Overview of 2 Nights 3 Days Alleppey Marari Beach & Kumarakom Package:
This is one of the best packages cover the two beautiful backwater destinations ie Alleppey and Kumarakom while staying in Marari Beach. Marari beach is located very close to Alleppey and Kumarakom. Therefore, it’s possible to visit both these famous tourist destinations that too within a short holiday time. Alleppey backwater experience is by a houseboat and Kumarakom by a local country boat or canoe. Other details regarding Alleppey Marari beach and Kumarakom package like destination, schedule, tour package price, etc are all given below.
Marari beach is the best tourist destination near to Alleppey district. Read details about Marari beach.
Get a detailed guide about Alleppey Houseboat.
Tourists are visit here to enjoy the backwaters of Kumarakom. Get more details about Kumarakom Backwaters.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & departure-
- Train or Bus – Suitable arrival is Alleppey railway station
- Departure is suitable for the Kottayam railway station. You can also plan to depart from Chertala also.
Arrival and Departure time-
- Your Alleppey backwater houseboat starts at 10:00 am, therefore, your arrival at Alleppey should be anytime before 10:30 am.
- Your departure can be any time after 16:00 hours since as per program, Kumarakom sightseeing is on the last day.
Day 1: Alleppey Houseboat
On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Alleppey houseboat.
5 hours – Alleppey Houseboat Day Trip Plan:
Alleppey backwater sightseeing by a houseboat. Boarding Houseboat from Alleppey Jetty at 10:30 hours. Check-in Houseboat at 11:00 hours and houseboat make a trip through the best canals of Alleppey. From 10:30 hours to 15:30 hours, the houseboat makes a trip through the below beautiful rivers and canals with an hour lunch break.
- Punnamada lake – this river is famous as Nehru trophy boat race is conducted every year.
- SNDP Canal – this is one of the small rivers where you can see local homes, temples, etc.
- Kuppappuram village – here you can have a village walk in case interested.
- Kuttithod – This is another narrow canal where you can see paddy fields and local villages.
- C Block and R Block – these are the island located in the middle of the paddy fields.
- Vembanadu lake – the biggest freshwater lake in Kerala.
Houseboat Trip – Important Points to Know:
- Your houseboat trip inclusive of veg or non-veg lunch and evening coffee/tea and snacks.
- This is a private boat and not sharing.
- In case you have allergic to any particular food, it should be notified well in advance.
- Since it’s a short trip, you have NO option of visiting local sightseeing places by walking or walking through villages.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you.
- This program is possible only if the guest check-in at 11:00 hours. In case of delayed check-in, covering all the canals and rivers as per the program is not possible and an extended time of cruise after 17:30 hours is not possible and NO refund for the unused portion is available.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Smoking in Houseboats is prohibited.
- Since it’s a day trip, exploring villages by walk is not possible.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in the case ordered in advance with extra service charges.
Check out from the houseboat at 16:00 hours and proceed to Marari Beach. It takes half an hour’s drive to the Beach. Check-in Hotel and leisure at the beach resort. Relax and enjoy the beach.
Note: Overnight in Hotel.
Marari Beach Activities:
About Marari Beach-
- Marari Beach is the best beach for its neat and clean and those who love to relax some time to stay here.
- No adventure activities or beach activities available except swimming and enjoying the beach.
- Take an experience of traditional ayurvedic massage in any of the massage centers in Marari.
Marari Beach – Important Beach Tips:
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hours.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach chairs, sunbed, and umbrellas available on rent from Rs 200 onwards for half and full day.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- NO public washroom or bathing arrangement available on the beach. You can get this facility on payment from any of the homestay located on the beach.
Day 2: Mararikulam to Kumarakom half day trip
Today after B/F you will be proceeding to Kumarakom village for sightseeing. Your Kumarakom trip is in a canoe and below are the details. Check out at 09:30 hours and proceed to Kumarakom.
3 hours Kumarakom Backwater canoe trip:
About Kumarakom Canoe Trip:
- Your canoe trip starts at 10:00 hours and it covers Kumarakom backwaters, narrow canals, villages, paddy fields, etc. This canoe trip is including a visit to the famous Vembanad lake and Pathiramanal island. Any type of food or snacks even mineral water is not included during the trip.
Important Travel Tips-
- The canoe is a small wooden country boat that is covered from the top and operated by an inboard engine. The boat is having comfortable seating arrangements. Washroom, food, etc even mineral water are not being supplied in the boat.
- You can also have this trip the next day instead of the first day planned.
You can have lunch at any of the good restaurants at Kumarakom. After lunch, if interested you can visit a few of the sightseeing options and proceed back to Marari Beach.
1) Driftwood museum:
- This is a private museum where many of the driftwoods collected from the Andaman Islands are placed.
2) Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary:
Departure back to Marari Beach and enjoy the beach in the afternoon.
Note: Overnight stay in a resort.
Day 3: Marari to Alleppey Railway Station
Today is the last day of your weekend trip. Normal check out from the hotel is at 12 pm. Check out and drop at a convenient railway station or bus stand. In case your flight or train is leaving the afternoon or late evening, you can check out and keep your luggage in a resort and spent time on the beach till your departure. Since your last day is totally free, you can explore below sightseeing options which will cost extra. Drop at an appropriate place and tour ends.
Travel Tips for this Tour:
- Your arrival can be a little bit late. In case spending evening at the Marari beach may difficult.
- In case of your arrival at Kochi airport or Ernakulam railway station, taxi charges from Kochi to Alleppey and Mararikulam to Kochi airport will be extra.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 12 pm. In case you are going back by evening, you can check out and keep the luggage in the lobby, enjoy the beach and proceed back by evening.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize as per your choices of hotels or resorts, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- There are NO veg restaurants available on Marari beach and you need to depend on the hotel where you are staying for this.
- Holiday on any beach in Kerala is not idle during monsoon from Jun to Aug.
- Taxi given is just for transfers only and not available at disposal.
- Instead of staying 2nd night in Marari, you can also choose Kumarakom resorts but the price may change.
Shopping on this Tour:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below. You can buy these items from Alleppey city as there are very limited shopping options available in Marari.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Mararikulam.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Guidelines to Reduce Cost:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- Instead of a private day trip in a houseboat, you can choose a cane to reduce the cost.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing the same sedan ac car. This will reduce the price.
- The hotels we have given are located in a proper place. If you choose a hotel which is not in the main area it will reduce the cost.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury Option II|
|Marari Beach 2 night||Marari Beach Villas||Marari Beach Village Or Abad Turtle beach resort||La Page Mararikulam|
|5 hours private Houseboat day trip with lunch||1 bed room Deluxe Non ac houseboat private||1 bed room Deluxe Non ac houseboat private||1 bed room Deluxe Non ac houseboat private|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room with Sedan ac car||Rs 18800||Rs 27900||Rs 29800|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms with ertiga ac car||Rs 27600||Rs 20700||Rs 50600|
|Child Charges Up to 10 years without bed||Rs 1600||Rs 3100||Rs 4000|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 2500||Rs 3200||Rs 4300|
Total Cost Includes:
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with one Breakfast.
- AC sedan car for upto 3 adults and mini Suv Maruti Ertiga or Tavera car for 4 adults.
- Car is available for only transfers as per the program and NOT at disposal.
- 5 hours 1 bedroom private day trip with Lunch and evening refreshments.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle.
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 11 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.