Beach Tips-
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hrs.
- During season or rush time, all the activities need to be booked in advance in case interested.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach shakers and umbrellas available from Rs 200 onwards.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- Washroom available but NO bathing arrangement available.
- It will be crowded with local tourists during holidays and weekends.
- In case your hotel is not nearby, carry your extra towel, changing clothes, etc.
- Due to menace of stray dogs, do not go alone for an early morning or evening walking in the beach.
Day 2: Kovalam – Kanyakumari
Day Trip Tourist Places in Kanyakumari:
Day excursion to Kanyakumari. After b/f departure for Kanyakumari by 08:30 hrs. It takes approximately 2.5 hrs drive from Poovar to Kanyakumari. We are supposed to cover most of the sightseeing in one day including the sunset at Kanyakumari. Below are the sightseeing places of Kanyakumari that we are covering in one day trip of Kanyakumari:
- Padmanabhapuram Palace
- Mathur Aqueduct
- Vattakottai Fort
- Vivekananda rock
- Thiruvalluvar Statue
- Kanyakumari Beach
- Triveni Sangam
- Mayapuri Wonder Wax Museum
- Mahatma Gandhi Mandapam
- Observation Tower
- Sunset View Point
- Suchindram Temple
Get detailed information about these tourist places of Kanyakumari in our other article One day trip from Kovalam to Kanyakumari.
After sunset at Kanyakumari, you will be traveling back to Kovalam. On the way, if you are religious, you can visit Suchindram Temple. Return back to Kovalam and overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 3: Kovalam – Trivandrum
One day Tourist Places of Trivandrum:
Today is your last day of the trip. We also planned your half-day trip to Trivandrum. Your check out from the hotel is at 0900hrs and proceed to Trivandrum. Your sightseeing options start from Sri Padmanabha Swamy temple. Please read our travel tips given below also.
1) Sree Padmanabha Swamy Temple:
Brief about Padmanabha Swamy temple:
- World’s richest temple
- Entry in Pants, Jeans, and Bermuda are not allowed in the temple
- Gents need to wear Dhoti compulsorily in the temple. and ladies are required to wear sarees and churidar.
- Small wallet, camera, Mobile phones, and bags are not allowed in the temple
Padmanabhaswamy temple darshan timings:
1) In Morning:
- 03:30 hrs to 04:30 hrs
- 06:30 hrs to 07:00 hrs
- 08:30 hrs to 10:00 hrs
- 10:30 hrs till 12:00 hrs
2) In Evening:
- 17:00 hrs to 18:30 hrs
- 18:45 hrs to 19:30 hrs
- You can have a special darshan at Rs 250 for 2 adults. This is inclusive of offering thali with flowers and prasadam in return.
- You need to keep all your belonging in the car or hotel before the entrance.
- Footwear keeping place available just outside the temple gate on payment.
- The idol inside the temple is Lord Vishnu in the form of Ananda Sayana. The sanctum sanctorum has three doors. You need to start darshan from the left side starting the face, hands with lots and legs.
- You need to have an hr to visit the temple.
- The only Hindus are allowed inside.
2) Puthan Maliga Palace Museum:
Brief about place:
- The museum is also known as Kuthira Malika
- Located near Padmanabhaswamy temple
- The Museum is 200 years old
- Wooden carving is a major attraction of the place which shows traditional Kerala architecture.
- perfect place for people who love old places and interested in architecture
- Opening at 0900hrs till 12:30 hrs and 14:00 hrs to 16:45hrs. Monday Closed.
- Entry is subject to payment of an entry fee. Foreign tourists to pay Rs 150, Domestic tourist Rs 50, Children Rs 15.
- Inside photography is restricted.
- Outside camera charges are Video – Rs 300, photo Rs 50 and Mobile Rs 20.
- Entry fee inclusive of guide charges.
- Footwear will not be allowed inside the palace.
- The mobile photo needs to be switched off before entering the palace.
- Handbags, shoulder bags, etc will not be allowed and you need to keep in the clock room free of charge.
- There is an annual classical music festival is conducted every year from -6 Jan to 10 Jan which is being attended by the best musicians in India.
- Total time required to visit approx an hr.
3) Sri Chithra Art Gallery:
Brief about place:
- was opened for public in 1935
- This art gallery is a treasure of arts and crafts
- people come here to see paintings of well-known artists and painters.
- The art gallery offers around 1100 paintings to see.
- One or two hours are enough to explore this place.
Art Gallery Tips-
- Visiting from 10:00 hrs till 17:00 hrs. Wednesday open from 13:00 hrs till 15:00 hrs.
- Last entry available at 16:25 hrs.
- Monday closed
After sightseeing, you can have local shopping. We will drop you at Trivandrum railway station/bus stand or Airport by 1700hrs. Tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you want to select this package and want to customize it as per your choices, it can easily be done.
- In case you reach the early morning since the check-in hotel is at 12 pm, you need to wait in the lobby till the rooms are ready. In case rooms are available, you will get an early check-in but this is the exclusive decision of the hotels.
- If you are not interested in visiting any of the sightseeing options mentioned above like temples, we can send a customized tour program as per your choice.
- Trivandrum airport is just 30mins drive and Rly station 20min by road. In case if you have evening or late evening flight or train, you can check out from the hotel, keep the luggage and then proceed to Trivandrum city.
- The taxi given is just for transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary.
- If you are going to Rameswaram or Madurai after this trip, it’s advisable to have the Kanyakumari sightseeing on the last day, and then you can proceed from there to these locations.
What to Shop in Kerala?
Since Kerala is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located before reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Trivandrum.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips for Budget Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing the same sedan ac car. This will reduce the price.
- Local transfers and sightseeing by three-wheeler auto.
- Conducted sit in coach trips are available from KTDC. This is the cheapest option to reduce costs.
- Instead of staying in Kovalam, you can stay in Trivandrum to reduce the cost as Kovalam hotels are costlier during seasons.
- You can also reduce the cost by traveling from Trivandrum to Kovalam, and back by state transport buses, which are easily available. But you may not be able to see all these sightseeing as per our program.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Packages:
||Deluxe Option 1
||Deluxe Option 2
||Luxury Option II
|Kovalam 2 nights
||Howa beach resort Or Ocean Bay Ayurvedic beach resort
||Hotel Neelakanda Or Sagara Beach Resort Or Soma Palm shore
||Hotel Udaya Samdra
||The Leela Or Taj Green Cove
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms
|Child Charges Up to 10 yrs without bed
|Extra Adult Charges
- The above costs are valid from 01 Oct to 15 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar.
- Cost not valid from 16 Dec to 14 Jan – contact us for revised price-CONTACT US
- Validity from 01 Apr till 31 Sep. This is an offseason and good discount available-CONTACT US
Tour Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC sedan car for all the transfers as per the program given.
- All-inclusive car with well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12pm and check out at 10 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost Does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips, and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Poovar mangrove forest boating is not included.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guests will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.