Overview of 1 Night 2 Days Marari Beach and Kumarakom Backwaters Package:
A short weekend trip to Kerala and experience the backwater trip in Kumarakom and enjoy the best calm and quiet beach. This package includes a backwater experience by a canoe in Kumarakom and overnight stay in a homestay or resort in Marari beach. As per this program, you will be visiting Kumarakom village and canals by a 3 hours canoe ride starting at 10:00 hours and then proceeding to Marari beach. Other details about the Marari beach and Kumarakom backwaters package regarding destination, tour itinerary, and costing are given below.
Get detailed Information about Marari beach.
Kumarakom is one of the best places in Kerala. Tourists come here to enjoy a backwater trip. Get detailed information About Kumarakom backwaters.
How to Reach:
1) Arrival & departure-
- The nearest airport is Kochi (Cochin) which is just a 1.5 hours drive.
- Train or Bus. Suitable arrival is either Chertala Rly station or Kottayam Railway station. Departure can be from Chertala, Marari, Alleppey, or Ernakulam railway station.
Arrival and Departure time:
Your Kumarakom canoe start at 10 am, therefore, your arrival at the airport should be anytime before 07:30 hours. In case of arrival at Kottayam or Chertala, you can reach before 9 am.
Day 1 : Kumarakom
On arrival, our representative will meet, receive, and transfer to Kumarakom. We will arrange a fresh up room in case required before starting your canoe trip at Kumarakom.
3 hours Kumarakom Backwater Canoe trip-
Your canoe trip starts at 10:00 hours and it covers Kumarakom backwaters, narrow canals, villages, paddy fields, etc. This canoe trip is including a visit to the famous Vembanad lake and Pathiramanal island. Any type of food or snacks even mineral water is not included during the trip.
Important Travel Tips:
- A canoe is a small wooden country boat that is covered from the top and operated by an inboard engine. The boat is having comfortable seating arrangements. Washroom, food, etc even mineral water are not being supplied in the boat.
- You can also have this trip the next day instead of the first day planned.
Check out from Canoe by 13:00 hours and proceed to Marari beach. You can have lunch at Kumarakom and then proceed to Marari as there are no good restaurants on the way to Marari. Arrival at Marari and transfer to the resort. Afternoon enjoys the beach and leisure at the beach resort.
Mararikulam Beach Activities:
About Marari Beach:
- We have mentioned that Marari Beach is the best beach for its neat and clean and those who love to relax some time to stay here.
- There is No adventure activities or beach activities available except swimming and enjoying the beach.
- You can also go for traditional ayurvedic massage in any of the massage centers in Marari.
Travel Tips to Visit Marari Beach:
- Swimming on the beach is not allowed after 18:30 hours.
- Monsoon in Kerala starts during the 1st week of Jun till Aug end and the beach is not idle for swimming.
- Beach chairs, sunbed, shakers, and umbrellas available on rent from Rs 200 onwards for half and full day.
- Lifeguards and tourist police help available on the beach.
- NO public washroom or bathing arrangement available on the beach. You can get this facility on payment from any of the homestay located on the beach.
Day 2 : Marari beach
Today is the last day of your weekend trip. Normal check out from the hotel is at 12 pm. Check out and drop at Aluva railway station/ Bus stand or Kochi airport. In case your flight or train is leaving the afternoon or late evening, you can check out and keep your luggage in a resort and spent time on the beach till your departure. Since your last day is totally free, you can explore below sightseeing options which will cost extra. Drop at an appropriate place and tour ends.
Important Travel Tips:
- If you are coming by early morning a non-ac fresh up room will be arranged.
- In case you are reaching midnight, you need to stay in any hotel accommodation at extra cost.
- Your departure can be any time after 12 pm. In case you are going back by evening, you can check out and keep the luggage in the lobby, enjoy the beach and proceed back by evening.
- If you want to select this package and want to customize as per your choices of hotels or resorts, it can be easily be done.
- This package is exclusively private for the booking guest.
- There are NO veg restaurants available on Marari beach and you need to depend on the hotel where you are staying for this.
- Holiday on any beach in Kerala is not idle during monsoon from Jun to Aug.
- Taxi given is just for transfers only and not available at disposal.
Shopping in Trivandrum:
Since Kerala basically is a consumer state, the best options for shopping are below. You can buy these items from Kumarakom instead of Marari Beach.
- Banana Chips – if you want to buy freshly packed chips, you can buy this from a couple of chips shops located prior to reaching the airport.
- Souvenirs – many handmade artifacts about Kerala and its culture is available from most of the souvenirs shops. These shops are available at Mararikulam.
- Ladies’ traditional sarees are available from any clothing shops. It cost approx Rs 600 onwards per piece.
- Ayurvedic products – Oils, soaps, and many ayurvedic products are recommended.
Tips for Budget Traveler:
In case if you are not choosing this package due to unbearable cost, below are the guidelines to reduce the cost.
- This package is designed for those coming at Ernakulam and the airport. In case you are coming direct at Mararikulam railway station or by bus, the taxi charges included in the above price can be reduced.
- Try to travel as two couples ie 4 adults / 2 rooms sharing the same sedan ac car. This will reduce the price.
- The hotels we have given are located in a proper place. If you choose a hotel which is not in the main area it will reduce the cost.
- To reduce the cost, you can still join a group. But unfortunately, there are no conducted tours or group tours operates by tour operators in Kerala.
Cost for Given Package:
|Destination||Deluxe||Premium||Luxury Option II|
|Cherai Beach 1 night||Marari Beach Villas||Marari Beach Village Or La Page Mararikulam Or Abad Turtle beach resort||Marari beach Resort by CGH|
|Cost for 2 adults / 1 room with Sedan ac car||Rs 10200||Rs 14500||Rs 24200|
|Cost for 4 adults / 2 rooms with ertiga ac car||Rs 14900||Rs 23700||Rs 44600|
|Child Charges Up to 10 years without bed||Rs 700||Rs 900||Rs 1200|
|Extra Adult Charges||Rs 1250||Rs 1250||Rs 2200|
Tour Cost Includes:
- Non-ac Fresh up room without B/F if required.
- A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with one Breakfast.
- AC sedan car for up to 3 adults and mini Suv Maruti Ertiga or Tavera car for 4 adults.
- 3 hours canoe trip at Kumarakom backwaters.
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc).
- Hotel Check-in at 12 pm and check out at 11 am.
- All the applicable taxes.
Tour Cost does not Includes:
- The packages do not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees, Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance, etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- In case of payment made by credit card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strikes called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case, alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same is not included and will be charged additionally.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit the same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.