Boarding Place: Alleppey Finishing Point, Starting Point or Punnamada Jetty
This 21 hrs. Kerala houseboat package in Alleppey is designed for those who want to experience Alleppey backwaters in a houseboat. It is necessary to have proper Guidance and information about the Kerala Tour Packages before visiting this places.
Experience Alleppey backwaters, one of the must see destinations during a life time, in a houseboat is an experience beyond imagination. The main attraction of Alleppey is criss crossed canals, lagoons, villages on the banks of these canals, paddy fields etc – all these makes Alleppey a much sought after destination among tourists. To see these Alleppey backwaters you need to hire any means of water transport. This program is designed to experience Alleppey backwaters with overnight stay in a private houseboat.
During the trip in houseboat for 21 hrs. you will be provided fresh lemon as welcome drink, authentic Kerala veg and non-veg along with local rice and many vegetable dishes. Welcome drink, lunch, evening refreshments, dinner and next day breakfast are all included during your stay in houseboat and all these are prepared in the houseboat itself by exclusive chef. According to category of the houseboat you booked from Kerala Houseboat package or Alleppey Houseboat Package, the menu may differ.
- Boarding and Deboarding place – Alleppey Punnamada jetty / Pallathuruthy Jetty
- Boarding time – 12:00 hrs.
- Deboarding time – 09:00 hrs. next day.
How to Reach???
Arrival and Departure by Flight
- Kochi (Cochin) International airport is the arrival and departure destination for those who are coming by Flight
Arrival and Departure by Train/Bus
- Best suitable Railway station / bus stand is Alleppey. Changanassery Railway station is 24 km away from Alleppey.
- You can also come to Ernakulam Railway station (ERS or ERN) but in that case coming to Alleppey take minimum 1.5 hrs drive.
Arrival and Departure time.
- Houseboats check in is at 12 pm. On special cases, check in can be arranged an hr before, but this is not guaranteed.
- Houseboats check out is at 09:00 hrs. Extension after 9 am is not available.
2 Highlights of this Package
- Well experienced, English/Hindi knowing, well behaved staff in the boat.
- Private houseboat and not sharing.
Day 1 : Alleppey
The below Houseboat backwater program has been designed for those who like to visit best canals in and around Alleppey.
Check in Houseboat at 12:00 hrs. and houseboat make a trip through the best possible canals in Alleppey from 12:00 hrs. the houseboat make a trip through below canals in Alleppey.
- Punnamada kayal – river famous for Nehru trophy boat race.
- SNDP canal – one of the small canal in this trip.
- Pamba river – almost 150ft width river.
- Irumbanam Thod – best narrow canal.
- Munnattumugam – Where three canals joints together making very attractive and beautiful place.
13:30 hrs. Lunch at Meenappalli Kayal – small lake in the middle of Alleppey backwaters.
14:30 hrs. – Post lunch trip start at 14:30 hrs. and continue till 17:30 hrs. Houseboat makes a trip through some of the beautiful villages in Alleppey called Kainakari Village Venattukadu etc.
At 17:30 hrs. Houseboat finally halts at a halting point for overnight stay. Once the houseboat halted, guest can walk around till the sun set.
Evening Options and Activities
- Fishing in the lake and backwaters. (Most of the houseboats are always having fishing roads and you will surely get small fishes).
- Houseboat is having a TV and music system to enjoy some pictures. You can also bring your own to make your stay more comfortable.
Day 2 : Alleppey
If the sky is clear, have a bed tea and you can enjoy a perfect sun rise from your houseboat. Since the houseboat is starting at 08:00 hrs. We recommend a light walk around the place if you are interested.
Today morning trip start at 08:00 hrs. Till your check out at 09:00 hrs. During this one hour trip, it covers part of the biggest Vembanadu Lake. Before your houseboat trip ends at 9 am they will provide authentic Kerala B/F. Check out from houseboat and Tour ends.
Tariff – Private Houseboat.
|No of Adults||Deluxe AC||Premium AC||Luxury AC
Fully glass covered
Full time AC
|2 Adults 1 bed room Private boat||Rs 8750||Rs 10000||Rs 17500|
|4 adults 2 rooms Private Boat||Rs 12500||Rs 15500||Rs 27500|
|6 Adults 3 bed room Private Boat||Rs 18750||Rs 22500||Rs 33750|
|8 Adults 4 bed room private boat||Rs 25000||Rs 30000||Rs 40000|
|Extra person Or Child with bed||1000||1000||1500|
- Houseboat as per details given above.
- All meals in Houseboat. Start with Lunch, evening coffee/tea and Snack, dinner and next day breakfast.
- Cruise time 1st day 12:00 Hrs to 17:30 Hrs with 1 Hr lunch break.
- Next day from 08:00 Hrs to 09:00 Hrs.
- Check in time 12:00 Hrs. check out time 09:00 Hrs
- AC working time in Deluxe and Premium boat: 8 pm to 6 am
- Luxury: Full time
- Meals: Traditional Kerala with veg and non-veg (Jain and north Indian food available on request)
- All Taxes
- Complete package for couple and not with group
- Private Houseboat with all meals
- Your houseboat trip inclusive with full board ie all the meals starting from lunch to next day B/F including 2 bottles of mineral water.
- Your preference of veg or non-veg, allergic to any particular food etc should be notified to the booking agent one day prior.
- Houseboat menu inclusive of Kerala local food. No continental or Chinese is available.
- You have an option of visiting local sightseeing place by walking or walking through villages. The boat man will help you for the same.
- There are many ayurvedic massage centers are available where houseboat is halting. We do not recommend having these massages during your houseboat stay as these are not properly licensed. We will not accept any complaint out of ayurvedic massages even if you have booked through our boat staff.
- We do not recommend buying extra fish or any other items from the local market. In case you are fond of a particular extra food, we will be ready to help you. Please order these items with extra cost minimum one day prior your booking date.
- This program is possible only if the guest check in at 12 pm. In case of delayed check in, covering all the canals and rivers as per the program may not be possible.
- In case of delayed check in, extension of trip after 09:00 hrs is not possible.
- Late Check in Houseboat. all houseboats booked through SreesTours have special consideration. In case of late check in after 2 pm, we avoid lunch break of an hour, extending trip till 6 pm and next day till 09:45-10:00 hrs if possible.
- Early check out from houseboat ie check out before 7 am needs to be notified in advance. Accordingly night halt location needs to be changed.
- Paddy fields are available from Oct to Feb only.
- Big boats having more than 3 rooms and top floor will not make a trip through Akkathara and Venattukadu canals.
- Dinner time is at 21:00 hrs and at 22;00 hrs the lobby will be closed.
- Smoking in Houseboats is strictly prohibited.
- Liquor will not be provided by the service provider. But guest who wants to consume liquor can bring their items and can be used in the boat. For those who cannot bring their stuff, SreesTours provide the same in the boat in case ordered in advance with extra product and service charges.
- Night Halt of Houseboat. All the houseboat owners have their own night halting place. This cannot be changed in case the guest does not like the place.
- Houseboat cannot be halted on the road side, in front of local homes, middle of the lake or river. Or any request due to any reasons by guest to change the halting location will not be entertained.
- Baby coat or child cradle is not available.
- Extra mattress on the floor is available for extra adult. Extra beds are not available.