This 21 hrs Kerala houseboat package from Kumarakom is designed for those who want to experience Alleppey backwaters in a houseboat from Kumarakom. Generally most of the houseboat operators from Kumarakom does not go to Alleppey backwaters due to too much of distance. They make a trip through Vembanad lake and nearby places. Since there is not much canal in Kumarakom, cruising through the lake most of the time is a boring trip. For those who would like to visit the scenic places of Alleppey backwaters from Kumarakom, this program is idle.
Experience Alleppey and Kumarakom backwaters, one of the must see destinations during a life time, in a houseboat is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Alleppey is criss crossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields etc –Kumarakom is a village located on the banks of the famous and beautiful Vembanad lake – experience all these makes a life time experience. To see this you need to hire any means of water transport like motor boat, speed boat, Shikkara etc. If you are willing to experience the beauty of Kerala kindly book your suitable Kerala Tour Packages or Kerala Houseboat Packages to see beauty of this places and make your journey memorable. This program is designed to experience this beautiful backwaters by houseboat overnight stay. During your stay in a houseboat, it makes a trip through the most beautiful fresh water lake called Vembanad lake and canals of Alleppey.
During this trip, you will be provided welcome drink, authentic Kerala veg and non veg along with local rice and many vegetables during the lunch, evening coffee/ tea or snacks. All these foods are prepared in the houseboat itself by exclusive chef.
- Boarding and Deboarding place – Kumarakom Jetty.
- Boarding time – 12:00 hrs.
- Deboarding time – 09:00 hrs next day.
How to Reach???
Arrival and Departure by Flight –
- Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival and departure destination for those who are coming by Flight.
Arrival and Departure by Train/Bus
- Best suitable Railway station / bus stand is Kottayam. Kumarakom is just 14 km from Kottayam.
- You can also come to Ernakulam Railway station (ERS or ERN) but in that case coming to Kumarakom take minimum 1.5 hrs drive.
Arrival and Departure time.
- Houseboat check in is at 12:pm. On special cases, check in can be arranged an hr before, but this is not guaranteed.
- Houseboat check out is at 09:00 hrs. Extension after 9 am is not available.
Highlights of This Package
- Well experienced, English/Hindi knowing, well behaved staff in the boat.
- Private houseboat and not sharing.
DAY 1 : Kumarakom - Alleppey
Pick up from Kumarakom at 12;00 hrs. Trip start from Kumarakom jetty and proceed to Alleppey. The boat trip through the Vembanad lake and Chithirakayl – a small lake. At 13:30 hrs, houseboat stops for lunch break. From 14:30 hrs till 18:00 hrs, the cover below best canals of Alleppey.
Punnamada lake – this river is famous as Nehru trophy boat race is conducted every year.
SNDP Canal – this is one of the small river where you can see local homes, temples etc.
Kuppappuram village – here you can have a village walk in case interested.
Kuttithod – This is another narrow canal where you can see paddy field and local villages.
R Block Canal:
At 17:30 hrs, houseboat finally halt at a halting point for overnight stay. Once the houseboat halted, guest can walk around till the sun set.
Evening Options and Activities
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. Once the boat is docked, you have a chance to catch small fishes from the river. The boat is equipped with fishing roads and this is a good experience during your stay in Houseboat.
- Houseboat is having a TV and music system to enjoy some movies. You can also bring your own to make your stay more comfortable.
DAY 2 : Kumarakom
If the sky is clear, you can see sun rise in the morning from the houseboat. We recommend you to have a small walk on the lane if there is no rain.
The boat starts at 07:45 hrs and proceed to Kumarakom Govt boat jetty to be dropped at 09:00 hrs. During this time, you will be provided with Kerala traditional B/F. During the morning trip, you can see very famous resorts on the right side of the lake.
Check out from houseboat and tour ends.
Tariff – Private Houseboat: (Valid from 01 Oct to 19 Dec and 15 Jan to 31 Mar)
|No of Adults||Delux AC||Premium AC||Luxury AC
Fully glass covered
Full time AC
|2 Adults 1 bed room Private boat||Rs 8750||Rs 10000||Rs 17500|
|4 adults 2 rooms Private Boat||Rs 12500||Rs 15500||Rs 27500|
|6 Adults 3 bed room Private Boat||Rs 18750||Rs 22500||Rs 33750|
|8 Adults 4 bed room private boat||Rs 25000||Rs 30000||Rs 40000|
|Extra person Or Child with bed||1000||1000||1500|
- Houseboat as per details given above.
- All meals in Houseboat. Start with Lunch, evening coffee/tea and Snack, dinner and next day breakfast.
- Cruise time 1st day 12:00 hrs to 17:30 hrs with 1 hr lunch break. Next day from 08:00 hrs to 09:00 hrs.
- Check in time 12:00 hrs. check out time 09:00 hrs.
- AC working time in Deluxe and Premium boat : 8 pm to 6 am
- Luxury : Full time
- Meals : Traditional kerala with veg and non veg (jain and north Indian food available on request)
- All Taxes
- Complete package for couple and not with group
- Private Houseboat with all meals.
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to next day B/F including 2 bottles of mineral water.
- Your preference of veg or non veg, allergic to any particular food etc should be notified to the booking agent one day prior.
- Houseboat menu inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have an option of visiting local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boat man will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed. We will not accept any complaint out of ayurvedic massages even if you have booked through our boat staff.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you. Please order these items with extra cost minimum one day prior your booking date.
- This programme is possible only if the guest check in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check in, covering all the canals and rivers as per the program may not be possible.
- In case of delayed check in, extension of trip after 09:00 hrs is not possible.
- Late Check in Houseboat. all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending trip till 6 pm and next day till 09:45-10:00 hrs if possible.
- Early check out from houseboat ie check out before 7 am needs to be notified in advance. Accordingly night halt location needs to be changed.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 3 rooms and top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22;00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- Smoking in Houseboats is strictly prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in case ordered in advance with extra product and service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Houseboat cannot be halted on the road side, in front of local homes, middle of the lake or river. Or any request due to any reasons by guest to change the halting location will not be entertained.
- Baby coat or child cradle is not available.
- Extra mattress on the floor is available for extra adult. Extra beds are not available.