- Ooty – Famous Hill station of Tamil Nadu
- Kodaikanal – Best Coolest hill station of Tamil Nadu
Summer Tour Package Overview
After school vacations, comes summer months of April, May and Jun. Most people look for a hill station during this time to cool off from the scorching heat in down town south India. We designed this special package for summer time for those who would like to relax and cool their mind and body. Out of both Ooty and Kodaikanal, Kodaikanal is the coolest place compare to Ooty.
How to Reach?
Arrival by Flight – Coimbatore is the main airport. Madurai is also an option.
Arrival by Train/Bus – The best suited rly station is Coimbatore which is just 3hrs drive. Those who are coming by bus, can also come at Ooty bus stand. This is connected with major metro stations in South India.
Departure by Flight – The best suited airport is Madurai but always flight charges from Madurai is little expensive. Coimbatore airport is also an option.
Departure by Train/Bus – Kodai road rly station is the nearest which is just 86kms and it takes 2.5hrs drive. Madurai is the next alternative. Coimbatore rly station which is connected with major metro cities is the best suitable rly station.
Arrival and Departure time
We always recommend reaching before 9am so that according to our sightseeing plan, this trip can be smooth. Your departure convenient for this package is any time after 5pm.
- If you are coming early morning at Ooty bus stand, check in to hotel is allowed only after 11am and you need to rent a guest room for fresh up.
- In case of your arrival is in the evening, we need to change the plan a little bit or else we need to add more days to the package.
- Remember!! You are visiting the peak time and there will be heavy rush in all the sightseeing places.
Day 1 – Coimbatore – Ooty
On arrival at Coimbatore airport / Rly station or Bus stand, our executive will meet, receive and transfer to Ooty. It takes approximately 3hrs to cover 90kms. There are two ways to reach Ooty. Coimbatore – Mettupalayam – Coonoor – Ooty. The other alternative route is Coimbatore – Mettupalayam-Kotagiri – Ooty. The second one is more scenic beauty with lots of vegetation, valley view points, tea plantations, water falls etc. On Arrival you will be transfer to hotel. Leisure for some time. If interested, you can visit Ooty lake in the after noon. Important points of Ooty Lake.
- It open at 1030hrs and closes at 1830hrs.
- You can hire pedel and rowing boats.
- Evening cycling around lake is a good experience. You can rent a cycle near to the lake.
Overnight in Hotel.
Day 2 : Ooty
You have a full day available to explore Ooty and nearby places. Below are the places covered and its importance.
- Botanical Garden. This is maintained by the Tamil Nadu Govt, is unbelievably one of the most attractions in Ooty. It open at 0700hrs and closes at 0630pm. The main attraction of this garden is Fossil Tree trunk which is believed to be 20 million years old.
- Doddabetta Peak. This is located approx 10kms from Ooty and its one of the best view point located in Ooty at 2637 meters from ASL. There is a telecope house from where visitors get a birds eye view of Ooty. One can see forests of Bandipur national park, Mysore etc from this peak.
- Nilgiri Mountain Railways (Toy Train). This is one of the best attraction of Ooty. You can join a ride in the toy train from Ooty to Coonoor which is 1.15hrs. The departure time from Ooty is at 0915hrs, 1215hrs, 1400hrs, and 1800hrs. The important factor of this train is it passes thorugh lush green forest, old bridges, nilgiri mountains.
Overnight in Hotel.
Day 3. Ooty – Kodaikanal
Today, you are travelling approximately 8hrs to reach Kodaikanal. We advise you to start little early so that before sun set you can reach Kodaikanal. The route is via Coimbatore and Palani. You can stop a couple of places for leisure as well as lunch. Arrival at Kodaikanal and overnight stay in Hotel.
Day 4. Kodaikanal
You have just one day left at Kodaikanal for sightseeing. Below are the options available in Kodaikanal.
- Coakers Walk. Basically it’s a view point. If there is no fog, you can see valley view of Kodaikanal.
- Kodai Lake. Kodai lake is one of the best place to spend time. You can have pedel boating, rowing boats, horse riding, cycling etc
- Guna Caves and Devils Kitchen.
- Green Valley view
- Silent Valley view.
Shopping in Kodaikanal – The buy from this hill station is coffee/ tea, ayurvedic products, all spices etc
Overnight in Hotel.
Day 5. Kodaikanal – Coimbatore.
Today is the last day and there is no sightseeing planned. It takes approximately 5hrs to reach Coimbatore Airport or Rly station. Departure at an appropriate time and reach the airport. Tour ends.
South Indian Summer Tour Package
|Destination||Deluxe Option I||Premium||Premium Option II|
|Ooty 2 night||Wood Berry Residency||DelightsZ inn||Sterling Fern Hill|
|Kodaikanal 2 nights||Swiss Cottages||Aarem Valley cottages||Germanus|
|Cost for 2 adults Sedan car valid from 01 Apr To 30 Jun||Rs 29800||Rs 32900||Rs 42700|
|Cost for 4 adults 2 rooms Innova Car valid from 01 Apr to 30 Jun||Rs 46700||Rs 55700||Rs 70800|
Call us 94477 97564 / 81294 97390
Tour Cost Includes
- Non A/c Accommodation on twin sharing basis with Daily Breakfast.
- AC car for all the transfers and local sightseeing as per the given itinerary.
- Ac will be switched off in the hill station and while climbing the hill.
- Well experienced and bilingual driver till the departure
- All the expenses related to the vehicle (toll, tax, parking, permits, driver batta, etc)
- Hotel Check in at 12pm and check out at 10am.
- Driver is available from Morning 7am to evening 6 or 7 pm.
- All the applicable taxes
- Strike in Kerala. Due to strike called by political parties, safe driving of car and driver is difficult. In that case alternative arrangements with the permission of guest will be made and expenses incurred due to the same are not included and will be charged additional.
- The Hotels you selected according to your budget.
- We recommend you to check reviews and location of hotels in the Trip advisor to make sure it is as per your preference and on arrival in case you want to change the hotel, retention charges or additional charges for the new hotels needs to be paid.
- Taxi used to revisit same place already visited will be charged extra.
- No portion of the tour will be refunded in case of any sightseeing place not visited due to any particular reason.
Tour Cost Does Not Include
- The packages does not include Air/Train tickets, Airport tax, Entry fees , Monuments, Guide fees, Camera Charges, Massages, Elephant Safaris, Personal expenses like laundry, tips and telephone calls, Optional Tours, Travel Insurance etc.
- Optional activities mentioned in the itinerary & anything not mentioned in the above package.
- Taxi cost inclusive of pick up from Kochi airport and Drop at Trivandrum airport. In case of back to Kochi airport Extra Rs 1000 will be charged.
- In case of payment made by cr card or debit card service charge of 2.5% and 1% will be charged extra.